Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Training Ideas

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptySun 11 Dec 2011, 10:41

Since it's still a small problem with training locations, I figured we could use a server that is running Squad Rush or TDM. Doing this would only allow two 4 men squads to enter the server meaning a total of 8 players in all.

I figured this would be the best since we could get 8 members easily and just have them join the others in the server.

Doing this will allow us full control of the room and allow us just to focus on showing new players how the game works.

Also they can get the hang of weapons and upgrades and learn how to use attachments on their weapons and find what's best for them.
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 00:01

thumbs up B.....I like it
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 01:37

sounds good and with the server browser its just tryin to find one thats empty
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 10:46

By filling a whole server up as well, it would also be cake to coordinate helping others level up. it would just be discussion between people before hand on how to do that.

One of the easy things to look at in helping level other people, is ammo expenditure. It would be easy to get an ammo medal (100 ribbons) for someone over the course of several maps, with 3 people dumping clips/grenades while standing on a box. That's 37000 points right there...

Another way that can be done (with total control of a map) would be to have the help of both sides. One side feeds HUMVEES/tanks/jeeps to an engineer to destroy. Theoretically, this could go on forever with total control of a map, no people dying, and points not capped. This would not only help level an engi and support, but give much needed careful routing/driving time thru the maps. Figure out where the speed bumps are, fastest route, what corners to put mines on, etc.
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 11:08

hastalyk wrote:
By filling a whole server up as well, it would also be cake to coordinate helping others level up. it would just be discussion between people before hand on how to do that.

One of the easy things to look at in helping level other people, is ammo expenditure. It would be easy to get an ammo medal (100 ribbons) for someone over the course of several maps, with 3 people dumping clips/grenades while standing on a box. That's 37000 points right there...

Another way that can be done (with total control of a map) would be to have the help of both sides. One side feeds HUMVEES/tanks/jeeps to an engineer to destroy. Theoretically, this could go on forever with total control of a map, no people dying, and points not capped. This would not only help level an engi and support, but give much needed careful routing/driving time thru the maps. Figure out where the speed bumps are, fastest route, what corners to put mines on, etc.

We have to walk a fine line here tho. I don't want us to get called boosters.

I joined a squad rush server Sat morning. As I was choosing my load out, I hear "Enemy disarmed....". I was set to spawn on a team mate...who was standing at the MCOM. I spawned and there were 6 [HkS] members (3 on each team) who were arming/disarming/killing/med'ing...each other. It was the first MCOM of the two on the map and they all had 8000+ points. They all left as soon as I started killing them. Unfortunately, the game didn't register on my BL as I would have reported it to EA/DICE.

And you only need 50 ammo resupplies to get the medal. (ribbon is 7 resupplies IAR)

See --->BF3 Tips & Pointers<---. I wrote some things I noticed from the first week of playing. We leave a ton of points on the battlefied by not following these tips.

The easiest points to get:
Ammo - drop bags. The end. 10team/20squad points a pop.
Med - drop bads. The end. 10team/20squad points a pop.
Squad leader - designate attack/defend targets. 20 points a pop.
Spot everything. 10team/20squad points.
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 12:41

The leveling up thing I'm real careful about I do it when I'm alone on random servers. But, I just forcus on whatever I'm doing.

If we took over a server it would mostly be using it to help out people learn the maps and how to cap and hold areas. Also we can help them learn the gameplay and how to win, also show them they don't need to worry about their kills but helping their team.

I would love to learn to fly but can never get in a small group that will allow me to practice even if I commit 20 suicides lol
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 12:44

I need to learn to fly a chopper too. That is the only ribbon I have left. (Not the reason) I can't last in a tank like I used to when a chopper is in the air. Damn things are evil. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyMon 12 Dec 2011, 17:06

good point thump. hadn't really thought about that...
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptySun 25 Dec 2011, 09:26

Bump....

It's wonderful that even just as casual players whenever 4GC jumps into a server we're always ace squad and lead the team in points.

Though we do a great job working together I wanted to bump this because Brian was onto something. I think we can really benefit from practicing different tactics and working with certain kit builds.

I was playing a game yesterday as engineer and carrying my usual RPG. My sniper asked me to switch to javelin because he needed the spot bonuses on SOFLAM.

I was blown away with this combo! I hated the javelin because it takes forever to lock on, plus it does crappy damage. With the SOFLAM added into the picture it now gave an aerial flight path and hit the tanks from the top! Depending on the tanks damage level it was 1 hit kill if it was damaged or 2 hits to kill if tank was full health.
You can now fire from a safer distance plus can also lock onto choppers and jets.

There are so many team tactics that we can develop such as the recent video posted in one of our MW3 pages. I don't remember the author but he did a powerpoint of a map and showed how everyone should advance on that stage.
It was a great video and if we practice tactics like that we'll know who is going to cover which sight lines and we'll know which direction the enemy is coming from.

Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptySun 25 Dec 2011, 12:33

Ya I started to run the SOFLAM instead of my BFF MAV, it really does help out engineers on your squad. And ya I still believe we need to do some practicing because it will really help out especially for using that tactic.
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 08:16

ToRn_One wrote:
my BFF MAV,

I hate that F'in MAV!!!! Shove it up your F'in bumhole!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 09:17

LOL! I named my BFF MAV, his name is now Thump Jr. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 09:37

ToRn_One wrote:

it really sucks they removed the ability to stick c4 on the mav. we could call him the rock em sock em bot!

I'm gonna buy an HDMI capture card for my PC. this way I can record precious moments of Brian hunting people with Thump Jr.
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 09:49

ToRn_One wrote:

It's like a damn mosquito that won't go away!
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 11:20

I need to practise EVERYTHING!
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 12:05

EnglishRose62 wrote:

To be fair to you Mandy, we didn't exactly put you in good games yesterday. The conquest I picked, the other team was mostly COL or above with two clans together. The squad rush was a joke since we couldn't be in a squad together which means we couldn't spawn on each other.

One thing I did notice was you kept running thru the flag zone. It is like domination, you have to be in a certain area for it to count. You will know you are in the "zone" when the little timer thingy pops up in the middle of your screen. If it goes away, you are out of the zone. It is 200 (150 assist) points to neutralize a flag and 250 (200 assist) to cap it. 4 flag caps in a round gets you a ribbon worth 200 points everytime. after 50 ribbons, 10,000 points for the medal.

To defend a flag is even easier. Stand inside the zone mentioned above and shoot peeps. Every time you kill someone, even if they are miles from the zone, you get a defend bonus of 10 points I think. (Also works if you kill them while they are in zone trying to cap flag. Must be your flag and not theirs to get defend.) 5 of those in a round gets a ribbon (200 points) and 50 of those gets a medal. You can have multiple ribbons in a round. Not one and done.

Also, start out as assault or support and drop bags of drugs or ammo. Loads of points there too. I have made up my mind to play med mainly now so I always need ammo. Most peeps in the game won't drop bags. Drop them anywhere really. If you see a group holding down a corner or a flag, drop there. Running between flags, drop there. You can only have 2 med bags out at a time. MEaning if you drop one a flag A, then one at B, then one at C, the A one will go away. First down, first gone. Unless it gets used up by your team. Ammo is 2 (maybe 3) as well. If you follow Rick around when he has his shotgun going, you will get tons of ammo resupplies. Torn always needs new mosquitos. Very Happy Once you get the defib paddles as a med, start reviving folks. 100+ points per revive. 5 in a round gets ribbon, 50 ribbons gets you a medal.

You get points for unlocking things for the weapons. 200 each time you unlock something. Every 10 kills for the first 100 kills gets you an accessory pretty much. 100 kills gets you a service star for that weapon (2,000 points). I am in the process of trying to unlock everything for all the guns I have and then getting to 500 kills to get the dog tag.

Stick with it. It is a different game than blops or MW.

A few squad/team switching pointers:

If you join a fellow 4GC in a game and want to be in their squad (assuming there is room), go to the squad menu and leave your current squad then join the new squad. If you get placed on the opposite team (Hope Torn doesn't have a mosquito up), go to same squad menu and hit switch team on the bottom. Assuming there is room again. Make sure the teams have the same amount of players or the team to are trying to join has less. If you switch, you can't switch back. You only get one switch per server. If you need to switch back, you have to get out and rejoin. (Doesn't mean you will be on same team, but you will get your switch ability back). Example: I join someone and they are on other team. I eventually switch. After an hour, they leave. 2 more 4GC's join and get placed on other team. I can't switch to join them.

Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 12:16

thumper wrote:
EnglishRose62 wrote:

If you follow Rick around when he has his shotgun going, you will get tons of ammo resupplies.

I with I was like that big dude in mad max thunder dome. I need a little man stapped to my back dumping ammo crates Laughing

Thump brought up some good pointers here.....I also 2nd the notion that we put you into a bad room. I cant wait for us to give it a go again.

If we have 8 people on we can take over a SQD rush room and work on training.
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 12:24

Look forward to doing some training with you guys. Only had a few games with some of you so far.

Since it is Tuesday, I'll be on BF3 tonight.
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 12:27

Thumper - thanks for all that - heres a really stupid question - I assumed if the flag icon thing showed red it needed taking, if blue it was already ours - is that true?

I just couldn't shoot anything, I don't remember finding it that hard in BF2, even at close range i missed / died first.

(And careful mentioning dropping bags of drugs - you'll get Inover all excited).
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 12:34

I didn't say butter tho!! Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, if it is blue as you say, it is ours. But blue with the timer moving, means it is getting capped. Also, on your screen you will see boxes in the lower left. 3, 4, or 5 depending on how many flags are on that map. The boxes are in alpha order. So far left is A, next is B.... If they are blue, your team owns them. If they are orange/red, the enemy owns them. If they are flashing, they are getting taken. If they are white, they are neutralized.

Back to the capping timer as I call it. If it is moving clockwise and blue, your team has more peeps in the zone. If it is moving clockwise and orange, they have more. If you are the only on in the zone and the timer stops somewhere and doesn't move, you have company. Find them and kill them before they find you.
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 17:17

... Now that was the battlefield I used to love!

Really enjoyed tonights games, slowed down a bit, took the flags, dropped ammo
and kept off the front line.

Why did I seem to start each game with a different gun, does it just give you latest
one you've earned, any particular 'early' gun I should try and stick with.

Can I not set my clan tag till a certain level?

Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 19:20

Yep, good games last night.

Did you accidently cycle through your classes, thus the appearance of different guns. Its very easy to do. If definitely does not change your class setup automatically. You have to change that.

Clan tag. Think you have to set that up in battlelog. You can't do it in game. Its just free text, soldier stats page or something along those lines. You do not have to belong to the platoon (clan speak in BF3).
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 19:39

GG with you today Rose and don't worry you will get the hang of it shortly. I was horrible when I started don't worry, also I couldn't hear you on the mic also, but next time I will help you learn some basics as well. I will be on BF tonight for anyone still playing on gaming as well Very Happy hope to see some of you.
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyTue 27 Dec 2011, 20:01

yeah rose you need to visit your EA battlelog page to edit your tag. Once on your homepage its under "edit profile"
Back to top Go down

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas EmptyWed 28 Dec 2011, 07:41

Yes ma'am miss new BF member. Please visit the link under my sig for BL. (Don't get to tell her things like this that often Smile )

As for the gun, if you are the US army, you have gun A. If you are the Russian army, you have gun B. Same class set up, just different guns until you unlock the US gun on the Russian side and vise versa.

The M27 (US) and the RPK (RUS) are good starting support guns. If you fancy being a med, the AK-74M (RUS) and the M16A3 (US) are the starters. Once you unlock the M249 on support (you can use on both amries) use that. It is a bitch until you get the grip. After that, you can mow them down. If med, use the F2000 once you unlock it. If you plan on getting the Karkand expansion pack, once you finish the assignment for the FAMAS, use it. FOOKING LOVE THAT GUN!!!! (They plan on ruining nerfing it soon tho).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Ideas   Training Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next