Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills Empty
PostSubject: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 04:54

When I first checked out the maps I was highly intimidated because of the vast, VAST landscape of the maps. I was worried I would have the worst time with em and will be killed constantly. This was true for the first two weeks but once I got used to the map structures I felt more confident and was being a bit more daring.

The maps will intimidate you and you will get worried and yes it will be difficult to understand during your first few games, but if you keep at it, you'll get the hang on the map and will be able to fight as you normally would

Now I have a general idea of how the maps work, how to play each objective and how to use the surrounding areas to my advantage. Good example I lost a tank by just going into prone in an underbrush. Tank couldn't find me and drove off. So there's plenty of chances for hit and run and even retreats.

in my honest opinion the new mode Tank Supremacy (TS) is a bit broken since you still only get so much ammo and if someone isn't running support and your not in a tank or tank destroyer, your gonna have the worst time trying to fight them off. I still do like the fact that there is about 6/8 tanks at the base and your only fighting for one location. So this leads to some hectic games and some crazy defense plays.

The new vehicles are cool too, but I wish we had a bit more variety. We got our ATVs, AAs with missiles and a few others like the tank destroyer. But maybe add a bit more so we can have some really good and diverse vehicle combat. Thought I won't lie, the gunship is freaking cool! I love the fact that it can change the balance of the whole battle and can make or break a whole team.

But the CQ games are freaking awesome, my favorite map from the pack I love in conquest is Alborz mountains. There is so many areas to fight in that map leading from the mountains peak to a small lake area.

All and all, I like this pack. I think they achieved their goal of making large maps designed for total war scenarios. They could use a bit more sprucing up in maybe the spawns (especially in TS) but this pack is great. Cannot wait for the next one.

Final score: 8/10

Pros
*New vehicles
*Large and unique map structures
*new challenges
*The addition of the Airship
*Mind blowing graphics

Cons
*TS Mode
*Takes time to adjust
*Less chance for infantry fights
*not enough vehicles to support the large maps

Note: I will try to do this with dlcs in games we play in the future.

here is my scoring system

10-7 = buy the dlc, it's worth it

6.75-4 = mixed bag, really depends on your personal preferences

3.75-1 = Not worth it, don't buy this piece of s**t

Last edited by wolfkeen on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 06:41; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 05:00

Good review Wolf and always good to see opinions about the new maps.
I agree with some of it and disagree with other things but it´s all about personal opinion Very Happy

thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 05:02

luckywolfert wrote:
Good review Wolf and always good to see opinions about the new maps.
I agree with some of it and disagree with other things but it´s all about personal opinion Very Happy

thanks for sharing.

if you disagree with anything, let me know. I'm always open to someone else's opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 05:14

Well. Just to summarize

Positive points for me:
- Map size
- Graphics
- Jet flying is great / covering behind mountains
- TS mode (I really like this one)
- Good sniping spots

Negative points:
- No room for infantry
- Terrible KDR / SPM's
- AC130 in rush games
- Not enough vehicles to spawn in/next to (except for TS)

I have a mixed feeling about AK. I prefer BTK and Close quarters atm.

I'd give it a 6/10

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 19:25

they should have added mbts to the maps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 19:42

Armored kill with not much Armor. Woulda been nice to see double the tanks on all the Maps. The four wheelers were just an afterthought to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 20:49

Nelson, I don’t play Battlefield but you obviously spent a great deal of time and forethought for you review. It`s these kind of things that make 4GC a great CLAN.

Thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills   A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills Empty

Back to top Go down

A Wolfs word (Review) - BF3 DLC Armored Kills
Page 1 of 1