Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

broardband speeds n diff it makes

Go down 
AuthorMessage

broardband speeds n diff it makes Empty
PostSubject: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 12:55

Hi All
I have talktalk non fibre speed of 3.5 download speed and ping is average 40
Sometimes read higher on ping. How much difference would fibre optic make and what speeds are people running at on bf3 cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptySun 11 Nov 2012, 13:16

Cannot really help on Fibre Optic because I do not have it yet - but my talktalk boradband ranges from 1.5 mbps down/500kbps up at best and 600kbps down/ 100 kbps up at worst and it makes a hell of a difference.

when its running at best I am rarely below 2/1 KD and at worst struggling to maintain 1/2 KD, thing I have noticed the most at low speed is you just cannot use low damage (PDW) guns at all, you just cannot get kills, this puts you at a great disadvantage because you have to game with shotguns (slow reload) or high damage (high recoil) guns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 07:39

I switched to Virgin Media cable broadband just after xmas this year and took the up to 30Mbps option and rarely got less than 31Mbps.

Just over a week ago Mr Branson doubled my speed to 60Mbps for no extra cost.

Best move I ever made only I can no longer blame my bb speed for my being crap Laughing

broardband speeds n diff it makes 2304852705
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: fast   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 09:04

Wow that's fast does it make that much diff ie when u come up against another play one on one ie bf3 showdown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 11:02

Your having this problem playing on local servers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyTue 13 Nov 2012, 12:17

Not that hyped up but just get online n quick match in bf3 ??? Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012, 04:32

scottyboy01 wrote:
Wow that's fast does it make that much diff ie when u come up against another play one on one ie bf3 showdown

Im not that sure its just down to download speed although that must make a difference, take last night for example I was sitting at the PC watching youtube vidoes while Mrs Bonkers was preparing our meal and none of the videos would play without stopping and buffering all the time, so either Virgin throttle the speed or it down to latency, ping speeds etc Im not too sure.

I would guess that upload speed is also an issue when gaming as its the information from your console arriving at the server that registers a kill, so if you go head to head and you opponent has a faster upload speed then surely even if you shoot first, if his information registering a hit arrives at the server first then I guess he gets the kill and you die.

Anyone know the definitive answer to all this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012, 13:24

Sid Bonkers wrote:
scottyboy01 wrote:

Im not that sure its just down to download speed although that must make a difference, take last night for example I was sitting at the PC watching youtube vidoes while Mrs Bonkers was preparing our meal and none of the videos would play without stopping and buffering all the time, so either Virgin throttle the speed or it down to latency, ping speeds etc Im not too sure.

I would guess that upload speed is also an issue when gaming as its the information from your console arriving at the server that registers a kill, so if you go head to head and you opponent has a faster upload speed then surely even if you shoot first, if his information registering a hit arrives at the server first then I guess he gets the kill and you die.

Anyone know the definitive answer to all this?

Ok lemme start by saying virgin has been having problems when it comes to streaming websites such as youtube. this is largely due to the router they give you.

secondly when it comes to gaming, the speed down or up is not the most important thing, its the ping!!

you could have a crazy high speed like 100Mbps, but if your ping rate is over 50ms, then some1 else who has say a 10Mbps connection, but a ping rate of 20ms, would probably see you and shoot you first! thats how you end up getting shot after youve ducked behind a wall for example.

there is a point where speed matters, but once the speed you get is over 5Mbps, it comes down to ping more than anything else.

a word of advice also, if your having issues with terrible lag, make sure your computer isnt busy downloading anything or any1 else in your house doing high bandwith tasks.
Back to top Go down
Bernie-_-Lomax
Battlefield Friends
Battlefield Friends
Bernie-_-Lomax

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012, 14:06

Sid Bonkers wrote:
I switched to Virgin Media cable broadband just after xmas this year and took the up to 30Mbps option and rarely got less than 31Mbps.

Just over a week ago Mr Branson doubled my speed to 60Mbps for no extra cost.

Best move I ever made only I can no longer blame my bb speed for my being crap Laughing

broardband speeds n diff it makes 2304852705

they give you 60 down, but only 3 up? thats crazy to me. i get 75 on both for my gaming line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012, 15:05

Cheers Fermat that makes perfect sense. Cos when I get shot I'm thinkin how the fuchsia Russhooting me through a brick wall cheers. I'm now going onto bt infinity if my ping is say 40 how can I reduce it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012, 18:04

scottyboy01 wrote:
Cheers Fermat that makes perfect sense. Cos when I get shot I'm thinkin how the fuchsia Russhooting me through a brick wall cheers. I'm now going onto bt infinity if my ping is say 40 how can I reduce it

U cant.. Also the ping rate u see on a see speed test, wont be the same as on bf3.. Coz on a speed test, thats the ping rate to the server where the speed test is running.. But on bf3, the ping rate, is between u and the bf3 server.
U know when u join a server it has ping and a signal bar.. Now on pc, they actually tell u the milliseconds, heaven knows why they didnt do that on ps3.. All u can try and do is try to join servers where the signal bar is full.. Generally, if your in the uk, and u join servers in the uk, u should be fine.. The further away the server, the higher the ping rate
When your on a server with a low ping rate, youll know.. Coz the game will run smoothly..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptySat 17 Nov 2012, 01:25

Cheers all for yr help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptySat 17 Nov 2012, 01:28

Ferhat what speed Ru running at n ping n whos that with cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 06:10

Cheers for the info Ferhat, I do see my ping speeds do vary quite a bit from day to day even hour to hour, I see them at 5ms one test and then 30ms another time.

I think the "select a close server is the key" but not always possible when playing with clan mates.

Everything is a compromise...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: broardband speeds n diff it makes   broardband speeds n diff it makes Empty

Back to top Go down

broardband speeds n diff it makes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan 4GC :: New Members (MFD)-
Jump to: