Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Vehicles, learning how to drive?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Vehicles, learning how to drive? Empty
PostSubject: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 12:58

Sorry to start asking stupid questions.

I'm trying not to be all COD when i'm on BF3, but to be honest not to a great deal of success.

I keep getting tempted by the big shiney machines, get in them, have a little drive around, die, die some more, then die again.

I havnt been able to link up with some of you guys as i'm on a funny times when i've tried out bf, so not been able to ask.

Whats best to start driving lessons so to speak?

If I play enough of the single player, do all the vehicles come up so i can practice with looking like a tit (i've had a few, noob comments when crashing heli's)

Is the match making less obvious than cod as i never seem to be able to see you guys, again, i'm on at silly times so you might not be there anyway?

Thanks for any help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 13:04

If we are in your friends list, you will be able to see us in BF. On the main menu, hit the start button and it pulls up a list of friends. You can join any of them thru that ASSuming the game isn't full.

As for driving, Stay on the ground first. Drive a tank or IFV. Get the feel for the controls. When you are in there, it pops control tips up on the screen. Plus, peeps will be less likely to get pissy if you screw those up. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 13:11

lol!
thumper wrote:
peeps will be less likely to get pissy if you screw those up. lol

lol! lol! lol! lol!

I'll double check you are all in my lists
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 13:37

screw single player...I learned how to play the game in multiplayer....

and I don't think you are on my PSN list send me an invite
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 13:53

Need to do some deleting from inactive's will have one for the bf crew shortly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 13:54

single player BF3 is a waste of time IMO.

First things first. Don't tank unless you can. Before you have any chance of doing anything in a tank you need the unlocks. Period. Ride gunner, spot, kills foot troops, and cap flags with a good driver and you'll get them in fairly short order. After you get unlocks, drive around with the tank and practice drive by's with the main gun. Figuring out how to turn the turret and fire while not turning the tank is a bitch.

Second. Get in rigs that are on wide open maps. Caspian and Kharg Island are good ones. Take a rig out into the middle of nowhere and do donuts, climb hills, etc. Figure out how to sprint in reverse and ALWAYS sprint in reverse if you need to back up and are taking fire.

Wake island is another good one to figure out the jeeps. Take it to the beach and run laps around the island.

Third. Go to the game browser and load up a game with minimum players to start. You have a better chance of getting a rig and staying alive for a while with less players.

Lastly, I'm not a tanker, I pretend to be. Biggest thing I've learned is that if I'm driving and have a squad mate as a gunner with a torch, NEVER get out of the tank. A good gunner will repair you and keep you alive. I don't know how many times I've killed the repair guy, had the driver jump out, I steal his tank and proceed to pillage the rest of his team. Good times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 14:59

I actually disagree with you there hast. Remember the top gun is no good vs tanks, and the main gun is great for people killing too. There are a few things to learn though before hand. Personally there are a few ways to engage another tank. You can either sit there front faced to it and shoot or if you are good you can shoot and scoot to lower the chance of being hit however you risk exposing a weak spot on your tank and making it harder for you to hit as well. Personally I sit still front faced to the tank

-tanks have more armor in the front, hits taken tot he back sides and treads will hurt more, also note if you take a hit to the treads you will be disabled. Another weak spot few people know about is the top turret, you take the same amount of damage from being hit in the ass as you do being hit in the upper portion of the turret.

- if you are a gunner in a tank do not blindly fire for no reason at all, if the tank isn't spotting and not firing it is hidden on the mini map. Many a time have I had some retard hop in the top gun and fire at nothing giving me away while I am tryin to sneak up on the ass of another tank for the kill. Easier to do it when hidden.

- Not every enemy that runs up to your tank is going to c4 you, learn what each class looks like,. Many a time you can freak a tank driver out of his tank by running up to it to act like you c4d it. he gets out you get in and kill him.

-learn the abilities of the tank, boosted a tank can get up and over many things hills, cars etc, learnt he tank round does have drop, even at great distances that tank round hitting still hurts, a lot, if you can hit at great distances your foe will have a harder time killing you.

- Your main enemies in a vehicle will be rockets to the butt, supports with c4 and aircraft ( atleast untill you get guided shell and some one with ctv station unlocked)

- Set your add-ons to how you play

-last rule, have fun, nothing says fun like a 20 some odd ton monster of kaboom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 15:04

Artef wrote:

That is the valentines card he sent to Mandy!! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 15:13

lmfao! I got yelled at already for approaching bad bad so I cant say what I wanna but uh yea kaboom....... all over .... something.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 15:16

thumper wrote:
Artef wrote:

That is the valentines card he sent to Mandy!! lol

People should use the word Kaboom more often!
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 15:43

Artef wrote:
I actually disagree with you there hast.

Noted, but not substantiated. How so? I was just talking about driving skills...

KABOOM?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 17:40

My one and only tip when it comes to vehicles...

Use thy vehicle, and protect thy vehicle. (Explained further below)

Nothing pisses me off more then when I am playing on a map and my team is not using a vehicle. I don't care how bad ass you think you are, you are not going to win a battle against a tank. (on foot)

Anybody that has a 1:1 KD or better is AT LEAST accurate enough to kill a vehicle-less person when they themselves are in a vehicle.

If you are in a tank and take a hit, get the hell out of dodge. Live to fight another day. No one cares if you die, but don't let the vehicle die. This goes for apc's, helicopters, etc..

Watch out for C4 cars... If that buggy is coming right at you and you miss your one shot to hit him, you may want to bail or try and dodge him. He probably has a very explosive reason for driving right at you.

Below 50% and taking fire? Tank/apc is gone already. Don't try and run, line up one good shot at whatever is ruining your day. You won't get 2 so make it count. Don't go down with the ship either, that ticket counts...

If you have the locking missile thing(you get this after a bit of time in the tank), Fire that first, follow quickly with a main gun. In essentially one hit, you will disable anything (tank/apc). Even if you hit it in the front.

Last tip (if you have read all the stuff before this).
Practice with range as your friend. I have killed many enemy soldiers by using my tank/apc as an artillery piece. The range indicators on the scope DO work. And the shell always drifts to the left
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 18:17

snow8oard101 wrote:
I don't care how bad ass you think you are, you are not going to win a battle against a tank. (on foot)

Yeah, not so much. I've got over 1K in rigs destroyed and I would say that at least 25% of them are from tanks destroyed by SMAW *without help*. Give me the soviet rocket and I wish you well. You will die, or you will get out to repair and I will kill you and take your tank. And if you are relying on your gunner to repair, I'll cap him before I pop you like a high school cheerleader after prom. I win against tanks on foot at least 75% of the time.

Oh. And C4 is for smegheads. I come with a can opener.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 18:23

hastalyk wrote:
snow8oard101 wrote:
I don't care how bad ass you think you are, you are not going to win a battle against a tank. (on foot)

Yeah, not so much. I've got over 1K in rigs destroyed and I would say that at least 25% of them are from tanks destroyed by SMAW *without help*. Give me the soviet rocket and I wish you well. You will die, or you will get out to repair and I will kill you and take your tank. And if you are relying on your gunner to repair, I'll cap him before I pop you like a high school cheerleader after prom. I win against tanks on foot at least 75% of the time.

Oh. And C4 is for smegheads. I come with a can opener.

Although that's a good point, I more so meant if two people of equal skill. For example, If I was in a tank with my main gun and HMG, and you had a SMAW or RPG, I do not have you coming out victorious. Now If I have to focus on more than just you (which is 9 times out of 10 why armor goes down) different story.

This is not a bash on your skill, if you had a tank, I bet more so than not, I would be dead, even with my rpg.

This is a game of odds. Improve them with what you can. I don't see anyone running around with a pistol and being on top of the scoreboard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 18:39

sounds like a challenge to me. I will gladly take your tags after you jump out of your burning pile of scrap metal. I win against tanks because I hunt solo and I don't have jagoffs giving away my position. It's not my fault you go down because you can't handle the medic running around in front of you.

Remember, you can't kill what you can't see. Drop me on the runway of Wake and I'm dead meat, sure. You give me any kind of cover, your thermal sights *might* help, but prolly not. Thermal doesn't see through trees, walls, or the fire of your teammates rig that I just destroyed and am standing behind. More often than not, the only reason I get killed taking on a tank is cause I get sloppy and let the tanker track my smoke trails.

Single most important thing to remember is that you can run tight circles around a disabled tank, as long as you have sprint on, and the tanker can not keep pace in time with the turret.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 18:49

Sounds to me like you battle tanks that do not have an LMG or HMG mount. Plus, I am a girly tank driver and normally stay far away from battle. Thump will attest to that as today I was killing him from 150m (or more) away on Sharqi.

But this is a good point for Bennnym, Don't let the possibility of killing multiple enemy's distract you. If you play smart and don't become disabled, you hold the advantage. If you go into a tight spot, expect to die, to much cover gives advantage to the enemy. Be it 1 RPG guy, or another tank.

And no, it was not a challenge. The 30% accuracy on your USAS-12 tells me exactly the type of player you are. I have nothing against it, but I already know I will come out on top study

Know thy enemy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 19:00

LMG? HMG? Canister shells? Doesn't matter. And feel free to even dress up with that fancy armour crap, it just makes you an even tastier target. The tanks that hold back are my favorite because you are the easiest. By the time you've figured out that it was me close to you and you're done frantically scanning for heli's, you get it right up the tail pipe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 19:10

If I am reading what hastalyk is saying correctly, if he is in a game, you should just not use a vehicle. Or for that matter even bother spawning. If you do, he will kill you.

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 19:12

snow8oard101 wrote:
The 30% accuracy on your USAS-12 tells me exactly the type of player you are. I have nothing against it, but I already know I will come out on top study

And what would that be? That sorta sounds like a personal attack to me.

If you think you're gunna come out on top, come get my tags son. None here have yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 19:17

hastalyk wrote:
snow8oard101 wrote:
The 30% accuracy on your USAS-12 tells me exactly the type of player you are. I have nothing against it, but I already know I will come out on top study

And what would that be? That sorta sounds like a personal attack to me.

If you think you're gunna come out on top, come get my tags son. None here have yet.

This debate started when you were saying if you had an RPG/SMAW and I had a tank, that you would win. I am fine with that challenge.

I am surprised we have not played together, I feel like it would be a fight for the top of the score board. Is it possible to play 1 on 1?

In a sense, yes, that was a play-style attack. But deserving considering the universal agreement of how "cheap" the auto frag combo is. But I followed it with, "I have nothing against it". Meaning it does not particularly bother me as it is not something that cannot be beaten.

I use morters, use armor as mortar's, never play in a squad unless 4GC members are on, and camp like its nobody's business. I am not exactly a role model player. Unless I am on a team with 4GC, I would just assume lose a flag than to die trying to defend it.

As far as coming to get tags, I would just assume put 3 Shells in your back than to sneak up behind you and knife you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 19:24

Rolling Eyes Go back and check your first post. And you're a self admitted camper who can't play without back up? You're starting to make it really hard not to call you boy, son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 20:44

hastalyk wrote:
Rolling Eyes Go back and check your first post. And you're a self admitted camper who can't play without back up? You're starting to make it really hard not to call you boy, son.

You can call me Susie if you want, whatever gets your rocks off lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 01:22

You said don't tank if you cant, how else can you learn. And before last week I was clan top engineer, vehicle disable and destroyer, and tank driver ( replaced by thump on most accounts) I don't care how busted up the tank is if you get out of it i'm stealing it killing you with it then repairing it. That is THE single worst piece of advice to give unless you are positive the next hit will kill you, stay in the tank and fire back. Now if you really wanna be as c4 proof as you can be run proxy scanners. And yea you may hid behind a piece of cover, but remember a few things, you may hide, but the second you fire you are known to the driver, that piece of cover will not protect you. Nor should any one be stupid enough to stay still after taking a hit where they can not see the target. So enough of this biggiotry crap. Every one has their own style of play and for the most part the only way to fail in battlefield is to not play the objective and team play, simple as that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 08:24

We cool here? As S2 says, "Let's hug it out bitch!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 08:42

LOL @ you two.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles, learning how to drive?   Vehicles, learning how to drive? Empty

Back to top Go down

Vehicles, learning how to drive?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next