Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Back to Karkand

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Back to Karkand Empty
PostSubject: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Back to Karkand   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Back to Karkand EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 07:00

Now I heard this is supposed to be a few maps from battlefield: bad company 2. Now I never played that game so I am gonna rate this pack on it's own merits.

first off, B2K has some really good city/town maps, meaning plenty of urban warfare. The urban warfare factor works REALLY well with this map pack due to the fact that you can use the buildings for sniping or cover, blow up the buildings and even destroy em. there is plenty of chances for close quarters combat, Ranging from the backstreets of a few buildings, to the construction site of a newly developed building.

The cool thing is that these maps perfectly use the game modes to their advantage. Seems the best modes for B2K are Rush, CQ and its new mode Conquest Assault (CQA). In rush in one map you'll be fighting off tanks, soldiers and other vehicles in the main streets till you get back into a warehouse for a final stand or even have to assault your enemy at a construction yard till you fight off the last of their defenses in a large building. These kind of situations are perfect for urban warfare.

The vehicles are really good as well, but some of them feel restrictive, Primary the jets. Now I am not a big jet user but the map just doesn't seem to support em very well. you'll find yourself going back and forth between the map in a matter of seconds and the dogfights aren't as satisfying, but the maps leaves plenty of room for helicopters, Buggies and tanks to do their job.

beyond all this, this pack is by far the best. This pack perfectly messes urban warfare, objective based gameplay and leaves plenty of room for a infantry soldier to do their job. If the jets weren't so restricted in these maps, I would not hesitate to give this a perfect score.

Final score: 9.5/10

Pros
*Great urban warfare
*perfectly uses all the game modes to it's advantage
*new weapon challenges
*Great vehicle combat and new vehicles to use
*plenty of room for both vehicle and infantry combat
*amazing visuals

Cons
* Jet restriction
*ps3 freezes a lot

Last edited by wolfkeen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Back to Karkand Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Back to Karkand   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Back to Karkand EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 07:19

I love these maps, especially rush.

Only 2 cons for me:

1) PS seems to freeze more often on these maps
2) Strike at Karkand was my all time favorite map on BF2 but the PS3 version is much smaller (like all maps on PS3 maps). The PS3 version misses one of the most fun capture points (the last M-coms on rush). Somehow don't have the same 'good old feeling' when playing this one on the PS3. On BF2, you could prone in the main street and snipe a lot of players. Somehow this doesn't really work on BF3.
Back to top Go down

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Back to Karkand
Page 1 of 1