Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts Empty
PostSubject: US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts   US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 10:43

Hey gang,

I have been thinking about this for a while and thought I would put my thoughts in a post and see if we can collectively refine this idea.

We were chatting last night, during our combat training session, about each member having a specific roll and loadout that should be used to help with controlling a map in both TDM and DOM. Below are my suggestions. Please post here what type of player or roll you would be best suited for and I'll continute to update this post with the rolls each member would like to play and any adjustments that need to be made with the classes.

Assault or Run & Gun (2 ppl)
- Load out
o Primary: Shotgun, SMG or AR (depending on the map)
o Secondary: Pistol
o Frag or Semtex
o Concussion or Flash
o Claymore
o Lightweight, Slight of Hand, Hacker/Marathon

- Objective
o Run the map patrolling all the choke points leading from enemy spawn, capping flags, planting bombs (domination, demolition)

- kinghtcold

Recon (1 person)
- Load out
o Primary: Sniper rifle/M14
o Secondary: Pistol (for those close quarter battles)
o Frag, Semtex or Tomahawk
o Concussion or Flash
o Motion Sensor
o Scavenger/Ghost, Scout, Hacker/Ninja

- Objective
o Travel the outer edge of the map finding the long lines of site through the choke points from the enemy spawn, defend objectives from far.

Support/Defense (3 ppl)
- Load out
o Primary: Assault Rifle or SMG (depending on map)
o Secondary: Strella
o Frag or Semtex
o Flash/Concussion (TDM) or Willy Pete/Nova Gas (Dom)
o Motion Sensor
o Hardline/Flackjacket, Slight of Hand/Hardened, Hacker/Tac Mask

- Objective
o Patrol/Defend your area! You have a section of the map that is yours to patrol. Make sure you are aware of all the joke points from the enemy spawn. If you are down, call for help!! Support and/or Assault will come to your aid. Defend/capture the objective(s) close to your area.

- Shady

It is my opinion that if everyone plays their roll and does their job we will have control of the map.

Let me know your thoughts about this and what roll would best suit your play style. I look forward to your input.

Cheers!

US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts Shady_10
US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts Pbucket

Last edited by Iron_Shady on Sat 03 Sep 2011, 11:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
knightcold
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
knightcold

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts   US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts EmptySat 03 Sep 2011, 11:28

I think id have to say i like to run and gun. My a.d.d sets in if im not moving alot lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts   US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts EmptySat 03 Sep 2011, 13:24

Great idea but i struggle to fit into one of those roles how I play im like a combo of all 3 i know that doesn't help much. If you've ever played in a team with me you know what i mean Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts   US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts EmptySat 03 Sep 2011, 18:26

One of my reasons for posting this was to have everyone critic it to help make that best possible class for said rolls. Maybe the rolls need to be changes as well. I just built that as something to start off with and my rational behind it. If anyone has any advise toward this idea then feel free to make a post.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts   US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 06:00

OK Shady, I am going to give this a shot. Here is my opinion (not saying yours is wrong, just saying what I think may work better). Keep in mind, this is for DOM games. I don't know anything about TDM, just that you have to win gun battles. Smile

Objective:
• AR or SMG (map dpendent)
• Pistol
• Grenade
• Smoke/Concussion
• Any Equipment
• Flak Jacket/Lightweight, SoH, Marathon
The main focus of an objective player is to simply play the objective. This means Capturing the objectives and providing close quarters defense. Objective players should generally run low kill streaks (UAV, CUAV, Naplam) to provide support to team members as well as using the napalm to help defend. The object of having low streaks it to keep UAV and CUAV up as often as possible.

Slayer:
• AR
• Pistol
• Grenade
• Concussion
• Any
• Scavenger, SoH, Ninja/Marathon
The main focus of a slayer is to build kill streaks that will help your team win. This includes trying to defend objectives from a distance as well as cutting off flank routes to the objective. Post up in a high traffic area and rack up the kills. Dogs can be quite annoying and make a successful spawn trap, same with Chopper gunner and Blackbird. The key to filling this role is make sure you get your kill streaks. This is not for the faint of heart. No your skill level and play accordingly. I never play slayer because I can’t get these kill streaks.

Support:
• AR
• Strela
• Grenade
• Concussion
• Claymore/Motion Sensor
• Ghost, SoH, Marathon
In the support role your objective is to assist Obj’s and Slayers in any way you can. The main role is to take down enemy aircraft. UAVs and CUAVs are devastating. The best place for the support player is possibly defending the home flag or watching the back of a slayer.

Now with all that said, just because you are a slayer does not men you stay off of flags. If you need to jump on a flag to cap it, you do it. If you are close to a high streak, just don't die. Support may also need to go in and cap a flag. The key is to be versatile and work as a team.

My dream team: 3 OBJ, 2 Slayers, 1 Support. Off the spawn I would send all 3 OBJ and a Slayer to B. OBJs jump on and slayer sets up on the main route and kills them running in. 1 slayer and support cap the B flag.

With all that being said, If you take a look at the top MLG teams (Optic, LvG, Fear) they don't have roles. They all play OBJ and Slayer. They works as a team to setup, kill the enemy and when the time is right, take a flag. Anyways, if anything does not make sense, let me know. I am tired while I write this so no doubt something is probably amiss...
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts   US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 12:31

This is good Glock. I threw mine setups together with little knowledge, just common sense, about making rolls for any type of game mode. I think that main part of all of this, besides choosing and roll and which loadouts to carry, I feel that it is more important that we know where to go, who should go, who should stay back and how to maintain our positions in order to keep control of the map. I think this is something that we all need to iron out because I don't beleive that we have anything in place for this. Although most of us know how the different game modes work, we are all still running around.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts   US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts EmptyMon 05 Sep 2011, 13:00

Very true Shady. On each map there are power positions for each game type (B shack on Jungle for Dom is huge, but not so much for CTF or TDM). To me, the best way to learn those is by playing the game and figuring it out because the power positions also change based on the play style of your opponents. I will do my best to call out the ones that I know while we are in game and maybe at the beginning of each go through the list of what positions we will want to hold down.

Break out strategies vary based on the map and are not always successful, that is a science I am still learning for Black Ops and probably won't have before MW3 comes out. I will see if I can't cook something up for us that might help us out a little bit... ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts   US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts Empty

Back to top Go down

US/CAN PS3 Div. - TDM/DOM Classes and Loadouts
Page 1 of 1