Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... Empty
PostSubject: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 14:19

As the title says, do I go for it or not. I'm hoping that I will be in the position to have the choice after a few games tonight. I know a lot of people that have stck on level 50 and chosen not to, but what is your opinion?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 14:29

If you fancy them golden guns, you got your work cut out. I was having the same dilemma as you have, but I choose to start the next prestige. Mainly because I am goal driven. Not advancing mean that the XP's go to waste and you do not move forward in the game.

That said there's no right or wrong. It is really what you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 15:13

I did it on MW2, but I have found that I havn't played Blops nearly as much for some reason. I will most likely go with it just so I have the sense of achievement Cool
Back to top Go down
Banshee1971
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Banshee1971

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 15:15

I was going to stay at my current prestige......but yes gold guns got me itchin lol so here i go again!!! prestige #5 startin tomorrow!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 15:31

I am torn whether or not to prestige. I have been at level 50 for aso long with no intention of prestiging and just working on my pro perks. I think I am going to stick to my guns (pardon the pun) and not prestige. I'd never make it to 14th or 15th prestige and earn some gold guns so I'll just stay where I am and not lose all my pro perks that I worked so hard to earn.
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 15:32

You've got to, at least once, I pressed the button 3 times .. the last was the last time for me, too painful for someone who isn't on enough to get the pros back quickly, but i'm proud of my 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 15:51

I say no. Only time I have was on cod4 and that's because it was something new to me.
I put in a lot of time and sacrificed my ratios for some of the pro perks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 15:57

NO!!! both my accounts are level 5o and Im definetely not going on prestige, too much hard work to lose everything. Prestige only gives u new emblems, gold camo and new player cards thingys, so I really dont see what the big deal is. You lose everything just for that? nahhh maybe if prestige would give u different guns or something yea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 17:51

You know me dazza, I'm a no on this one! And for all the reasons that all the other "no" people have put! Maybe if the rewards were bigger for doing it like new guns, then I would! But I really can't be bothered to sacrifice all my hard work unlocking everything! Just the thought of having to play capture the flag again to unlock marathon pro gives me nightmares!

Or maybe it's cos i'm lazy Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 19:30

Am I the only one saying yes? lol

I could never stay at 1st prestige. I'd feel cheated.

My aim was to go all the way, take the good with the bad and get to the end. It's a long, hard slog, especially when you only play TDM although recently I have played a few games of domination.

My aim now I'm there is to open everything up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 20:38

A bit late in the day to be prestiging Darren. But if you're nearly at level 50 with only a few perks to pro then go for it. You get an extra weapon/class slot if you do. Very Happy

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 20:43

smashy66 wrote:
You know me dazza, I'm a no on this one! And for all the reasons that all the other "no" people have put! Maybe if the rewards were bigger for doing it like new guns, then I would! But I really can't be bothered to sacrifice all my hard work unlocking everything! Just the thought of having to play capture the flag again to unlock marathon pro gives me nightmares!

Or maybe it's cos i'm lazy Twisted Evil

Smashy mate with the amount of time you have put into the game you would have been around the 13th/14th prestige by now, with all 10 class slots open. Very Happy

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
knightcold
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
knightcold

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 21:48

I had to prestige. I dont know why lol. I have to get 15 now im almost 14 one more wont hurt lol. Prolly after i do that ill start on mw2 and get my last 2 levels there also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 10:24

[/quote]

Smashy mate with the amount of time you have put into the game you would have been around the 13th/14th prestige by now, with all 10 class slots open. Very Happy

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil [/quote]

Yeah you're right mate, i'm being lazy Twisted Evil but in my defence black ops has been me learning my trade as it were! i was bad, really bad when i had mw, and mw2 it was only after i got black ops i started learning from other people and putting the hours in to improve, and up my standard.

Come mw3, expect me to prestige cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 12:32

I can't even remember what I was on MW2. i do know I wasn't all that good, although I was very good at getting headshots. In fact inover used to call me headshot Maz lol

I have definitely improved since playing Black Ops, but I have put a lot of time into it. My aim is to improve every week. So far I am doing. My k/d goes up every week and my overall k/d goes up by 0.01 every week now. It doesn't sound much but to me it is fabulous!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyTue 02 Aug 2011, 12:49

LadyHazard wrote:
I can't even remember what I was on MW2. i do know I wasn't all that good, although I was very good at getting headshots. In fact inover used to call me headshot Maz lol

I have definitely improved since playing Black Ops, but I have put a lot of time into it. My aim is to improve every week. So far I am doing. My k/d goes up every week and my overall k/d goes up by 0.01 every week now. It doesn't sound much but to me it is fabulous!

You sound very similar to me lady,i've never been a big one for stats but do look at them just out of interest. I know on mw 2 I had way more deaths than kills, and the same for when I started playing black ops. (thousands more deaths than kills) it was only when I really started to learn how to improve and focus on where I was going wrong that I noticed my kills started to catch up with my deaths and about a week ago I went positive and it's still improving! I guess that's no coincidence!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 03:20

I can assure you that my k/d ratio will never be positive, I can count on one hand the number of games where I have finished up in the black as it were. As long as I get a satisfying headshot in or take out some respawn camper then I'm happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 03:31

I've kind of realised now that I will never get to gold camo before MW3 so I think I will now stick at the current prestige (8 I think).

When I played a lot on my own, I only really used Ghost Pro, SOH Pro and Hacker Pro and I can unlock these pro-perks by level 25 after prestiging so pretty much in one evening. My favourite guns are the Enfield and Galil so prestiging is no problem really.

Now though that I play more team based games with 4GC like capture the flag it was a real pain getting stuff like lightweight pro, marathon pro and steady aim pro. The 2 knife kills in 5 seconds was a particular problem especially as i play tactical set up. Now I have them I am reluctant to let them go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 04:06

Gonch, when I started playing Black Ops my ratio was something like 0.47. Since buying the game I have played nearly every single day and my all time ratio has trebled. What I'm trying to say is the more you play a game the better you get.

As for not prestiging, I know you lose everything and have to start from scratch but don't you think this is what makes you better? When prestiging you have to be more aware and hang back a bit in order to get the guns/perks/equipment you want.

Having to stay at a particular prestige, for me, would have made me bored of the game way before now. It's the excitement of gaining all those things over and over again that keeps me interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 03:54

I couldn't agree more, I have found that I am playing a lot more now that I have Prestiged and as I am off work at the moment I intend to throw a few more hours at it over the next couple of days. If I can just tear myself away from Sky News that is Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 14:36

i prestiged only the once , i find its too much hassle to start all over again ............ and if if you like the look of those cold guns do what i do ........... kill the person and nick it !!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 14:44

MasterLlew wrote:
I've kind of realised now that I will never get to gold camo before MW3 so I think I will now stick at the current prestige (8 I think).

When I played a lot on my own, I only really used Ghost Pro, SOH Pro and Hacker Pro and I can unlock these pro-perks by level 25 after prestiging so pretty much in one evening. My favourite guns are the Enfield and Galil so prestiging is no problem really.

Now though that I play more team based games with 4GC like capture the flag it was a real pain getting stuff like lightweight pro, marathon pro and steady aim pro. The 2 knife kills in 5 seconds was a particular problem especially as i play tactical set up. Now I have them I am reluctant to let them go

Oopsy, I take all the above back, I prestiged again and am really gonna try to get the gold camo before MW3. I still play now and again on MW2 so I guess when 3 comes out I might have the odd game of BLOPS. Wish me luck lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...   To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas... Empty

Back to top Go down

To Prestige, or not. One of life's great dilemmas...
Page 1 of 1