Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Armoured Kill - Opinions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Sep 2012, 10:46

If you can't stand glitchers on PS3 then prepare for a whole new world of scumbag glitching hack bastards on PC!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Sep 2012, 11:43

Wint11 wrote:
If you can't stand glitchers on PS3 then prepare for a whole new world of scumbag glitching hack bastards on PC!!

+1

PC games are faulty because they are very easy to hack. Prepare yourself to play with people that have automatic shooting (aimbot) and no walls (wallhacks).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 02:17

First impressions of Armoured Kill. Fecking huge. I do like the maps though. Some of the scenery is incredible!

Rush
Don't even bother! The AC-130 is all conquering. And when you're all trying to take the damn thing down the enemy nip in and arm the M-Com. It even had Patrick (lucky) raging and he's a chilled out Dutchman! In conclusion, don't think I'll play rush on the new maps again.

Conquest
Much more like it! So long as you play the objective then it's enjoyable. You need to use a vehicle between flags but if you ever want a battle just stick around the AC-130 flag! Which is a very good idea as at least you have to earn the damn thing!

Gonna try the tank mode tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 02:33

I've played a few games last night.
I don't think the maps are too big. The quad can practically ride all train and you can get from point A to point B pretty quick. These maps weren’t designed for infantry but neither should one expect when it’s called ‘armored kill’.

I love to fly the jets now. The mountains can provide great cover when in a dogfight. Although I managed to crash the jet in those quite a few times and I still lose a lot of dogfights,

I think the AC130 is pretty easy to take down using stingers, soflam & javelin, heli's and jets. It needs to be protected by jets if it's going to be any good on conquest games.

Why on earth did they come up with the idea to put the AC130 on Rush (attacking side)? This baby can completely cover the M-com and can get massive kills near the M-coms. I found it really frustrating when you managed to defend the M-com by wiping a squad just to end up being killed by the AC-130 / death from above. I do think that some 4GC teamwork / practice eventually can make this fun.

I've played 1 full game of tank superiority and I just love it. It's fun, vehicles spawn very quickly and you can get lot of kills when flanking the main route. I also like earning new unlocks again.

Just to summarize: I love the new maps and game modes although I do think if will affect the SPM negatively (but I don't care about that Wink )

Wint11 wrote:
It even had Patrick (lucky) raging and he's a chilled out Dutchman! In conclusion, don't think I'll play rush on the new maps again
Defo + 1 for now Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 03:29

I played a couple of rounds of Rush yesterday as Ive been enjoying Rush on the older maps recently but have to agree with above the Rush on these maps sucks big time, its too far to the m-coms from the spawn area and the ac130 just makes it a joke.

I was having to spend 5 minutes running to the action only to get shot straight away by the ac130.

Definitely prefer Conquest or TS and I think Conquest is just ahead for me at present.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 05:07

Im loving Armored Shield and Bandar desert. Armored Shield would of been epic with the Abrams and T90's. Bandar Desert has great long range sniping possibilities. Im thinking most people arent liking it yet because of the mass confusion of the gameplay, I think a headset is a must on maps of that scale and you still seen tons of people without Mics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 05:25

BoondockS216 wrote:
Im loving Armored Shield and Bandar desert. Armored Shield would of been epic with the Abrams and T90's. Bandar Desert has great long range sniping possibilities. Im thinking most people arent liking it yet because of the mass confusion of the gameplay, I think a headset is a must on maps of that scale and you still seen tons of people without Mics.

Couldn't agree with you more. You could almost divide the map into sections and say A squad look after this side, B squad the other, etc etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 12:02

I love most of ak there are a few things i dont like first off they broke my scout chopper i have no laser painter now at all even if another service star dude is in the seat so the atg missile is shot for air

I am let down on the ac130, its a big slow lump in tyhe sky with the same path, they should have made it driveable so it can atleast TRY to evade crap and would make it so there had to be teamwork in using one between gunners and pilot. yea you'd have the occasional idiot ramming it into the ground but I could deal with that for a great crew. Oh and big dissapointment that I can not spawn in the ac130 and jump out the back james bond style

Love most of the maps, i'm not fond of how long it takes to get form the spawn points to the flags but eh OH the map with the snowy mountains russian side sucks donkey nuts getting into the fight, the paths out are too narrow and small not a time goes by i dont atleast nick something there or damn near get stuck on a tree branch

tank superiority mode is fun unless you get a team of retards that sit there or dont move up as a unit , they just randomly go up and get picked off one at a time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 13:08

Guys, since im the unfortunate one here that hasnt played AK yet could you give me a description (detailed!!) of how the AC130 works? What type of guns it has and so on? Please?

Make me drool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Sep 2012, 14:37

jONAY-_- wrote:
Guys, since im the unfortunate one here that hasnt played AK yet could you give me a description (detailed!!) of how the AC130 works? What type of guns it has and so on? Please?

Make me drool!

Well personally its one of the more depressing additions ( reason in my post above) but in conquest one of the bases has the ac130 icon on it, what ever team caps that flag gets the ac130. now say your team takes the base you get int he ac130, even if the enemy takes the base you still have the ac130 until it is destroyed ( then the enemies ac130 comes in) there is only ever one ac130 at a time

The ac130 has only 2 gun spots, each with two weapons , the first seat gets the big cannon, has a slow reload but is strong as a mfer, and it gets a top mounted aa gun the first seat also gets controll of the crafts only countermeasues the angel flares, the second seat gets a chain gun much like the chopper gunners gun ( exploding rounds etc) the second gun the second person gets is a top mounted aa gun turret which sounds exactly like the guns on an aa tank.

When your team has an ac130 in the air it is a mobile spawn point HOWEVER much of it's flight path ( you can not fly it at all) is so far away from the center of the fight or out of bounds it's not much help.

IN addition this thing is beyond slow, the ac130 has a combat speed of 240 mph in real life, this thing hardly beats a turtle. While the number 1 gunner does have flares and they do last a bit there are no other countermeasures nor a away to repair a damaged ac130. While it can take a descent pounding it's to slow to avoid anything. It's SO slow that I have bailed out over it in a jet, popped the chute and landed 6 pieces of c4 on it to blow it up ( in the words of the A-team, over kill is underrated)

All in all it's fun IF you can manage to live long enough to use it or actually lucky enough to get a seat in it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Sep 2012, 04:32

AK - it is what it says on the tin - if you like vehecles you will like the game and there in lies its problem for me - there is no place for infantry here.

Assualt - few infantry to kill and few to revive
Engineer - You can get partial (and kills if the last to hit a vehecle) with stinger and javalin but you will die a lot.
Support - few infantry to kill, hardly anyone to provide ammo for and you will die a lot. can c4 tanks but most tank drivers are savvie to that these days.
Recon - yes u can get points with Soflam but its easily detected and distroyed, few people to snipe.

On the whole if you play infantry you will die a lot for few kill opportunities.

On the Ac130 thing - offence - you will get kills until killed ,defence - if you work as ateam you can take it out (but you will die a lot first)

two biggest problems for me are Soflam too easy to detect and destry - At mines detectable, this would make the infantry role better.

What I have noticed in game play - people not spawning until they can get the vehecle of their choice, very few get a positive K/D rate.

Because of the low K/D and SPM rates I can see players leaving this mode in droves once the initial newness as worn off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Sep 2012, 14:25

I haven't got premium but when i get paid at end of month i'm getting it. I remember with BF2 Armored Fury expansion which i got it flopped & there was only a handful of servers that had players on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Sep 2012, 14:29

I actually get a lot of kills on foot as an engineer, my score per minute is slowly going up too at mines while detectable many really dont detect them, most drivers slam pedal to the metal to get where they are going, you throw a few mines in an area covered in debris in the right spots then you're damn near guaranteed kills. me chicken and another guy some of you have seen me play with zeus usually roll a engineer recon support mix, the soflam goes down we run away find a nice little nitch, ammo pack goes down and the party starts, worst that happens is the soflam dies but since we are sitting away from it and on a ammo pack it takes a few secs to run back over where ever and set it up. and even playing support , is fine booby trap a road with c4 driver drives over it and gets blown sky high. If you sit in the open like a pretty little peacock, then yes you should expect to die, a lot . The only place in ak that infantry really have a hard time is tank superiority however sometimes getting to the flag and unnoticed best way is on foot usually places to hide for a sec to cap it, its rare but ive seen it done on foot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Sep 2012, 15:23

I was excited about the AC130 Mad So that means you cant even fly it? What the hell is wrong with that? So it flies "automatically" in the same route every time???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Sep 2012, 15:41

jONAY-_- wrote:
I was excited about the AC130 Mad So that means you cant even fly it? What the hell is wrong with that? So it flies "automatically" in the same route every time???

Yep. It just flies big circles above the map. There is 1 flag that needs to be captured for your team to get in it. The team can only spawn in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Sep 2012, 19:14

yeap like a big lump on the log all slow and ominous like. I recently found out the second seat also has flares but im not sure if its 1 flare sharing a cool down or two sets of flares)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: re   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Sep 2012, 01:29

armored kill is a beautiful pack of maps I play always on bandhar desert
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Sep 2012, 04:10

Artef wrote:
yeap like a big lump on the log all slow and ominous like. I recently found out the second seat also has flares but im not sure if its 1 flare sharing a cool down or two sets of flares)

as far as i know its 2 sets of flares, thats why u gotta be able to communicate with whoever is in it with u
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Sep 2012, 07:30

yep there are 2 sets of flrares one for pilot an one for the gunner
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 01:16

cong wrote:
yep there are 2 sets of flrares one for pilot an one for the gunner

Not that they are really helping though. 2 or 3 runs at it with the jet's gun and it's gone anyway.

It is pretty impressive to see all those flares coming out. I think the graphics are great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 06:09

Artef wrote:
I actually get a lot of kills on foot as an engineer, my score per minute is slowly going up too at mines while detectable many really dont detect them, most drivers slam pedal to the metal to get where they are going, you throw a few mines in an area covered in debris in the right spots then you're damn near guaranteed kills.

+1

I find if I place 3 mines together you are guaranteed the kill if they get run over, of course some will be wise and blow them up but a lot wont Laughing 3 kills and a destroy is not to be sniffed at especially as its set and forget.

I am also getting on well with the Stinger Igla (spelling) finding it much more useful than before, just delay the first rocket till the flares are fired qand if no flares are fired then you know you have the 'destroy', just a shame you need two hits for a kill.

WOW the two new tank things one with the mini gun and the other with the pair of AA type guns is pretty cool too, they will both take down the AC130 from any range Shocked Also choppers and jets if they dont take you first Wink

Still to get the hang of the rocket launcher though, just one kill so far, so a lot more practice needed there for me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Sep 2012, 11:19

Sid Bonkers wrote:
Artef wrote:
I actually get a lot of kills on foot as an engineer, my score per minute is slowly going up too at mines while detectable many really dont detect them, most drivers slam pedal to the metal to get where they are going, you throw a few mines in an area covered in debris in the right spots then you're damn near guaranteed kills.

+1

I find if I place 3 mines together you are guaranteed the kill if they get run over, of course some will be wise and blow them up but a lot wont Laughing 3 kills and a destroy is not to be sniffed at especially as its set and forget.

I am also getting on well with the Stinger Igla (spelling) finding it much more useful than before, just delay the first rocket till the flares are fired qand if no flares are fired then you know you have the 'destroy', just a shame you need two hits for a kill.

WOW the two new tank things one with the mini gun and the other with the pair of AA type guns is pretty cool too, they will both take down the AC130 from any range Shocked Also choppers and jets if they dont take you first Wink

Still to get the hang of the rocket launcher though, just one kill so far, so a lot more practice needed there for me...

The aa tanks aint new :p they were in the game before few on rush one on conquest ( wake island). They are however a lot better. For a while there they did get hella nerfed, lowered damage they did to infantry and removed the ability to damage tanks, then removed their ability to cross water, yea it sucked. but now they are back and inf full force, while they wont win you a tank battle but if you get the drop on a tank. it was pretty fizzleducked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Subject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 08:39

Prefer the AK maps to similar ones in original release such as Caspian and Op Firestorm. Not a fan of those maps per-say. It's just shuttle running between flags.

In AK they've fixed this by providing enough vehicles and positioning the flags so that little hotspots appear during the match. I still find it quiet at times, but not as boring. Perhaps that's just because it is all new still.

So enjoying it, but suspect after a few weeks we'll be back to the traditional long slogging matches in the subways of Paris. Hope not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 08:56

Karkhand are still my favourite maps by miles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Sep 2012, 23:59

Just got premium & quite like it. The maps are massive & i seem to be just going all over the place at the min. TS is bonkers but CQ is great. My scores are awful but i have managed to bring down the AC130.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armoured Kill - Opinions   Armoured Kill - Opinions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Armoured Kill - Opinions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2