Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Tank Tips/Tactics

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Tank Tips/Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Tank Tips/Tactics   Tank Tips/Tactics EmptyWed 01 Feb 2012, 10:20

If you didn't already know I'm a super duper tank whore. I wanted to let you guys know (those who don't ride with me regularly) a few tricks you may or may not know.

1) Different setups are better for different maps. My usual setup (when playing with someone who has CITV station unlocked) is Guided Shells, Thermal, and Reactive Armor. However, if I am tanking solo I replace Guided with Canister Shells. The reason for this is to take out infantry. You can shoot a canister then instantly shoot a shell. FTW Infantry. IMO maps like Siene Crossing (with no air support). Guided shells are a waste.

2) If your battling another tank you want to have the front end of your tank facing them as much as possible as it is the strongest. The weakest is the back and the sides are weaker than the front but not as weak as the back.

3) Tired of getting C4'd from the back? Have a support guy throw a couple claymores on the back of your tank. Guy comes up to C4 you and boom. Claymore to the face. I'll throw a claymore or two in an empty jeep once in a while just for fun. Yes you can put claymores on vehicles!

4) Make sure either you are an engineer or your gunner is (this is common sense). It's pretty easy to do your own repairs if your in a long distance battle as long as you move to a safe position before repairing. Your goal is to eliminate the enemy before you decide to do your own repairs.

5) They are not made for close quarters combat. Try to keep your tank in unconfined areas as much as possible. Operation Firestorm and Kharg Island around the containers, anywhere on Siene Crossing, or inside the buildings on Operation Firestorm can be insta C4 death for a tank.

6) Running reactive armor? Guess what I bet you didn't know! You can repair your reactive armor too! after the tank is 100% repaired hop back in to see which side the reactive armor is damaged on. Go to the side of the tank where the armor has been blown off and spend an extra few seconds with a torch on that side after your at 100%. Armor fixed.

7) Maintenance, proximity scan and thermal camo work from any seat of the tank. (supposedly, I haven't been able to confirm this)

Tank Damage Chart:
- RPG to front of tank 22% damage
- RPG to side of tank 45 degree angle 22% damage
- RPG to side of tank straight on 32-36% damage
- RPG to back of tank 45 degree angle 36% damage
- RPG to back of tank 50-61% damage

- Tank shell to front of tank 24% damage
- Tank shell to side of tank 34% damage
- Tank shell to back of tank 58% damage

- Infantry TOW Launcher to front 34% damage
- Infantry TOW Launcher to side 49% damage
- Infantry TOW Launcher to back 51% damage

- C4 to side of tank 45-50% damage
- c4 to back of tank 45-50% damage

- Landmines 45-50% damage

- Engineer Torch to the rear does 12.5 damage per second

- Hand Grenade 0% damage don't waste your grenades

NOTE:
Keep in mind if the enemy tank has reactive armor the first shot does 0 damage if you hit it on the sides or rear

I will add more to this as I think of things so check back often. I hope it helps!
Back to top Go down

Tank Tips/Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Tips/Tactics   Tank Tips/Tactics EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 12:41

Thanx this is very helpfull!!!
Back to top Go down

Tank Tips/Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Tips/Tactics   Tank Tips/Tactics EmptyThu 02 Feb 2012, 13:20

brawnkoh wrote:
If you didn't already know I'm a super duper tank whore. I wanted to let you guys know (those who don't ride with me regularly) a few tricks you may or may not know.

1) Different setups are better for different maps. My usual setup (when playing with someone who has CITV station unlocked) is Guided Shells, Thermal, and Reactive Armor. However, if I am tanking solo I replace Guided with Canister Shells. The reason for this is to take out infantry. You can shoot a canister then instantly shoot a shell. FTW Infantry. IMO maps like Siene Crossing (with no air support). Guided shells are a waste.

Guided Shells, Thermal, and Reactive Armor are the way i go. Especially since you can have 2 people with thermal. The CITV station has zoomed in thermal so long range which is awesome. if going solo i personally use the hmg because it is good for picking people off.

Also if you didnt know, the citv makes it able for you to laser designate any vehicle to shoot the canister shell at it. This includes jets, helis, mav, and mortar stations. Also, the CITV has a better sighs than the tank so you can shoot other tanks from farther away.

brawnkoh wrote:
3) Tired of getting C4'd from the back? Have a support guy throw a couple claymores on the back of your tank. Guy comes up to C4 you and boom. Claymore to the face. I'll throw a claymore or two in an empty jeep once in a while just for fun. Yes you can put claymores on vehicles!

another HUGE thing with this is when the tank & the gunner are looking the same way. If you are in front of a hallway (like in seine crossing) the tank doesn't need an extra gunner shooting at the same hallway as much as a lookout making sure they dont blow up. I recently had a double kill from just turning around just to check the backside.

brawnkoh wrote:
4) Make sure either you are an engineer or your gunner is (this is common sense). It's pretty easy to do your own repairs if your in a long distance battle as long as you move to a safe position before repairing. Your goal is to eliminate the enemy before you decide to do your own repairs.

the best combo i believe would be an with is a repair engineer obviously, an assaut in case the engineer dies repairing, and either a sniper for soflam/ radio beacon, a support with c4, or another engineer with mines.

brawnkoh wrote:
7) Maintenance, proximity scan and thermal camo work from any seat of the tank. (supposedly, I haven't been able to confirm this)

when my buddy and i play, he uses proximity scan as the gunner and i drive and it seems to work so maybe only one person needs it

Another thing, if you are shooting at an enemy tank and they abandon it, dont blow it up!!!! if you kill all of them and get the tank, it wont respawn on their side until it gets blown up. if there are only 2 tanks in a map, then our team gets both of them.
Back to top Go down

Tank Tips/Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Tips/Tactics   Tank Tips/Tactics EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 01:37

Yea 9 times out of 10 i run with thermal, reload and hmg, as said hmg is perfect for mowing down people ( the rest of the time i replace the hmg with guided round if i have some one i know with citv spotting, fun as shit on nashir canals russian side just utterly destroying anything that flies and seeing them dot he flare dance, cant flare out of that)

HOWEVER there is something you both missed, reactive armor or not if you take a tank round to the treads you will be disabled, no matter if you have 100 health or 20 health, normal armor and reactive armor only cover the top half of the treads, the bottoms and back are however fully exposed. Work on the disable then run circles around it while blasting it as it will be unable to move much giving you more time to get behind it to really put it down ( keep in mind its on fire for extra damage over time too)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tank Tips/Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Tips/Tactics   Tank Tips/Tactics Empty

Back to top Go down

Tank Tips/Tactics
Page 1 of 1