Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

BF3 vs BO2

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 13:34

Howdy, I've been an avid COD fan since I first played MW2. I have never played Battlefield, but since joining this clan I must admit it sparks my interest. When I try to look up differences between the two games and props and cons to each it seems to be a lot just game bashing going on from both sides. I was just curious as to the differences between the two franchises and would it be worth investing in BF3 to play along with as well as the COD games.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 13:56

they are very different games. in BF3 you have to account for bullet drop and rounds per minute. example-- you wont get a headshot with a sniper rifle from across the map by pointing straight at them like you can in COD. also you cant run and gun like COD except for the close quarter maps.

on the other side what game can you play with tanks, choppers, jets, jeeps, quad bikes, and all the other vehicles BF3 has. the only real thing to say is see if one of your friends has it or rent it from somewhere so you can try it out and see if you will like it.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 14:24

Sounds to be more life-like and require more strategy and thinking. I like that. I'll have to see if one of my friends has it.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 14:43

Its truly a great game and well worth it I think. But its best to see if you can rent it or borrow it from a friend to make sure your going to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 15:45

One of the big differences between the two to me is that I can pick up BLOPS2 and run around by myself in TDM for a while and have an extremely good time doing it.

BF3 is much more team oriented and the difference between playing by yourself and with some clan members is huge. It's why I searched for a community such as this one.

I just bought BF3 for the ps3 today (been playing on the pc) and I think I'll probably be putting a lot of time into it from now on.

There are "battlefield" moments that will leave you with your jaw dropped and thinking "holy @#$% did that just happen?" Also with the different classes there's really a role for everyone. I play mostly engineer because I absolutely love blowing up people's tanks. Medic and support are good classes also though especially when you're learning.

I say get it! Worse case scenario you blew 60 bucks. (Make sure you get the premium edition btw)
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 16:01

As others say they are both very different games. I play both too, i find if i am going to play battlefield i need to make sure i have nothing planned as the rounds can be very long. I love the tanks they are wicked. Gameplay is alot slower and guns handle differently too, try it and see.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 16:07

Agree with all above

COD is my main game but I love a few rounds of BF3, i think playing it all day would be pretty headachey as the rounds are like somtimes 30 mins im sure i havent timed but taking a guess.

its an excellent game i love it, not as much as COD but its a really well built/designed game bit slower paced you will enjoy it the maps are huge!
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 16:22

I agree.

BF is more life-like, strategy and teamplay demanding.

CoD is a game you just pick up and join a random server for total mayhem.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 16:28

I'll grab it and join in on one of our clan sessions.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 18:07

Tony_McAwesome wrote:

Great decision!
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 09:33

What I like or do not like between the 2

BF3
Pros : Tanks, Planes, Assignments, Revives, Ammo drops, Squads, Dedicated Servers, Our own server, Knife Animation ( when I do it right)

Cons: Immature Admins, When my knife animation does not work

BLOPS2
Pros: Vector, Bouncing Bettys

Cons: Peer-to-Peer hosting, Lag, Continued disconnections, Peer-to-Peer hosting, Run&Gun sniper quick scopes, Having to mute everyone right off the bat, Peer-to-Peer hosting, Maps & Game play is repetitive
Back to top Go down
Warrior_1212
Retired Officers Sp x2
Retired Officers Sp x2
Warrior_1212

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 10:12

Tony_McAwesome wrote:

Great to hear Tony!!

Here's my take on the 2 games. I play both (neither one very well mind you). In BO2 when I go negative I feel like I have hurt the teams chance of winning (especially in game modes like TDM and KC) because every death puts the other team closer to victory.

On BF3 you have more ways to support your team, granted deaths still count against your team, but you can benefit the group by, dropping ammo, health packs, reviving fallen teammates.

The nice thing about BF3 is you can go negative in every round and still feel like you have accomplished something.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 10:14

Ive played both Games. Both are really fun when everything is working. In Call of Duty I have a hard time with being 5 feet past a corner and getting killed from where I just was, and I also hate dumping clips into people with no result. In battlefield its not so bad because when your turning that corner and getting shot at the wall is blowing up behind you so it seems alot more legit.

Call of Duty is a very fast paced gamed because the general map size is very small. Battlefield feels really slow because the maps are huge. Turbine to me would be the biggest map on Blops 2, in Battlefield has small maps 10 times the size of that map with Vehicles.

I was a total COD fan boy, even bought my PS3 just for Modern Warfare 2, which I still consider the best FPS game ever, I just got bored of the running around in circles and feeling ripped off alot when I did. Battlefield brought me back to my Socom PS1 days where I could snipe you from 1000 meters out or run and gun and get you with a MP7. And Ill tell you when you knife someone in battlefield its the best thing ever.

Edit= Warrior is totally right, Ive got MVP a few times with a Negative KDR but I played the Objective, revived team mates, Dropped Ammo for the team. You wont get that run around in circles shooting people feeling when your trying to take out an Abrams with C4 because he is pounding your team mates at an objective.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: BOOM   BF3 vs BO2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 14:43

Battlefield is got it diffrences I use to play alot of COD but then I got addicted to BF2 And BF3 and well haven't really stop playing huge maps, Tanks, Choppers, Jets, Crossbows, Got that is what get you going its just a Rush.
Machine Gun Machine Gun Machine Gun
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 18:13

I use to also be a cod fan boy then I started playing battlefield there is something about parachuting into the map with c4 and landing on a tank and blowing it up. Straping c4 to a atv and raming it into a enemy vehicle and blowing it up. There is just way more ways to have fun in battlefield vs cod.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptySat 05 Jan 2013, 22:08

this is only my opinion ,,, i think BF3 is way better its alot more realistic than the CoD games , the CoD gameplay is way too fast plus you cannot get in tanks , jets , buggies , quads etc etc ,,, BF3 you can blow buildings to bits and you can get in / use all the things you would do in real life ,, everything about bf3 is realistic i love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 00:41

different games for different audience.

COD is fast playing on small maps and easy to learn.

BF is slower paced on huge maps and has a learning curve.

Ea should let dice make BF4 more like BC2 BF2 with more complex maps.
BF3 has big maps, but a lot of them are Linear with tight chokepoints like Metro. Those maps are poorly designed on purpose so the action can be concentrated and more like COD.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 01:56

Just my opinion, but . .

The down side to bf is that you need a lot of time.

Not only because it takes a long time to level up and to learn the carracteristics of each load out.

But also, where I can jump into a cod title and be on my game and start to pick updecent scores after 1 or 2 matches. I find it takes longer to zone in when playing bf3.

As such, although I play a lot, I do so in 30 - 40 min sessions, which is 1 round in bf,

It's a great game, you just need to a couple hours to play each session.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 04:31

For me BF has got the lot -

Better graphics, more releasm with guns "WOW a gun with recoil and bullet drop whats that all about"

Four charictoristics that can play many ways each depending on load out, Run and gun in Close Quarters, Scavenger, metro and bazaar, to more thoughtful larger maps where strategy and tactics come into play.

Far greater emphasis on squad and team play, You can be in Jets, Heli's, Tanks or set up to destroy them.

Its all about preferance but for me COD/Blops and MOHW have micky mouse graphics, unrelistic gun play, doll like movement of play and is all about speed.

Everytime I play COD/Blops I jsut feel like WTF going on here then!
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 09:47

Y'all really make me want to play BF3 now. I will definitely be picking it up on this next paycheck.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: It's All About the Vehicles   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 10:00

Enough said. Vehicles dominate. Do I play it a lot, No. But where else can you jump into an M1A1 and blow up other players?
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyTue 08 Jan 2013, 00:00

Actually COD did have vehicles in earlier versions.

COD3 had Tanks jeeps and maybe motorcycles

COD3 was actually like Battlefield in a lot of ways with the huge maps and vehicles and classes - I mean the multiplayer part.

World at war had Tanks

then after that it has been RC cars and other gimmicky junk for COD.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptySat 12 Jan 2013, 09:24

I have been playing BO2 a bit lately just for a change of pace. In my opinion it is the best COD since COD4. I really enjoy myself. The thing is, I feel like my skills are only about 50 of how I perform in a game. The rest is luck of the draw on who is hosting the match, and whether the game decides to spawn my team or the other team more favorably. It is frustrating to me personally how inconsistent my performance is in that game.

In BF3, while there can still definitely be lag and frustrating situations including dumping full clips into people. The dedicated servers are generally way more stable. Also you can form 4 person squads and spawn on any of your squad members if you want.

The biggest thing that keeps me coming back to BF3 though is all of the times in any given day I feel like a bad ass when playing it...

Enemy behind cover? Shoot an RPG above him and bring the building down on him.

1000 meter heatshot? Sure, why not.

Did you see that explosion!

Tank giving your team trouble? Blow it up with a helicopter.

I know you've probably seen some videos on the site or elsewhere of BF3 footage, but just watch this one and try to not want to play battlefield. It's not anything outrageous like jumping out of a jet to shoot another jet with an rpg while free falling (which you can totally do!), its just regular stuff that happens everyday. With the exception of a couple of shots where the camera is above the map, all of it is footage of stuff you actually get to do in game on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013, 23:15

ez1ly_k1lled wrote:
What I like or do not like between the 2

BF3
Pros : Tanks, Planes, Assignments, Revives, Ammo drops, Squads, Dedicated Servers, Our own server, Knife Animation ( when I do it right)

Cons: Immature Admins, When my knife animation does not work

BLOPS2
Pros: Vector, Bouncing Bettys

Cons: Peer-to-Peer hosting, Lag, Continued disconnections, Peer-to-Peer hosting, Run&Gun sniper quick scopes, Having to mute everyone right off the bat, Peer-to-Peer hosting, Maps & Game play is repetitive

THIS! lol I'm going to start getting back into BF3. I stopped to play blops2 but its really starting to get to me.
Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013, 12:49

Lol yes more fun ways to troll players lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BF3 vs BO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs BO2   BF3 vs BO2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BF3 vs BO2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum