Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Dear Tank Gunner

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 09:46

***Stolen from BF3 Forums***

pls dnt shoot at a heli flying 300m above the ground. it is irritating and does nothing but tell the pilot "hey im right here , pls give me a rocket enema".

pls dnt shoot randomly when im trying to flank a tank frm behind. i cant stress enuf how damaging that is to both of us.

pls look at a direction other than where im looking so watch out for rpgs and c4 bombers.

pls watch out the road for mines and shoot/spot at the road to warn me if u see one.

pls spot engineers before shooting at them.

if ur an engineer , pls look behind and then get down. then pls repair instead of trying to destroy the tank im engaging with ur smaw.

if ur not an engineer pls dnt steal my tank when im repairing it.

if i get down to repair my tank when im still engaging an enemy tank , u have complete right to switch to the cannon and blow that tank instead of shooting at it with ur machine gun(surprisingly in this case they never switch to the driver seat). in that case i wont mind to be ur gunner even after u have destroyed that tank.

Back to top Go down

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 10:28

ha ha! I can't help but feel like this is directed at me......
Back to top Go down

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 10:35

No..not at all. I saw it on the BF forums and loved it. I have gotten in a tank as gunner and started blasting things with the gun too.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 11:01

jlcrew446 wrote:
ha ha! I can't help but feel like this is directed at me......

Ditto...lol
Back to top Go down

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 11:53

lol! lol! lol!

So True

Great find
Back to top Go down

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 14:52

sadly enough he has a point waaaaaay to many people hop in the gunner spot and do that seriously, just dont. unless you have been spotted or are firing your tank is not on radar. if you hop in that top gun your job is shooting infantry and light skinned vehicles. You can always tell a good gunner from a bad one, the good one is constantly spinning around looking for targets. If we get c4'd then the top gunner has failed. The second most annoying thing that he brings up is if the main gunner gets out of the tank to repair he is inviting you to hop into the main seat to drop what ever is shooting at you DO NOT sit there plugging the enemy tank with your machine gun, no matter how long you try you can not hurt it. Now if you are an engineer in the top gun as stated get out, get behind the tank and repair staying with a good tank driver or good top gunner can very easily get you to the top of the boards.

The only point i disagree with that post on thump is that the gunner should be spotting mines. Say you have one of the above mentioned people in your top turret that shoots every thing that leaves you screwed, if you as the driver run either thermal or zoom optics there is no reason you should be running over mines at all. Personally i run thermals and 98% of the time i drive with them on, no matter the light in your face or darkness you will be able to see mines c4 vehicles and people clearer then day.

If you happen to be friends with the person you are with its even better you can customize your loadouts to be the most badass tank you can possible have. the main driver dont really matter on class but to speed repairs engineer is cool top gunner engineer for mid fight repairs but with driver having thermal and what ever secondary wep ( personally i love rolling the hmg mows down people) and auto loader. If you can get a person with proxy scan in the top gun thats an engineer thats an amazing team, I have gone many a level in a tank with a gunner, both of us 0 deaths and a crap ton of points and 9 times out of 10 mvp and mvp2
Back to top Go down

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 15:14

I agree with the spotting mines thing. That is the drivers job. I run thermal all the time. I have autoloader with the shotgun shells. The shells take out infantry pretty good most of the time. Plus, they do a little damage to IFV's. So I fire that while the main shell reloads.
Back to top Go down

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner EmptyThu 08 Dec 2011, 14:24

but the canister rounds as you said do little the hmg does damage and its constant, i fire the big gun flip to the hmg take shots till i hear the main gun reload and keep doing it for ifvs and remember the most important thing when firing the main gun, location location location and location, where you hit matters the most armor is on the front so the further back you can hit the better, it only takes 2 rounds to the back end of a tank to bring it down, if you're havin trouble getting behind one take a shot at the treads of the tank you'll go for the disable leaving them very slow to turn. The other thing I have been having fun with recently has been running with a close friend of mine that uses the guided shell and me with the ctv station nothing is more funny then knowing in your now dead enemys kill cam is you in a tank when you were flying say a jet or chopper. And I aint positive but i am pretty positive the guided shell witht he assistance of a soflam or ctv lock is immune to flares. and not to mention when used on ground vehicles the round flips to top down attack for even more damage the a rear end shot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dear Tank Gunner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Tank Gunner   Dear Tank Gunner Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Tank Gunner
Page 1 of 1