Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? Empty
PostSubject: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 05:24

I've never owned a PS3 before (sad I know) but now I do, so what are the all time best games I have to own?

I've always had a 360 so I'm more interested in the "PS3 only" type games but fire away anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 05:29

so ur leaving us too? Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 06:49

The uncharted games for sure, I never played the first one but I had the second one and it was brilliant! The 3rd one is due soon and big things are expected from it!
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 07:35

smashy66 wrote:
The uncharted games for sure, I never played the first one but I had the second one and it was brilliant! The 3rd one is due soon and big things are expected from it!

I agree with Smashy. If you own a PS3 you owe it to yourself to get the uncharted series. I've played and completed both (on normal) and have lately been thinking about going through it again on this gamertag. The first time I played through both was on another gamertag so now that I am using PSN:Iron_Shady, it's like I never played it. Uncharted 2 is when the multiplayer was added. I haven't played the multiplayer in a party yet. I'm not sure how it is going to handle it. The only reason I say this is because the couple of times I have played it, when the game was done I would be put into a new lobby with different people automatically. So round 2 is against different people!? Weird..I have to play it again to give a better review of it. Nonetheless....get Uncharted 2 at the very least. I wouldn't waste my money on BlOps if MW3 is right around the corner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 08:16

Rockburg wrote:
so ur leaving us too? Sad

Not a chance, I've got too many friends on Xbox that I love playing with. I really got it for the Blu-Ray/3D ability after getting a new 3D TV at the weekend but as it plays games I thought it would be rude not to really lol.

Xbox will still be my main console
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 08:25

Iron_Shady wrote:
smashy66 wrote:

I agree with Smashy. If you own a PS3 you owe it to yourself to get the uncharted series. I've played and completed both (on normal) and have lately been thinking about going through it again on this gamertag. The first time I played through both was on another gamertag so now that I am using PSN:Iron_Shady, it's like I never played it. Uncharted 2 is when the multiplayer was added. I haven't played the multiplayer in a party yet. I'm not sure how it is going to handle it. The only reason I say this is because the couple of times I have played it, when the game was done I would be put into a new lobby with different people automatically. So round 2 is against different people!? Weird..I have to play it again to give a better review of it. Nonetheless....get Uncharted 2 at the very least. I wouldn't waste my money on BlOps if MW3 is right around the corner.

Excellent, just checked it out on Youtube and looks good. Pretty sure I have seen a classics style pack with 1 & 2 in it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 08:37

It really depends on what genre you like but I'll try to make a little list for some "must haves PS3 only" games.

Uncharted 2
Arguebly the best PS 3 exclusive game with definately up to this date pretty much the best graphics (Only beaten by Killzone 3) of this generation. An interesting "Indiana Jones" story, great characters and pretty fast paced Third person shooter gameplay. A single player dream.
Uncharted 1 would be another good advice but Uncharted 2 is definately superior in any aspect.

God of War 3 (+ God of War HD collection)
If you like Hack'n'slay, you have to play the God of War series. Epic atmosphere, awesome graphics, superb action gameplay and the greatest anti-hero in gaming history. The game is like a rollercoaster ride.

Metal Gear Solid 4
The grande finale of the Solid Snake saga. Without the knowledge of MGS 1 and especially 2 the story is pretty hard to understand. However it still is an absolute epic ending in big time blockbuster hollywood style. The game has over 6 hours of cutscenes, best stealth gameplay and a nice mix of action and silent parts.

Heavy Rain
This game is truly unique eventhough there has been some arguments whether it actually still is a game or rather a "game-movie". The gameplay usually doesn't involve more than simple quick time events and the game defines itself with the story and dialogues. Depending on your actions and decisions the story evolves in a different direction. The story itself is similiar to the movie "seven". Truly interesting and a one of a kind game.

Killzone 2&3
Personally I love the Single Player campaigns of KZ 2 & 3. Both games offer pretty much the best graphics of the current generation, fast paced action gameplay, epic soundtrack and in general atmosphere and sound.
Definately the best choices in the First person shooter genre.

Little Big Planet 1 or 2
You definately won't need both games. It pretty much is just a basic platform Jump'n'run game but thanks to the community that creates non stop new levels, the game (especially LBP 2) has as good as no limits. You can find RPG games, sidescrollhooter, arcade racers, survival games and and and. Little Big Planet simply is what it says that it is.

Gran Turismo 5
Best racing simulation for the PS 3. There isn't really much to add. If you like racing games you'll love Gran Turismo 5.

Demon's souls
An action-RPG that where the line between satisfaction and frustration has never been so close together. The game is Insanely difficult but it never is really unfair. You can go through the game without even dying once if you have the right skills, the game isn't based on luck. The reason why it is so fascinating and addicting.

Should be enpough for now but especially the first 3 choices I posted are total must plays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 11:10

uncharted , killzone 3 (3d), Motorstorm apocolypse , God of War 1,2,3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 15:01

Killzone 2 & 3 are awsome, God of War Collection ( which is 1 & 2), God of War 3, Uncharted series, Infamous 1 & 2 are fun, Resistance:Fall of Man, and Resistance 2, Little Big Planet series. These are a good group of PS3 only games that I recommend to everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 18 Aug 2011, 18:42

MasterLlew wrote:
I've never owned a PS3 before (sad I know) but now I do, so what are the all time best games I have to own?

I've always had a 360 so I'm more interested in the "PS3 only" type games but fire away anyway.

affraid

By a secondary blops incase the first one breaks

lol!

Games other than COD? I don't play anything, but watched my son play the UC games, they are there good games.

Socom? sorry other than fifa and COD i aint got much of a clue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 08:21

Uncharted is cool. I played the beta for multi on Uncharted 3 and it was really good.

Little big Planet is great especially 2 as not only can you make your own levels but you can make your own movies too.

Killzone 2+3 are great especially when played in 3-d.

Ratchet and Clank... By far the real reason why I got a PS3. I love the series and with the new one coming out to play with 4 players and 3-d you can't go wrong.

God of War 3 is amazing

Twisted Metal is coming it was delayed until 2012

Infamous 1 +2 is fun to play

Fat Princes is a blast to play goo stuff but be sure to get the Fat Roles dlc

Sony has a lot more exclusives then xbox.... I have both but I only have an xbox for games like Halo and gears as I tend to get ps3 version of both console games
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 03:08

save up for some new games coming out. darksiders 2, mw3, assassins creed revelations. infamous and uncharted are nice though. im not sure that i would suggest killzone though, but thats because i hate the multiplayer setup and it looks grainy on the tv.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyWed 30 Nov 2011, 16:18

God of War 3 is a must play, as is Uncharted 2. UC2 is more like controlling a movie due to the set pieces in my opinion. As for other must plays I'm going to come out of left field and say both Ratchet and Clank games. They are shooter/platformers but the humor is fantastic in both the story and weapon design.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyWed 30 Nov 2011, 18:46

Metal Gear Solid 4 the best single player game of all time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyWed 30 Nov 2011, 18:49

This is a dead thread people!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyWed 30 Nov 2011, 19:19

The Dubanat0r wrote:
This is a dead thread people!

Ha Ha! Oops....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? EmptyTue 06 Dec 2011, 21:42

Call Of Duty and Battlefield of course Smile

I would also recommend buying homefront if you are in to those kind of games.

The hottest game out right now I believe would be Skyrim from the elders scroll series
this is a great game but trust me it will keep you going. I have a total of 50hours into it and I am still finding new swords ect.. it is a great long lasting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???   New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy??? Empty

Back to top Go down

New PS3 owner..... so what games do I have to buy???
Page 1 of 1