Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Thinking about getting bf3

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thinking about getting bf3 Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 16:28

I was thinking about getting bf3 but know literally nothing about it!! Is there much of a differance from mw3? Is it worth getting now or will there be a sequel out soon? Is it hard to make the switch? And for the guys who have both games, which do you prefer?

Thanks in advance guys
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 16:38

Brendan.

Have a look at the recent posts in this area: the guys who have just started playing it, and I think you'll see most are loving it.

For me it is miles better than MW3, many will just say it is different and you can enjoy both. I find it difficult to go back to MW3 now as it just doesn't have the depth that BF has.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 18:35

i agree with rosie.. bf3 in my opinion is miles better than mw3, i used to love mw3 before playing bf3... it does take a bit of time to get used to, as mw3 is more of a run around, spray and pray game.. where as bf3 is much more tactical... chances are once you start playing bf3, mw3 will soon look like a kids game Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 19:16

HUGE difference from CoD, only 1 of 3 or 4 DLCs out so far so there's still plenty of time to play it before a new one comes out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 23:35

I'll make a video on this subject later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 01:04

wolfkeen wrote:
I'll make a video on this subject later

Thanks mate this would be a help, as i said i know nothing about bf3!!

I've just been getting tired of mw3 lately, i'm slowly achieving all my goals in the game( i've got most of my titles and emblems, i'm finally getting close to a positive k/d and have even got to the top of our koth ladder) so its just not appealing to me as much as it was and i feel like i need a change

Hopefully bf3 will be the way to go, thanks to everyone for the input
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 02:29

As a recent MW3 convert I can only really echo what everyone else is saying. My only regret is not switching sooner. Like a couple have said, there is so much more depth to BF3. There is no quick scoping or 20ft 1 hit knife kills. One thing I would say is, if memory serves me correct you don't often play with a mic? You definitely want to on BF3 as teamwork is vital.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 03:02

brendan this topic bothers me.
You think about this but just do it !! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 03:11

I owned a copy of BF3 since day 1.
I have put my copy in the PS a few days ago.
I have seen how much money it would cost me to get this game going again.
I have put my copy of BF3 back in the box.

I remember one thing from the few weeks I played BF3 :
Running for 5 minutes before you get into the action and then getting shot by a camping sniper, respawning, running for 5 minutes ...

Two different games. You can win a game without firing a single shot.

Have a great day, Baldy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 03:26

I love you Baldy but I have to disagree.

1. The 4GC EU/UK server doesn't have the DLC enabled so it won't cost anything to game with us on there.

2. Yes the maps are a lot bigger but you can spawn on your team mates, set up a spawn beacon, spawn on a captured flag or hop into a vehicle to get you right back into the action. And if you play with 4GC we use our comms and teamwork to take down any particularly pesky snipers! Plus once you play a bit and learn the maps it takes half the time to get around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 03:53

Hi Joe, good to hear your voice,

I'll put my copy in the machine on wednesday. Convince me.
See you (by the way, I miss your animals).

Baldy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 03:58

I would be more than happy to my Flemish friend! I'll be on from about 5.30pm - 10pm UK time. Once I see you online I'll get you into my squad and we can set about bringing you over to the "dark side"!!

I look forward to it! And I'll make sure I have some barnyard noises ready for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 09:22

On tonight see you there guys won't be able to stay on for long, we will get you in tank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyTue 01 May 2012, 15:14

Buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it...

Awesome game you won't regret it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 02:52

A buddy of mine just bought bf3 for $20USD so the price point is awesome.
I've played all the MW/COD titles and imho battlefield >> MW. I'm sure you can ask some of the fellow clanmates who are now trying out BF3. a lot more variety in terms of roles and playstyle. one thing that MW has over BF is the numerous game modes. i do miss FFA. CTF would be pretty fun too in BF.

Def worth a try tho. and we got plenty of guys/gals to party up with! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyThu 10 May 2012, 11:13

Well i finally bit the bullet and bought a copy!!

Now all i need is someone to show me the ropes, any takers? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyThu 10 May 2012, 11:15

when ya gonna be on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyThu 10 May 2012, 11:26

Brendan be sure to add the BF main contacts and apply to our platoon on battlelog at http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391450793696/

That way, you can see who's online. There are BF3 players online most of the time so getting you in game with them shouldn't be a problem. Also, don't worry about lag issues when playing with US players since that's not a big issue in battlefield Laughing

One word of advice : You might want to setup a new PSN for battlefield. My friend list is running full since I play both games on the same account.

Looking forward to see you on the battlefield !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 EmptyThu 10 May 2012, 12:45

Thanks guys, i'll try and join the platoon. Hopefully i'll get a proper chance to get on over the weekend, i want to wait until i have 3-4 hours free togive it a good start.

Looking forward to something new!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting bf3   Thinking about getting bf3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting bf3
Page 1 of 1