Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

4GC Internal tournament to start

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

4GC Internal tournament to start  Empty
PostSubject: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 13:25

We would like to get an internal tournament up and running.

US/CA players would game against each other in a league format, as would the UK/EU.

The winners of each division would meet to decide a play off (if times permit)

Once all applications have been submitted, I will select the numbers of players in each team, as well as the number of teams. Each team will have a captain named.

I will select the players within the teams; I will try to make the teams as fair as possible. Upon naming the teams, should anyone have any concerns, please send me a PM with them. I will try to make this as fair as possible.

Each team will receive 2 points for a win, 1 for a loss, with the possibility of bonus points*

Each team is expected to play once a week should there be a problem then they are expected to play two games on the following week. If in the event there are any further concerns about teams completing their games, the likely event is that someone else will fill the roles so that the games do get completed. The captain of the teams are expected to make ctc with each other to decide when is best for them. But the actual fixture list (by week) will be drawn up by me.

Each team Will have and will name there preferred game type and map as there home choice, ideally we would like the home and away legs played straight after each other on the same night.**

As it stands, the only restriction is NO rocket launchers are to be used with the exception of the strella; the only KSR’s to be used are Spy plane, Counter spy plane & carepackage.

*Bonus points will be announced soon.

**Additional bonus points will be given based on the away performance. These too will be announced soon.

It’s unlikely that many, if any of these rules will change unless there is an overwhelming vote deciding so.

Ideas for all future internal comps should be put in a separate thread.

This thread will be updated, so always refer back to this one.

This is due to start Monday 5th sept, a PSN message will go out to as many people as possible, (shady I may need you to copy and paste my message and frwd on to all your ctc’s.

Of course this will be competitive, but hopefully fun and will be as fair as possible so that most if not all teams have a chance of winning.

If you are interested, please reply with your PSN & say if you want to be a captain or a soldier.

**********update 3/9/11*************

Players registered are
US/CA & AU
Waycool
Bristow
Clutch insanity
Shady
Glock
B-Rock
Knightcold
Banshee
Ryandrthal
Joker
hotwtrmusic
BernieLomax

EU
Viper
ER
LH
ER
Baldy
Inover
@gent_Zero
Smashy
Goncharella
Need_4_Sleep

Cut off for entry has been put back till wed, when i will draw up the teams for a start date for games now next (monday 12/9/11) then thats it, those who are late... Need to log on more. Ill send out more PSN messages and also inc those who have registered, if you could copy and paste and frwd on to people you think will be interested please do so, alt if your in game with ppl, mention it. Thx !

*********UPDATE 7/9/76************

Confirmed players

Players registered are
US/CA & AU
Waycool
Bristow
Clutch insanity
Shady
Glock
B-Rock
Knightcold
Banshee
Ryandrthal
Joker
hotwtrmusic
BernieLomax
the Dubonat0r

EU
Viper
LH
ER
Baldy
Inover
@gent_Zero
Smashy
Need_4_Sleep
Unseen1981
Goncharella
WhoDaresWins

**********UPDATE 8/9/11*********
I have been asked to put this back, so the cut off will now be Friday (appx 15:00 GMT), but the 1st weeks gaming will be next wek.

******2nd update 8/9/11********
Bonus points work as follows;
1. A particular person on each squad has been selected, if the get more than 7 Kills in the away leg, they pick up an additional 0.5 points for the team.
2. If particular selected people have a KDR above the average KDR then they will score bonus points in the following catagories;
1. Upto 25 % increase = 0.5
2. Upto 50 % Increase = 1
3 Upto 100 % Increase = 1.5

I would suggest the following people start working on there team's home map & mode or at least put thought into it.

Shady
B-Rock
Knightcold
Glock

Viper
Agent-Zero
LH
Smashy
Baldy

If you dont want to be a captain and ctc other teams to see when you can meet up to play (even though i'll lay out the fixtures) pls say so, no hard feelings.

I would like the captains to tell me the prefered maps and modes by Sunday the latest. Viper to update all on the teams selected 15:00 Friday.

Players list from 7/9/11 & 8th/9/11 has also been updated.

Players registered are
US/CA & AU
Waycool
Bristow
Clutch insanity
Shady
Glock
B-Rock
Knightcold
Banshee
Ryandrthal
Joker
hotwtrmusic
BernieLomax
the Dubonat0r
Taco
WARPARTY

EU
Viper
LH
ER
Baldy
Inover
@gent_Zero
Smashy
Need_4_Sleep
Unseen1981
Goncharella
WhoDaresWins
FoxyRebel

************* UPDATE 9/9/11***********
Below are the players/Team/Fixtures
Captains need to tell me there home Map & Game type ASAP.
Captains need to make ctc with each other.
Captains to post me results of each game, INC details of who won, Kills, Deaths for each player
Captains should set private room to recording enabled.
NO NOOB TUBES
EU Team 5, to rotate players.
2 Points fr a win, 1.5 for a draw and 1 for a loss.
Bonus points mentioned in the 8/9/11 update.

All teams can play there games as quick as they like.

Any questions

US/CA
4GC Internal tournament to start  USA][

EU
4GC Internal tournament to start  EU]

Last edited by VIPERMAN1 on Fri 09 Sep 2011, 13:10; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Banshee1971
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Banshee1971

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 13:44

Rock on buddy!!!!! count me in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 18:59

Bumping
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 19:15

This is going to be great! I'm in! I can be a captain or play along with a captain. I'm easy to get onlong with..lol.

4GC Internal tournament to start  Shady_10
4GC Internal tournament to start  Pbucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 19:45

I'm down...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 20:39

Count me in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 20:48

I'm in too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptySun 28 Aug 2011, 21:49

Please put my name forward for a Captains spot. Twisted Evil

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
knightcold
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
knightcold

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 01:30

Im in. Lets do this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 03:18

I am in!
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 04:17

I'd like to join in but only if there are enough crap (<.6 KD) players so the misery of having 'us' on team is shared out. Plus last night my black ops disk wouldn't fire up so that may be that..

Any issues / questions please PM Pro_Vantage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 07:20

What Claymores and Ghost are allowed? Surprised
Especially since only the 3 killstreaks are allowed we should ban Ghost.
I personally also think that Care Package actually adds a way too big "luck" component to the whole thing. I'd like to see only non-lethal killstreaks allowed. (spy, counter, sam-turret and Blackbird) or simply only use Spy and Counter without any 3rd killstreak or what I'd prefer GB rules in the first place.

Still I'm not the right one to judge anything and I'm fine with whatever you decide.

Count me in if the matches won't always take place after 22 GMT
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 07:24

@gent-zer0 wrote:

I believe we will need look after scheduling our own match. Every week you and your team mate will be given a match to play at some point that week. When is up to you, your team mate and the team you are playing.

Viper....do I have the right?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 11:40

Exactly, game times to be decided by the teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 11:49

@gent-zer0 wrote:
What Claymores and Ghost are allowed? Surprised
Especially since only the 3 killstreaks are allowed we should ban Ghost.
I personally also think that Care Package actually adds a way too big "luck" component to the whole thing. I'd like to see only non-lethal killstreaks allowed. (spy, counter, sam-turret and Blackbird) or simply only use Spy and Counter without any 3rd killstreak or what I'd prefer GB rules in the first place.

Still I'm not the right one to judge anything and I'm fine with whatever you decide.

Ghost is there for people who may want it, if im up against people i know will have a spy plane up, im putting on ghost, this is designed to so that people who may not feel there better than others to move more un-noticed.

the CP thing is luck, use hardline if you want, this is also designed so better players dont completley destroy another tea, with dogs, CG etc etc unless there lucky to get this in a CP.

This is designed to try to make it as even as possible or giving a hope to all teams....

Ive noted your thoughts and unless there is an overwhelming vote but everyone, then this will stick for this tourney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 14:56

But doesn't the CP killstreak just do the opposite? It CAN turn around a match completely and undeserving when one lucky guy gets dogs, chopper, blackbird or Gunship. If we simply scratch the 3rd killstreak or replace it for any non lethal or even just a "weak" one like , sam turret, napalm, mortars or Valkyrie I think that it'd make more sense.
I completely agree to disable all the high killstreaks. I dunno about you but I simply don't like the "luck" component to play a role in this. Eventhough this actually may make people use rather hardline than Ghost for the whole time.

Again just my 2 cents nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011, 18:24

I do understand the element of luck that needs to be in this league. Not everyone is a great player and sometimes the advantage of luck IS what it takes to win a match. I mean no offence to anyone by saying that. Besides, the door swings both ways with the luck of a care package. You could be the one picking up dogs from a care package.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 02:45

Everyone's opinion is valued, if at least 40% of the number for that region put in a request for a change in the rules, then rules can be changed for that region.

As this is the 1st (i think) internal tourney for PS3 on a possible large scale, then i'd like it to be that as many members as possible feel they can join and have a chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 03:27

Since you put it that way Viper, Razz I personally would prefer GB rules (no killstreaks, equipment, ghost, flak jacket, last stand, launchers). However, knowing that would not appeal to everyone, I am down for anything. Just figured I would throw my opinion out there. Anyway, it goes... I am playing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 05:47

Make it easy, make it simple, make it fun but also competitive. seemples! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 07:08

LadyHazard wrote:
Make it easy, make it simple, make it fun but also competitive. seemples! lol

I think lady has hit the nail on the head there, MAKE IT FUN cheers That's why we play right? to have fun.

i had a night where a few us played in a private match, free for all, nuke town, rules such as crossbow, tomahawks and grenades only. obviously no flack jackets, but you could use whatever killstreaks you liked! it was so much fun! i was laughing constantly, great being a private free for all match as we could still chat to each other in game cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 08:26

Ill take it your in then mate....

Bumping too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 11:30

PSN messages sent to all my friends list, Shady i sent one to you to frwd on if you can.

thx
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 12:46

I have combat training tonight and will try and work in the sending of some messages throughout the night.

Cheers!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 14:27

you can count B-ROCK7878 in..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4GC Internal tournament to start    4GC Internal tournament to start  Empty

Back to top Go down

4GC Internal tournament to start
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next