Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters Empty
PostSubject: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 07:33

ok let me be honest here. This is my least favorite pack. Now before you try to murder me for that statement, let me explain.

Close Quarters is exactly what the title is, a bunch of close quarter maps. The maps themselves with all honesty are designed really well. Ranging from Ziba tower to the scrapyard, they are all designed to be visual appealing and graphically astounding. The attention to detail is also noticed when you start blowing up areas and you see paper flying all over, pieces of the furniture and glass flying by and other stuff like that is, in my honest opinion pure eye candy.

However, lets get into the game modes. These maps only support a few modes. They support 16 man TDM, a new mode called domination (DOM) and another new mode called Gun master (GM). Here's my problem already, what happened to conquest or rush?! Operation metro supported these modes. Granted the map is larger but the point being that operation metro in CQ isn't all that big ether. Then we have GM where you have to get kills to upgrade your weapon to the next one until you win.

Ok back up, there was another game that had a similar mode and done it before bf3, umm COD! Really? again your copying cod? The real kicker is that they copied them not once, but TWICE!!! Domination is a game mode in COD!

Ok i'm done ranting. But with all seriousness, couldn't they come up with their own modes or even make them seem unique? don't get me wrong, I do like how gun master is team based, that works. However domination is an exact rip-off of cods domination. Seems the designers of this pack was scraping the bottom of the barrel. don't get me wrong, Dom is good, but it was done already.

Lastly lets face it, the main reason a lot of people liked bf3 was because of it's large total war battles. This includes the vehicle combat, urban warfare and other scenarios like that. This map pack kills the total war feel and now it feels more like a cod game, but with better graphics and gun physics. Can you imagine this game mode on PC supporting the amount of players they support?

Now let me say this, I may not like the fact that they copied cod, but the way the maps are designed and the unique GM mode saves it from being a cod clone. I would say this pack is a guilty pleasure at best. It's fun to play and can lead to some incredible team based combat. Plus the weapons you can unlock is awesome and I will give it the fact that the close quarter battles are pretty intense. I wish I could say more good things about the pack, but there isn't a lot to talk about

Final score: 7/10

Pros
*intense close quarter combat
*impressive visuals and design
*well designed map structures
*Unique GM mode
*Great weapon unlocks

Cons
*No vehicles
*lacking game mode support
*CoD styled Domination game mode
*less of a total war sense of feel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 07:56

hmm..

The biggest difference between conquest and conquest domination is that at conquest you get to spawn at the captured point and with conquest dom. you spawn random (or at squad mate). I think spawning at the capture point / flag would be terrible in these close quarters so I like the way it's setup now.

I also think that the maps are too small for rush. If you just look how intense the fights are with 3 flags, imagine all this gunfire being concentrated to 1 or 2 m-coms.

Even though the name is the same as in COD (domination), the game itself is completely different, the overall feeling, the graphics, the spawn mechanism, etc. I know some people think it’s like COD but I would say it's the game mode that comes the closest to COD while it's still miles away from it. Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 08:06

luckywolfert wrote:
hmm..

The biggest difference between conquest and conquest domination is that at conquest you get to spawn at the captured point and with conquest dom. you spawn random (or at squad mate). I think spawning at the capture point / flag would be terrible in these close quarters so I like the way it's setup now.

I also think that the maps are too small for rush. If you just look how intense the fights are with 3 flags, imagine all this gunfire being concentrated to 1 or 2 m-coms.

Even though the name is the same as in COD (domination), the game itself is completely different, the overall feeling, the graphics, the spawn mechanism, etc. I know some people think it’s like COD but I would say it's the game mode that comes the closest to COD while it's still miles away from it. Wink

as stated, it does enough to keep itself from being called a cod clone

but the lack of some of the favorite modes does hurt a bit. Like I said, this is a good map pack and I would say buy it, I just wish a few more things were changed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 11:39

This is the DLC I thought I would hate - but I don't I love it, (more DOM than TDM or GM.

Do not know why as I never saw my self as a run around sprayer type of gamer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 13:07

babybrewin wrote:
Do not know why as I never saw my self as a run around sprayer type of gamer.

Oh I know why : It's because of the kills you get from me when I keep running in those damn claymores you've setup Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters Empty

Back to top Go down

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Close Quarters
Page 1 of 1