Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

EU/UK Server renewals

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

EU/UK Server renewals Empty
PostSubject: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 09:05

Trying to guage where the EU/UK contingent want to go with Servers. There are currently 3 (mine, congs and gaypandaas, Congs own and Lees (Lpiddi).

If we work this through there is a way of Having a number of serverss and sharing costs. Those who have them can you let me know if you will be renewing them regardless.

Those who want to contribute to them let me know - Bigsteve, Lucky and Rosies have already exppressed interest in contributing.

I will gather info and feedback to Rosie and management team. I would suggest 3/4 peeps per server cost would be around £10 - £15 per three months.

Let me know your thoughts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 09:31

Hi Tim my 30 day trial is coming up and looking back at the usage the server looks always busy so I'm looking to renew it soon. I agree 15 a person for 3 months admin rights that way we can guarantee the servers to run
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 12:06

This would be independant of the clan - 4GC can't get itself officially involved - so many things can go wrong !!

I am definate for contributing to help renew one of the servers though. Easiest way of getting it past the husband is to pop some cash in an envelope and post it to someone Smile Accepting the risk that it may be lost money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 15:04

Cash in an envelope works for our Members of parliament
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 17:56

i recomend any payments through paypal as if annything goes wrong you can make a claim and its very easy to make a payment throuugh paypal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 17:58

I never worked with paypal. Can you just use a creditcard and pay using paypal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 18:05

setting up a paypal account is easy but don't let your children find out your password!!!!!!!

Link it to a credit card and it is so easy to then transfer money to someone else, but paypal take a cut, I'm not sure how much ?

@Tim - LOL, if its good enough for our MPs then its good enough for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 18:13

yep paypal take a cut only on the recieving end but its free to send money
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 03:09

EnglishRose wrote:
setting up a paypal account is easy but don't let your children find out your password!!!!!!!

Link it to a credit card and it is so easy to then transfer money to someone else, but paypal take a cut, I'm not sure how much ?

@Tim - LOL, if its good enough for our MPs then its good enough for me.

Plus it shows up on a bank statement - end troll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 04:29

Bump
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: There is means and ways.    EU/UK Server renewals EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 05:19

Ok guys I know someone who keeps pigeons if this helps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptySun 17 Jun 2012, 06:09

i can only contribute to the eu/uk server at the moment as i am getting very tight for cash just let me know when the next payment is due
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 05:27

My server is about to expire. Not to sure if i should pay towards the other servers or renew. My server is mostly empty when i get online but fills up fast when i join it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 05:41

At this point I think 1 EU server might be sufficient since we are all playing together on the same server when we're online anyway.

The admins can decide what maps to run since they are the ones paying for it.
We have some volunteers so I think the costs would be very low if we focus on 1 server only?

Just my thoughts, please let me have yours as well Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 05:55

Rosie - independant of clan but associated too (is that OK)

Lee - if your server is immenant I would suggest let it fold and join in with another.

All - begining to look like 3 servers is not really sustainable, shaping up like best bet is 2 servers - mixing old a new maps and Rush CQ (TBA).

I will give the thread a few more days to run and put some proposals together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 18 Jun 2012, 07:12

I do put in recruitment posts that 'we' have servers and I love that they have 4GC on the front page and advertise us, and I know they will be operated to the high standards we would expect. But, for legal-butt-covering reasons I always need to re-state that we do not own them - associated with is good Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 04:26

OK all here is what I propose;

We have two servers - both titled the same = 4GC EU/UK associated server (1 or 2), intro = No spawn camping or glitching or you will be kicked, you may be moved to balance the game or make room for clan members - have fun - check us out at www.clan4gc.com.

We set up servers for three month cycles (max allowed) We have six contributers initially who can drop out for new contributers if they wish every three months cycle, contribution will be £16 every three months

All those that contribute will be given admin rights to both servers, server owners be responsible for talking to other admins re map rotations and games set up etc.

There are two ways of doing this 1. keep congs server and Brewins server two from the remaining four join and make arrangements to contribute with cong and myself. (if this is ok with cong) or

2. all send contributions to myself and I set up both servers.

Contributers initially to be Me, cong, rosie, lucky, lee, bigsteve, (Shy and Gaypandaa in reserve both have offered but they are not working so I am uneasy about this).

Thoughts??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Servers    EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 04:57

Let me know when pal. And miss gaming with yer been off for 2 days due to cant get on for some strange reason it keeps coming can't connect to ea and then tells me to F*#%K off in that way lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 05:01

Happy to chip in £16 when needed/if anyone is unable to/doesn't want to.

PS: Don't want admin rights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 07:43

If needed for the next cycle I am willing to chip in or be reserve.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 09:16

I'll help if you need anyone else. Just DM me if you do Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 09:22

Hi guys I have set my server on the 3 basic maps and at the moment over the last month thesrver seems a massive hit with everyone and is mostly busy everyday I m looking to keep it on the same rotation but just needs more admins as I'm not the server much, I have found it to keep it on the same rotation as it's a favourite to the majority of bf3 players and I've noticed we have alot of repeat gamers who use the server. We need one fixed and one flexible for the clan , Tim what do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Cong    EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 09:29

Well I'm always up for it cong like I said I'm willing to contribute no worries there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 09:35

cong wrote:
Hi guys I have set my server on the 3 basic maps and at the moment over the last month thesrver seems a massive hit with everyone and is mostly busy everyday I m looking to keep it on the same rotation but just needs more admins as I'm not the server much, I have found it to keep it on the same rotation as it's a favourite to the majority of bf3 players and I've noticed we have alot of repeat gamers who use the server. We need one fixed and one flexible for the clan , Tim what do you think?

Every time I’m online Cong air battle maps are always full and also play the server alot. I think maybe 3 server at least. 1 - New maps 2 - random game modes - 3 conquest maps (i.e. Cong air battles server)

I am more than happy to buy a server myself or chip in to all 3 servers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 09:50

I discussed the servers with Satan this weekend and we both think it might be a good idea to combine EU and US/CA servers.

What do you guys / girls think about the lagging when playing on US servers?
I've seen a lot of US players playing on UK servers lately and I've played my share of games on US servers so I guess there are no big lag issues?

Combining the servers (remove EU and US from description) might concentrate all 4GC players in the same game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals Empty

Back to top Go down

EU/UK Server renewals
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next