Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

BF3 Tips/Pointers

Go down 
AuthorMessage

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 15:03

Sup peeps. Below are a few pointers on how to score points. I hope to point you in the right direction...

Since I don't want to curse/cuss, I will instert Amy's name for any cuss word I feel like using. You get to play guess Thump's cuss word. Keeps your attention when I ramble about boring AMY.

Classes
Assualt/Med - Drop the AMY out of your med bags. Just keep dropping them. If there is a group of guys holding a corner or flag, drop, drop, drop. Running through a building? Drop one of those mother AMYS.

Once you get the defibrilator thingy, use it. I haven't been able to kill anybody with it yet. You could in BF2. Like in Metro, there is always a massive fight around the center flag. Stay back with your AMYing defib thingy hanging out and shock the AMYing dead guys. You don't have to go prone to do it. You can do a "drive-by shock". Run to them, shock the AMY out of them, run the AMY away.

Engineer - I found the repair tool useless. I have yet to get repair points. I die more then I repair. Wait 'til you get the mines. LOVE THOSE MOTHER AMYs!! Drop those bad boys on the road leading to a flag. Put them in a tight grouping. Drop, 2 step, drop, 2 step, drop. Or closer. I put them straight across the road. I have seen peeps put them in a line down the center. They will hit one of mine going across. BOOM MOTHER AMY!!! When you get to level 11, you get the EOD vest which doubles your rocket and mine capacity. You get to mine two AMY locations then.
Edit to above: I know use the repair tool. If you are the gunner, you can hop out while the driver kills.

Keep the RPG or SMAW rockets. The air defense rockets suck AMY. So does the javelin. Takes too long to lock and does about the same damage as a regular rocket.

Support - Drop the AMY out of your ammo. Free points. See Assault/Med about med packs. Same AMYing thing.

Recon - Drop the AMYing spawn beacon. Points when someone spawns on it. Plus, when you die, you don't have to run 5 AMYing miles to get back. Be sure to place the beacon again. Like the tac-insert in Blops, it goes away when you respawn. But if you stay alive, the squad can spawn on it 1,000,000 times. (Assuming they are smart enough to realize what it is.)

Thump's tip: Small maps I play as med or support. Large maps I play as engineer.

General Game Play
All of the above give you points. When a squad mate does/uses the above you get a few extra points. Stay alive, if a squady spawns on you, you get points. This also assumes they are smart enough to do this.

If you have 3 support classes in you squad, be something else. Like a med. The chances of you getting ammo points decreases since you would have 4 of you doing it. Plus, they need drugs. Drop the AMYing bags.

Spotting - When ever you see and guy/plane/tank/heli....spot that AMY. Aim down sights, hit the select button. That puts a callout on whatever it is. If someone kills the dude, you get 10 points. 20 if a squady kills him. Spot before you shoot. Especially if it is a long shot. CQB, just shoot the mother AMY.

If you are the squad leader, assign objectives. It's the same as spotting. ADS, point at flag or whatever, double tap select. You will see "compass points" around the objective. If a squady kills someone in that imaginary zone, you get points. If they cap the flag, you get AMYing points.

The same is reversed if you are in the squad. You get points for following orders.

Land Vehicles
You have to unlock the goodies.

Smoke - worthless. 9 out 10 times I hit the wrong button and can't see a AMYing thing.
Coaxial LMG - Turret mounted machine gun good for mowing down infantry. Use this 'til you get the Coaxial HMG
Autoloader - USE THIS AMYing THING!!! Shorter reload time
Zoom Optics - Use this. I was on Damavand Peak. I sat (camped) half way down the road between our spawn and flag. Zoomed into tunnel and mowed everything down. Nobody touched me.
Maintenance - Tried it. It took away my autoload or zoom. I think autoload. It doesn't repair fast enough to give up autoload.
Coaxial HMG - 50 cal turret mounted meat pulverizer. 'Nough said.
Prozimity Scanner - Sucks AMY. Again it takes away the autoload or zoom.
Guided shell - This takes the place of the turret mounted machine gun. Not really worth it. By the time it gets a lock and fires, the enemy has put two shells in you.
Thermal optics - Great for Tehran Highway.
That's as far as I have gotten on tanks.

Don't have any pointers for anything that flies.

Last edited by thumper on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:05; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 15:10

something else to keep in mind is that when you switch classes, if you have anything on the ground, they stay there for a while, or until destroyed. Set up the spawn point as a scout, then after you die, switch out to engineer and drop mines, after you die again, hold off as support until your mines are gone and repeat.

I wouldn't suggest this tactic too much with a co-op squad, but if you find yourself working alone, it's a good tactic to rack up points by playing the board.

Also, find the sweet spots for the radio beacon. There is going to be at least one or two locations on each map that will almost guarentee you 4 or 5 spawns off them before they are destroyed. I've found two spots, one on metro and another on the canal, where they have stayed up the whole map multiple times.

cheers!
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 17:31

A good read Thump.

Hey I have a question. I realize that you can customize your US load outs via the My Soldier -> Customize menu. But what about the RU side etc. The only way Ive found a way to customize those load outs is before you spawn in game and before respawning after death.

It would be nice if you could customize these weapons from the main menu as well.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 19:08

Nicely done! And a little comedy at Amy's expense as well...lol (j/k...we love you Amy Wink ) I'm sure these will come in handy for me as I am still trying to figure out the game. I like TacFifty's question....How do you set up RU side other than when you are about to spawn. I hate taking all that time out of the game to fix up my classes. I would rather have them all set up before I spawn in.
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 19:21

You should be able to set up any weapon from my soldier you just have to scroll until your on the weapon you want. It will have small lock to the left of the progress bar if you havent unlocked that weapon. Its also the same set-up for the upgrades. Hope that helped. Oh, and what does everyone think of the IRNV scope (infrared). I was hooked on them when I got a 149m HS with a m16
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyThu 03 Nov 2011, 07:33

You can't set up the RU side from the main menu. They suck for that. But, once you have new guns unlocked, like I use the SCAR-H on my engineer class, you use it on both sides after you set it up.

As for the IRNV scope...ran out of ammo yesterday and picked up a gun with it on there. LOVED IT!! use it day and night.
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 10:53

Bump!
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 11:40

Good tips. My own tip get into the habit of aiming for the head, you get the 100 for the kill and an extra 10? for the headshot get 5 in a match get an accuracy ribbon.
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 11:42

Vortex58 wrote:
Good tips. My own tip get into the habit of aiming for the head, you get the 100 for the kill and an extra 10? for the headshot get 5 in a match get an accuracy ribbon.

I just spray and hope the recoil gets me a headshot LMAO
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyTue 10 Jan 2012, 11:44

Vortex58 wrote:

That's good too but I usually aim for the chest and let the recoil "walk" the bullets to the head. This works great for the AKS-74u and M16A3. Those guns get me more head than the rest....(door wide open again)
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 07:16

Any one who wants some tips there is enough on you tube. I found the Last stand gamer with alot of tips about weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LastStandGamers?feature=mhee

I haven't see al yet, but seemed interessting. Wink
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 20:16

Thanks for the link lighthouse! Now I'll have something to do when I get bored of reading on campus.
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptySun 15 Jan 2012, 22:40

thumper wrote:
Those guns get me more head than the rest....(door wide open again)

sorry I missed this open door.........................

but I disagree with you cause I always kiss my biceps during a blumpkin
Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers EmptyMon 16 Jan 2012, 08:13

rarjr wrote:
blumpkin

Strike 3 yet Mandy?!?!??? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Tips/Pointers   BF3 Tips/Pointers Empty

Back to top Go down

BF3 Tips/Pointers
Page 1 of 1