Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

EU/UK Server renewals

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Servers    EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 10:21

Sounds good Patrick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 10:27

Iam willing to throw some money on Congs server but i would like to see another map or two e.g. Gulf of Oman a great Air battle map i think a four or five map cycle would be perfect and maybe increases the ticket size to 500 then it would be a perfect server for air battles

Happy shooting & takedowns

pommie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 10:28

I don't see any lag, thought I was seeing it a while back but that was most likely related to server upgrades.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 14:28

Will take your comments on board shy but I haven't changed the maps because it would stop people from getting on the servers and not every has the karkand maps I think one of main reasons my server is always full is because it's just the basic maps I was playing on Tim's server and I think it works the way it is now as he had changed it to the other conquest maps which I don't use and now it's alot busier. Now people would want a smaller rotation I feel like a big ground war I'll use mine and if like a small close quarter battle. I would now go on Tim's server
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012, 07:29

Tim think we should go for the 3 server option mine yourself and 1 for the new maps which we can use for our team fun games it should cover all our usage then we need to draw up some server admin rules about banning and kicking players map changes etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: EU/UK Server renewals Today at 2:29 pm   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012, 09:30

Cong Two servers would be plenty your server running air battles Tim server could do abit of everything e.g. new maps & fun night and the server can be changed at any time iam sure tim would change his server with plenty of notice.

Let say there is some people want to play squad rush or domination on the new maps then tim server could be changed for that and just keep yours for air battles i think personally this would work better and the servers would be full most of the time i have looked a few times in the past the bottom three servers have been empty most of the time

I've just done a search for 4gc server @ 14.46

4GC UK/EU AIR BATTLE CONQUEST SERVER 24/24
4GC CQ 200% TICKET US SERVER 0/24
4GC EU/UK SERVER 0/24
4GC SQUAD RUSH 0/8

As you can clearly see we don't need anymore servers we should use this servers
that we have at the moment at the end of the day we want this servers to be full
all the time and not empty for the person that paying for the server wants it to be full too otherwise its dead money and other thing is as well the people that contributing to this servers it would cost the people less money and it would more easier to the man the servers e.g. spawn camping & hijacking vehicles & unfair play
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2012, 09:58

Right, sorry I'm a bit late to this but here's my two pence.

If we're only running the basic maps on the 4GC servers then I would like there to be a third that runs either just new maps or a mixture of old and new. Or like Lee suggested a conquest only server. I get bored quite easily so just playing the basic maps all the time gets on my nerves.

I would be happy to bung someone some cash if needs be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 07:28

Looks like we may need 3 servers as we are getting larger and gaining more players mayneed a few more servers to cover all usage. Tim I'm gonna pm u some suggestions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 08:25

OK I will answer some supplemental questions raised in these posts then do a seperate post in response of discussions to date;

Lagging - months ago many of the EU/UK players noticed lag on US servers (lower ping rate) this was not rubber banding but more by way of extended kill times ie where half a clip killed it now took a full clip sometimes more. its a bit more subtle than frame glitch etc. Thats why such a growth in EU servers. personally I play whereever there are 4gc playing the game mode/map I like to play. For example I dislike TDM and rarely play it wherever the server is.

The setting up of and naming of servers was not meant to devide the clan/platoon just offer choice we will take account of names in the future and understand how this could be seen. Yes we will liaise with US server owners when we know what we are doing so there is consistancy across the clan/platoon

Rosie/management points - yes it is great that these servers are on offer but have asked us to be clear they are not official 4gc servers thats why we need to introduce the words associated to 4gc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 09:10

OK here is where we are at following some discussions, drawing on the majority of opinion;

We may not necessarily need three servers but want them to offer choice and flexibility, whether they are empty at times is not relevant to that.

So we are looking to go for three servers with three main admin people as follows

Cong – titled 4GC associated server “air wars” (this will be mostly as set)

Lee - titled 4GC associated server “new maps” (this will be mostly new maps)

Brewin - titled 4GC associated server “mixed maps” (this will be mixed maps- fun games - practice- KOTH).

Each server will have the following message “No spawn camping or glitching or you may be kicked/banned - you may be kicked or moved to balance the game or make room for a clan member – have fun – check us out at www.clan4gc.com”

Each server to have three contributors main admin + two others (TBA), we will try to take up maximum three months cycles for rent at £16 each per three months so people can drop in and out of contribution as they see fit and liaise with main admin). (note these need to be arranged through PMs)

All contributors will get admin rights to all servers. All contributors will liaise to draw up ground rules for kicking and banning and liaise to discuss map rotations etc.

Of those that have offered to contribute I would suggest the following match up.

Cong – Patrick & sizzle

Lee (lppiddi) – Wint & lighthouse

Brewin – Big Steve, Rosie (yes brown envelope fine)

Make arrangement between yourselves but cong, me and Lee all have Paypal accounts

Reserves rcrawshaw (rob), Gaypandaa (Mike) and Shy (paul) as reserves

Once we have sorted this I will talk to US server owners about how we compliment each others servers and practices and talk to satan about whether management would allow us a server section in the bF3 post section

How does that sound??

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 10:09

I'd just like to say a huge thanx to those who pay for and admin the servers cheers

As for running new and old maps on the same server would that not cause problems as the Close Quarter maps only 16 player so swapping over from an old 24 player map would mean losing 8 players each time a close quarter map is rotated.

Just a thought guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 10:23

Sid - we would not mix close quarters with other maps as you are right about the amount of players. What we mean by one server running new maps would be all Kirkand or all close quaters (or the next new DLC). Mixing Kirkand, BF3 and close quarter maps is a problem (not aeveryone has all of them and it tends to crash a lot). So we may mix and change mode but within the same map pack (hope that makes sense)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Server    EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 11:02

Right I'll tell yer were I am I'm quite new to the clan but I'm willing to contribute like I've said if it keeps the clan going and helps expand then it's a good investment so let me know what the crack is please and as for been an admin does that involve paperwork and typewriters and filing shit in filing cabinets lol
Anyway IM IN
LOVE
CPL BIGSTEVE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 11:15

I'm happy with that. I'll bung Lee some cash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 12:40

sooooo, if I understand, Tim - I send you some money - I can pay you on paypal if you PM me the necessary account I pay to and to confirm I send you £16.

Now as Founder/legal owner of the 4GC forum I do feel the need to put down the usual caveats:

If you pay someone money for a server and they leave and ban you - you've lost your money, I am not liable.

If you don't like how the server is being used and paid towards it - tough, the 'owner' has final say, not me, not 4GC, you've lost your money.

If you send money and the owner claims they didn't receive it - tough, you've lost your money.

I AM NOT LIABLE - 4GC IS NOT LIABLE.

And .... paying towards a server which carries the 4GC name does not mean you will get promoted, or that management will side with you in the event of a dispute, or anything else. We are grateful that these servers carry the 4GC name, we are grateful to those that organise / pay for these servers, but it is voluntary and will not earn management favour Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Server    EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 13:17

DAMM Rosie I was hoping for a captains position or well maybe next year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 13:25

bigsteve1972 wrote:

You can't buy your way in here buddy Very Happy
Thanks for the offer though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 13:31

bigsteve1972 wrote:

LOL

You;ve just made Corporal - Jeez no patience!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: He he he    EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 13:33

It was worth ago though remember Shy kids get no sweets
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 13:34

luckywolfert wrote:
You can't buy your way in here buddy
You can't? Shocked

So that 4GC Company Car that I have is being paid for out my own pocket then??? affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Huh   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 13:36

Bloody company cars nobody told me about that one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 13:54

bigsteve1972 wrote:
Bloody company cars nobody told me about that one

Yeah..here's Zui's:

EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 2451442870_4d4e4bfd3b

/end troll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mmm   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 14:19

Yeah that will do does it come with a fuel card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 04:25

Brewin - Mate, would you be interested in sticking all the standard maps into the rush rotation for your server? I'm not after the new maps but I don't see why your only running the 4 maps at present. If you have a theory that's fine and as you're the one paying for it I have no control, nor do I want any. I just thought we might as well have as many different standard maps as the game will allow. If you're just not including maps you don't like then that's fair enough! Just thought I'd raise the query anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 04:58

Wint - there is no plan or logic to what map rotations I put in I just avoid CQ on Kharg, Caspian etc cos thats what is on congs server. last week I did run rush on those maps though for some differance and it was quite successful.

This week I have put bf3 maps, cq, on the smaller maps ie seine, bazaar,metro cos its double points week and they are high points maps.

If I remember right Brocks US server runs rush on all bf3 maps, but once we get a bit more organisaed the server admins can talk and mix it a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU/UK Server renewals   EU/UK Server renewals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU/UK Server renewals
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next