Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) Empty
PostSubject: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 14:40

Hello fellow US/CAN PS3 division gamers. We are going to have our second combat trainging session tomorrow (Tuesday Aug 16th) @ 9pm EST. I unfortunatley won't be able to be there for sharp 9pm EST start time so I would like to ask one of my captains, Banshee1971 or Knighcold, to host a lobby for everyone to join.

As this is our second combat training session and I am not the best BlOps player in the world I want to ask for suggestions for things to work on a s a team. Maps strategies or things that we need to work on as a team. I encourage anyone to bring some suggestions to the table.

As you may know, it is a goal of mine to get a US/CAN vs. UK/EU friendly competition going. My intesion with the combat training is to work on all our flaws as a team, become a strong entity and furthermore kick some butt!!

Again....please bring forward suggestion for some things we can work together. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers!

PS...Please note in the PS3 Event Calander that I have scheduled combat training nights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This consists of a not only combat trainig but we'll end the night teaming up with each other in some multiplayer gaming.

US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) Shady_10
US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) Pbucket

Last edited by Iron_Shady on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 17:56; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 16:35

Count me in, I dont want to miss any of these however I will only be able to play a little more than an hour or so due the time I will have to get up Wednesday morning for work.

I learned alot about myself on our first one and figured out how bad I am at calling basically anything out(sorry pysklops!). I guess I am too used to playing alone and with my mic off so I wouldnt have to hear all the whining from 10 year olds that shouldnt be playing it anyway, thats the biggest reason I wanted to join this clan. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Banshee1971
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Banshee1971

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 18:52

Hello all!! unfortunatly my wife comes home from vaca, and i will be spending some time with her. Hopefully i will be able to get on for a bit.!!!
Back to top Go down
knightcold
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
knightcold

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 20:21

I should be on around that time hope fully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 23:33

Sucks, I am working tomorrow night. There is a possibility I may be able to make it Thursday. A co-worker is having folks over to celebrate her birthday, then we are hitting the bars. So we shall see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 04:19

im gunna try my darndest to be there and practice and get to know a few of you folks. i guess ill check back here before 6 pac time so someone can tell me how to get into the private lobby(im a super noob)
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 13:57

Hey gang,

In the interest of choosing something to work on for tonights combat training, I have chosen a couple of maps that we can play on, learn all the jumps, spots and call outs and figure out how we can control the map when playing against other teams in multiplayer. Below are a couple of youtube videos to look at that might be old news for most but not for all. I have also included the images of the map call outs. Have a look and refresh your memory on the jumps, spots and call outs for these two maps.

Grid

Jumps & Spots - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEaZGG0God0

More Jumps & Spots & Tactics - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcdkriuFF00

Call Outs
Grid

[img]US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) 21dmk2h[/img]

Firing Range

Firing Range Jumps & Spots - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRdsPXu2bVk
Firing Range Nade Spots - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRPe6tvMxZE
Call Outs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5qZMX5zhrs

Firing Range

US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) FiringRange

Grid and Firing Range are two maps that I would like to start out with being they are more common maps that we would play in multiplayer. We'll continue to cover more maps as we do other combat training sessions.

I look forward to getting this going with all you find folks!!

Cheeers!

Back to top Go down
knightcold
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
knightcold

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 18:25

Very nice. time to do some studying lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyWed 17 Aug 2011, 06:14

How funny, TG is the one clan I have been a part of before. Did not like it at all. Now seeing this I guess they're doing something right; "helping" us. Thanks Shady! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyWed 17 Aug 2011, 07:27

Zuiperd wrote:
How funny, TG is the one clan I have been a part of before. Did not like it at all. Now seeing this I guess they're doing something right; "helping" us. Thanks Shady! Very Happy

No problem Zuiy! I'm glad you find this information useful.

Last night I was a little late getting online and although there were a bunch of us online (5 or 6 at times) we didn't end up doing the combat training I had scheduled. My bad...I apologize everyone Embarassed Instead we jumped into some pub matches and did very well for ourselves. I think we only lost on or two games all night. Nice job guys...you know who you are.

What I would like to do is go over Tuesday's maps on Thursday. I'll be putting together similar posts with videos and call outs and any other helpful information regarding other maps as we go along. I'll try and have the post created in advance so everyone has the opportunity to see it before we hit the battlefield.

If anyone has any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyWed 17 Aug 2011, 10:03

Would one of the EU captains like to do this too? It would be really helpful for the team.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 07:53

Bump!! Reminder about combat training tonight. Have a look back through these post and you'll find my post with some videos and maps with call outs. Have a look through these as these will be the two maps we'll be working on.

I look forward to seeing you all there @ 9pm EST. Find and join the lobby of myself PSN: Iron_Shady, Banshee1971 or knightcold.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: i have a few thoughts   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 16:49

swo while we are doing the map dominating i can have this page up with the maps i have alll the other maps saved on my computer aswell so i can read the map and we can try diffrent areas of taking control

see you guys later tonight
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 18:41

How did this go???????

Any issues / questions please PM Pro_Vantage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 19:40

still a few mins before it happens but we will see
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 10:20

I wanted to post a quick message saying thank you to everyone that joined the combat training session. Banshee, kightcold, Thedubanat0r, Doc_K67, rikomon11, Inovermyed, Ryandrthal77, Warparty and Bristow11. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoy gaming with you all. I have saved a groundwar domination game in my fileshare (Slot 1) with all 9 of us in the same lobby. I wouldn't say we destroyed the enemy but we sure beat up on them pretty good!! It'll be a great video to use as gameplay by the US/CAN PS3 Division.

The next combat training is scheduled for this coming Tuesday (Aug 23rd) I look forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 11:53

i will try my nest to be there sorry i missed you guys last night the whole timezone thing messes me up sometimes but i will deff be on next time
Back to top Go down
knightcold
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
knightcold

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 17:24

ill have to check it out. Was someone gonna edit it and make a montage for us then? Also did we decide if we were going to do training on tuesdays or do like a tdm tuesday and dom thursday kinda thing? I saw joker was contacting another clan to get some clan matches hopefully. If thats the case practice is prolly needed lol.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyFri 19 Aug 2011, 19:29

I sent Viper a PM asking him to put something together for us. He's on it! Thanks Viper!!

I would really like to get this combat training going. More as practice for everyone. It seems our intension are great but we never really seem to work on anything. I guess we are always working on getting to know each others playing style and learning the call outs. But as far as actual "training" goes, we have yet to put something solid together.

I am going to ask for everyone's suggestions as to what we would like to create for a weekly schedule. I think that combat training is important if we are going to work together as one unit so we'll keep that scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday. I also think that it would be great to have a TDM and a DOM night. Are there preferred nights that we can schedule a TDM night and a DOM night?

I really appreciate everyone's efforts with getting our division up and running. I would soon like to schedule a EU/UK vs. US/CAN game night as a friendly inter clan competition (for bragging rights..lol). I can just imagine the videos that would come out of that! lol.

I look forward to everyone's input. I want to make this fun and enjoyable as well as educational.

Cheers!!

PS...please note that I won't be able to attend any event that is held on a Wednesday. Wednesday is my date night with my wife. One of those compremises that us married folk have to deal with...lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptySat 20 Aug 2011, 07:39

What might be a nice idea to get the map call-outs down;
Do a private match so only 4GC is there. Then somebody who knows the map inside-out will "tour" the whole group around, telling all the call-outs. Then one volunteer does the same thing. Advantages: the whole group gets to see and hear everything twice, while one gets some on-the-spot practice (peer pressure). The rest of the group can help whenever needed.

After that just play a small TDM, while one person per team is the "captain" sending other members via call-outs.
It sounds tedious, but it sure does help getting to know the maps! (in theory anyway)

Let me know what you think. Obviously this should work on Xbox as well!
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptySat 20 Aug 2011, 08:22

LMAO - I'm picturing a scene something like the London coach tours, 'and or your left is the back-of-the-house, most famous for Zuip getting stuck in its window, and on your right ....'

With a lobby full of gamers wandering around after the 'tour guide' - oh, yes please, lets do it ...

On a serious note I'll remember something I've seen/heard so much better than looking at the pictures.

Any issues / questions please PM Pro_Vantage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 02:45

IMHO there is no experience, more valuable than actual in game experience. The main thing to know is call out and some basic strategy... then just listen to your team mates making call outs, make your own call outs, and do your best. That is the best formula. And then play a good bit. To me, Combat training doesn't do alot of good. Go into Private match, make sure you know call outs. Then go hit the public lobbies.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 10:56

Hey gang,

This is a reminder that there is a combat training session tomorrow (August 23rd @ 9pm EST) I have read through some of the suggestions (thank you to all the made a post) and I like what has been said. In my opinion doing this combat training in a private lobby is the best way to get about it and of course it has been the way that we have been doing it. I think that learning all the call outs is probably the most important part of our training session outside of learning how to set ourselves up to control the map.

Map Control Question: Do you think that it would be a good idea to to break up the map in sections and have each team member patrol and area? Almost like a zone defense. And when a team mate is down the member(s) covering the zone(s) next to the open area keeps an eye on that as well as sort of a back up until the owner of said zone is back on D? It's just a though and am not sure how it would work out totally. I think it is a good idea in theory. Ultimately communication is still a huge factor in knowing where the enemy is so you know which way to be looking. Calling yourself "down" is also important so that you know where an enemy could be coming from and who needs help with coverage.

Thoughts??

First off tomorrow night I would like to try what Zuiy had mentioned in an earlier post and "tour" a bunch of maps and learn what the call outs are. Then again, put someone on the spot as a tour guide and go over it again. Repeatition is the best method to learn all of these spots. Most of you learn the same way as I do by doing it, not looking at it. I think this would be beneficial for us.

On another note, we also need to learn where we want to trap the enemy in each map. If we can force the enemy to spawn in a certain spot on the map and then cover all the joke points then there really isn't any reason why we shouldn't be able to dominate them.

More thoughts??

Like I've said before, I am not the best player and am learning as well. I need all of your help to acheive these goals. We can do it!! I have faith!! We have a great team and can only get better. We just need some focus.

Also through this post I want to ER and LH to start looking at dates/times where we can schdule an in-clan match...US/CAN vs. EU/UK. We have more then enough gamers now to get something going. If we have more then 6 then we'll just sub people in and out. This would be a lot of fun and would make for a great video!!

I hope to see you all tomorrow night!!

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 14:50

I plan on being in this, I still have huge issues with call outs and I also think one of the hardest things to do from last time is to find your partner after getting killed and spawning from somewhere on the other side of the map.

I think I spent more time in figuring out where he was at instead of playing the match, all in all it was a good learning experience for me and I look forward to getting better and growing with the clan.

I strive to serve the clan well and be the best team mate I can be so I need all the training I can get to be past simply playing with 5 other random players . I think a lot of it is mental and just remembering I am playing on a team and with a team instead of alone. Once I can get comfortable with this I think time will only make me a more rounded clan member. I look forward to getting in some training tomorrow, happy gaming!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 16:31

I want to be in these trainers as much as possible, but my time zone (PST) usually prevents it. I have a wife and child and they occupy most of my time. That being said Thursday's work great for me after about 10 EST, so I will miss a bit but join in later. I am on most days here and there but not consistently enough to recommend any other times, and will do my best to join in.

Thanks,
Ryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)   US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6) Empty

Back to top Go down

US/CAN PS3 Division Combat Training (Sept 6)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next