Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

BF3 thoughts/help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

BF3 thoughts/help Empty
PostSubject: BF3 thoughts/help   BF3 thoughts/help EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:22

Just had my first session of BF3 and I'm looking for a little help. This is the first game in this series that I have played so I'm a little overwhelmed with how different it is compared to the COD series.

First of all the game seems like it has a much slower pace. It also seems like its not a good idea to run around and look for kills. It seems like more of a game where you take a position and hold it and make slow progress through the map with your teamates.

Keep in mind that I have only played the TDM Game Mode so far.

A couple things I am struggling with....

Controls- Is it possible to either switch the controls on BF3 to COD default or swith COD to BF3 default? I want the same controls on both games.

Are there any killstreaks?

I am having a hard time seeing in the game. It is especially hard for me to recognize the enemy. I'm going to adjust the contrast to see what this does.

Any help from you guys would be a big help especially in the area of big differences between the two series and how you adjust your gameplay to be successful in BF3
Back to top Go down

BF3 thoughts/help Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 thoughts/help   BF3 thoughts/help EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:50

the control's can't be switched to mirror CoD. for w/e they have locked aiming and shooting to L1 and R1. There are no kill streaks as you progress tho u will unlock more guns and equipment. I have also had some sucess with taking my time. Turnd the senseitivity down b/c the gus have such realistic recoile. As far as not seeing the enemy well u very well may not been able to see them. if theres nothing above their head or a red bar shoot it.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

BF3 thoughts/help Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 thoughts/help   BF3 thoughts/help EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 13:14

Battlefield is a different game all together. It will just take some getting used to it. One thing I'll mention about the button layout is that if you can change your layout in COD to match BF then you'll be much better off in the long run. I use the tactical button layout in COD and it mirrors the BF button layout.
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

BF3 thoughts/help Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 thoughts/help   BF3 thoughts/help EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 14:02

I'm assuming BF3 is the same as BF2 here - i would start with the objectives games not TDM - very similar to capture the flag or headquarters.

Get used to 'spotting' - the 'select' button - just point in the general direction of where the enemy are and when you 'spot' you'll see lots of little red triangles appear which you can then shoot at. Get used to keeping out of the action until you get used to it - earn points by droppng ammo for your team mates or first aid kits.

Practise driving the tanks - or join other players in their tank and just kill from the safety of the tank - making sure you jump out in good time if its being destroyed.

If in a squad try and stay alive if the others die so they can spawn onto you.

Back to top Go down

BF3 thoughts/help Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 thoughts/help   BF3 thoughts/help EmptyTue 25 Oct 2011, 18:17

Thanks for the help everyone!! Keep them coming. I had a nice session with DUB and B-Rock today and did a little better. I am blown away by this game so far. Every aspect of the game has so much freedom. I am really looking forward to getting a bunch of us on!!!!
Back to top Go down

BF3 thoughts/help Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 thoughts/help   BF3 thoughts/help EmptyWed 26 Oct 2011, 08:31

I did not like this game in the beta stage......but I kept giving it a go with B-rock and dub and it took a few games to get the gun movement and the LARGE!!! playing field down. I played last nite and only had 2 games were died more than I killed an we won all but 2 games ..keep at it it will get fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BF3 thoughts/help Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 thoughts/help   BF3 thoughts/help Empty

Back to top Go down

BF3 thoughts/help
Page 1 of 1