Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

BF3 Squad Formation

Go down 
AuthorMessage

BF3 Squad Formation Empty
PostSubject: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 01:20

I was curious would it be possible to take part in setting up squad groups for BF3. This would of course involve training and tactics for all maps and for all styles of playing. I have been gaming with Rarjr and Fahk quite a bit and we have been dominating in our games even if our team loses we are usually always Ace Squad. Of course atm I have no mic, and I won't have one till after christmas, but even though we don't talk we all know how to work as a unit and it is awesome.

I don't know what they think, but, I think we have been doing a great job as a unit. I would like to get others involved and set up in teamwork tactics that way we can be prepared once we get more BF3 players.

I would also like to search for a server that we can use as a clan server almost and just have members save it as a favorite so we can use for training and other stuff.

I would appreciate some input of what you all think about this. Smile Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 07:29

I like the idea and will always encourage team play. Send Thumper a message about your thoughts and discuss what kind of future outcome you would like to see (keep big picture in mind) He is your Captain. I would certainly help you guys with anything that you need but I would like some sort of plan presented so I know what is going on.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 07:36

Thumbs up to that Bryan, I would love to get a squad put together.

Let's get Thump involved and get it rolling!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 08:39

Alright, I will set up some plans today for it and get some sort of schedule set up along with guides and ideas for squads. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 09:37

This would be great to get going.

A few things that might be an issue. As of yesterday, I tried to join an empty server. It wouldn't let me. A week or so ago, I tried to join an empty server with 3 other 4GC's. It wouldn't let me. I don't see what the problem is with letting peeps start a server. They fill up fast anyways.

As far as using the same server over and over again, see above. What if it is empty?

I have my settings set to all 3 US server locations and haven't noticed a difference in any of them.

I did notice there was an option to search for unranked servers too. I have not tried that (to my knowledge) so if you get a chance to, let me know if we can start one of those. That would be the only way to walk around and discuss tactics.

As for game types, who plays what? I am a conquest whore so I have a good knowledge of those maps and tactics. I played a little squad rush Sunday and loved it. No vehicles, 2 four-man teams. If you win you get ace squad. Good chance of getting an MVP ribbon. I got lucky and joined a group of three friends. We tore that other team up for 7 maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 09:48

Ok cool, I will check out the server issue and see if I can figure anything out. I will let you know anything I find out. I mostly play Conquest myself I love it lol I play Rush when I feel like just running through people Smile

EDIT----------------------------------------

I just joined an empty server on BF3 Ranked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 09:57

ToRn_One wrote:
EDIT----------------------------------------

I just joined an empty server on BF3 Ranked

Sweet. Did it let you move around? Or do you need x amount of peeps? Try unranked if you can. If we start a ranked, it may fill up and then we can't walk around freely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 10:03

No I needed someone on the other team so I could start. Unranked has no servers lol I couldn't find any.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 07:44

Hi,

Good idea, I'd be up for this. Unless its a crazy time GMT, if I know there is a plan to meet up I'd be up for it. For the record I play both conquest and rush and I'll play anything including squad rush.

Think it's a real shame that you can't have 5+ people get together before joining a game. I get the logic of breaking people into squads of 4 when you join but it would help if you could meet in a lobby beforehand.

Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 08:18

Kosluk wrote:
Hi,

Good idea, I'd be up for this. Unless its a crazy time GMT, if I know there is a plan to meet up I'd be up for it. For the record I play both conquest and rush and I'll play anything including squad rush.

Think it's a real shame that you can't have 5+ people get together before joining a game. I get the logic of breaking people into squads of 4 when you join but it would help if you could meet in a lobby beforehand.

With the team chat option, that kind of solves the issue of being on different squads and not being able to communicate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 08:27

Iron_Shady wrote:
With the team chat option, that kind of solves the issue of being on different squads and not being able to communicate.

What sucks is that like last night, the 5th person can't spawn on us. If we have 6, we should form 2 squads. We can lock them so no other random joins in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 10:39

I love the way this sounds. I'll be playing BF3 more and would love to be able get some games in with you guys. Please keep me updated on this. Also if some of you guys don't have me as a friend on psn please add me jlcrew446. Invite me even if I am in MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 13:01

I sent Thumper this message and thought I would share it with you all about the Squads. Please let me know what you all think and any ideas please share them this isn't solid this is just a simple draft of what we could do.

This is a simplified version:

Squad information for 4GC BF3 Division-- Training, Tactics, Communication, Movement, Squad Setup.

When we start running some training programs and get some schedules up we will be covering a lot of areas. Training will consist of all those areas plus anything else we decide to add.

-------------------------------Training------------------------------------------------
Training - Will cover how to setup you squads to make it balanced and even depending on you team and what type of game you decide to play.

When setting up squads anyone will be able to join anybodys squad at anytime, I don't think we will have set squads but that is up to you all.

You squads will also use the Master list to see who is good at what and add them to your squad if you need them. Of course that is if they are online. This will help for faster squad setups and also people that play certain classes will already be prepared for what you need.

--------Tactics------------

With this members will learn how to move together and how to cover each other and how to call targets during game play.

This type of training will help any level of player understand how to move and take a flag or position and hold it against the other team.

With this training everyone will get the same style of game play so when others join their squads everyone knows what to do without having people running around being a 1 man squad.

------Movement/Communication--------

Basically this will show members how they should move from one area to the next, in doing this they will learn how to call targets as they move.

After the move they will also learn to take positions fast

Another big area is the communication you don't need 4 members yelling into the mic. (I have seen this happen, while playing with other people outside of this clan. Sounded like a bunch of monkeys fight over a banana.)

Everyone is allowed to talk and we are all mature so I don't see this as being a problem. But never hurts to practice on calls during matches. Also not only squad leaders can talk anybody in the team can call targets or call areas to attack.

---------Squad Setup------------

This will help show members how to setup teams and keep a balance team.

For example: Bad team - 4 Snipers who suck yet they think they are good.(Snipers are good yet most snipers just camp a spot.)

Good Team - 1 Assualt/Medic , 1 Support, 2 any other(Engineer, Recon, Assualt, Support)

We will show members how to setup quick and easy and move through maps with no problem at all.

------------

If we did decide to do this, we will be finding 1-3 servers to add to our Favorites list.

We will be using these servers as training areas and also for some fun in clan matches just for fun.

Once it is all done I'm sure a lot of members will know how to game with one another. This will also show new members how organized we are and be easy for them to just jump in and join us in game.

Any level of player can learn anything we teach them but we must all be willing to help train new members and others who need help.

------------

Please leave comments about this --- Good or Bad ---

Leave Ideas --- Open for anything - changes, add ons

Hope you guys like this idea and again Thank You. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 13:11

ToRn_One wrote:
I sent Thumper this message...

Where? I don't have a PM. Please resend. Thank you.

***Edit***
What is your mic status? I need to get you vouched for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 13:20

Ya I thought I sent it but I can't find it in my message inbox -_- so I might have to redo it lol. Also I won't get a mic till christmas I accidently saw it when fiancee was cleaning our bedroom lol. So honestly I think it will be after christmas Sad I want to be a full member but trust me I understand. Sorry Thumper but I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 13:54

Thumbs up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 14:00

ToRn_One wrote:
Ya I thought I sent it but I can't find it in my message inbox...

Did you look in the sent or outboxes? Or even saved?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 16:07

sounds like a plan and a half. good work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyThu 08 Dec 2011, 14:48

I can definitely run with the assualt kit for the squads. just got the medical service medal and my 2nd service star for the AEK. I usually am on at weird times, but thats because i work 3rd shift. I am hoping to have at least one day this weekend off for playing all day so keep on the lookout for another all day gaming type event
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation EmptyThu 08 Dec 2011, 14:53

We need to get you vouched for. I think the wife works this weekend.

Also, please visit the new platoon on BL. Link below my sig.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Squad Formation   BF3 Squad Formation Empty

Back to top Go down

BF3 Squad Formation
Page 1 of 1