Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Aftermath - Opinions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Aftermath - Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 04:58

4 quick games of scavenger saw me unlock the Xbow last night, more luck than judgement but didnt have time to play longer, then a few games this morning playing CQ just to get a feel for the new maps and as far as I can tell this early I think I am going to be playing these new maps for quite a while before I go back to the older maps.

Couldnt find the Crossbow at first but then realised it shows under Gadgets so ie. an Engineer can select it in preference to a SMAW or Stinger etc really want to unlock the explosive bolts as they look the business Very Happy

All new map packs take a bit of getting used to and this one is no exception as they do seem quite large with lots of alleys and rubble everywhere but I'm going to have some fun doing it.

See you in the new maps soon cheers

Be interested to hear others initial thoughts about the new pack, love it? hate it? or indifferent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 05:40

i think they went in the right direction on these maps. i think they look a lot better color wise. also a lot of line of sights. the only thing i dont like is all the dark corners people keep laying in and the fact that people can put there body half way in the walls still. Evil or Very Mad have to say i love the crossbow so far. wish we would of got more than just one new gun but what can you do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 06:36

completely forgot it was coming out....

Glad i logged in today.
Guess I better download it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 06:41

pac6man wrote:
i think they went in the right direction on these maps. i think they look a lot better color wise. also a lot of line of sights. the only thing i dont like is all the dark corners people keep laying in and the fact that people can put there body half way in the walls still. Evil or Very Mad have to say i love the crossbow so far. wish we would of got more than just one new gun but what can you do.

Agreed, the new maps are boss, however you need your head on a swivel because there are alot of hiding spots.

Scavenger is cool concept however I found that my pistol skills are lack luster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 12:06

Opinions/Observations about Aftermath/Patch.

Aftermath- Awesome maps echoing everyone else I think they hit the mark with the scale of the maps but still creating that CQB encounter. I love that there are about 4-5 ways to each objective during CQ or Rush. I think flanking is the name of the game on these new maps. I noticed a lot of funnel of fire effects going on down some of the main straights and I was able to go on a squad wipe or more kill streak by flanking down a side street or through a building. The Xbow is along the same lines as using the Dfib or Repair Torch, its better than the failing knife animations and has a place just not as a primary. I'll be curious to see how the explosive bolts carry over to op metro and other cqb maps. I also like the new Skins for the characters. pretty cool, except for the guy wearing a beanie in Iran. That made me laugh. Scavenger was awesome. I feel that's more what I was looking for in Gun Master. I noticed a lot of camping weapons near or on objectives. Not sure why that was, maybe it was just the servers I got on but we'll see how it develops.

Patch- I noticed a ton of people trying all the guns they patched seemed like The Type 88 LMG and the M16A3 were the go to guns. The M5K is now a CQC only gun. Any medium to Long shots are out of the question. Saw a few LSATS but didn't seem like they were beasting much. As far as input lag goes I got nothing as far as one way or another. I noticed that it seems a lot more frequently that my rounds hit and yeild the first kill, but at the same time I noticed a hand full of rounds where it seemed like I was on the other side of that coin, so I'm really unsure of what if anything got fixed. The 130 is, well the 130. I played one AK map and DJKills was in the 130 and said FLIR was gone. That's about all I got. I'm hoping that it did take away a little bit of the "Hand of God" effect it had on infantry without making it a death trap when you spawn in it. You have to have some kind of advantage. Especially if you gain air supremacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 13:27

Well racer hit it right on the money the maps are new and fun and will take some time to get use to. There are a lot of campers in the new maps but I pretty much expected that. Overall I think I will get plenty of enjoyment out of these new maps and mode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 18:17

As the others have said i like the new maps. Played scavenger a bit & unlocked the crossbow. Going to give CQ maps a go later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 18:20

Love the maps I tend to camp a bit so suits me - hate scavenger mode.

Love the Xbow - but not keen on the rifle scopes, cannot wait to unlock explosive heads, but in the long term would I trade Xbow for other gadgets , probably not, i like my claymores, c4, m320 etc more. Would have preferred Xbow to have been part of trading a pistol or gadget 1 slot.

at moment feels like Close Quarters outdoor version - Time will tell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012, 22:54

I'm enjoying the new maps alot favorite dlc so far...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 07:44

Nice will be taking a look and downloading the packs tonite if my misses let me lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 08:22

babybrewin wrote:
Love the maps I tend to camp a bit so suits me - hate scavenger mode.

Love the Xbow - but not keen on the rifle scopes, cannot wait to unlock explosive heads, but in the long term would I trade Xbow for other gadgets , probably not, i like my claymores, c4, m320 etc more. Would have preferred Xbow to have been part of trading a pistol or gadget 1 slot.

at moment feels like Close Quarters outdoor version - Time will tell

agreed they shouldve made it instead of a pistol.

other than that im enjoying the new maps Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 13:45

IMO XBow is cool but some what of a waste. The only real good use I've found for it is running Assault/Recon with HE Bolts. I find this as a general BF3 thing, Not just AM. I think the HE bolts bring a little something to the table for those times when you're on maps and you need to harass a vehicle into leaving the objective. It does not do the same damage as a SMAW/Javelin, but it at least can provide enough harassment to get a vehicle to leave so you can get good pick ups on downed teammates and possibly capture an objective. It also leaves no "hey look at me!!!" smoke trail for the opposition to follow back. The splash is pretty much non existent on the explosion tho so for multiple guys the primary is the go to tool.

Extra note place c4 on a tank and shoot it by lobbing in an HE bolt from a fair distance and get the "Homemade Javelin" Trophy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 15:06

I like the new maps so far. the xbow is one of the most rewarding kills to get imo.the new skins are badass, too bad they wont carry over to the rest of the maps. I noticed i had to stop relying on reloading in scavenger mode, ammo runs out quick. it seems easier to hang out around weapons, unload a clip into enemies, then grab scavenge weapon. its faster to pick up a weapon than to reload.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 15:55

I Like them all they are sweet thats all i can say about them.. bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptyFri 30 Nov 2012, 15:58

from what little i've played, i'm really enjoying the new maps and game mode. bf3 just got fun again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions EmptySun 02 Dec 2012, 08:50

Fornicator wrote:
it seems easier to hang out around weapons, unload a clip into enemies, then grab scavenge weapon. its faster to pick up a weapon than to reload.

Good tactic and one I picked up on especially if the weapon is situated in a good spot. A lot of weapons only seem to come with 20 odd rounds so its not good to be too far from another pick up.

I havent played enough to 'know' were the drops are yet, but that will come Im sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath - Opinions   Aftermath - Opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermath - Opinions
Page 1 of 1