Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Sound Glitch Possible Fix

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Sound Glitch Possible Fix Empty
PostSubject: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 12:21

So I emailed EA about the sound glitch and they have come up with a response that I have snipped for your perousal. It may work, it may not but I will certainly give it a go. If it doesn't work I will email them back so let me know your results should you try it:

Sound Glitch Possible Fix Captur11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 13:12

having NEVER used my internet browser....do they REALLY think this will work?

Pfffff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 13:15

Sweet I will give this a try. Haven't got my hopes up as everyone has this issue on Xbox as well.
Thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 13:25

sizzlephizzle wrote:

Pfffff

Was thinking the same thing myself, only used it once and found it so slow Ive never bothered since.

But you never know so Ill give it a try...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 20:27

sizzlephizzle wrote:

Pfffff

They had the same problem with bfbc2 and it never got fixed. The way i see it is CoD has lag, BF has sound glitch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 22:33

This issue was supposed to be addressed in the last big patch (at least it was listed in the patch notes), and for me it got WAY worse right after the patch. I don't see how my internet browser history has anything to do with the sound in a disc based game, but i'll give it a shot. Can't hurt right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 09:02

I agree the internet browser should have no impact on this. It is a game engine issue.

PS. I got a response from their twitter @battlefield account, cos I worried it is going to ruin Armoured Kill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 09:34

Gonne try this tomorrow but I also don't think it has anything to do with the browser (didn't even know it had a browser) since the sound glitch mostly happens to all of us at the same time.

Thanks for contacting EA btw...If it doesn't work I'll also contact them.

cheers,
Lucky
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 09:40

Looks like the usual EA BS when ever you raise a problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 09:52

I agree it sounds like the usual IT cop out. I have no doubt they'll probably tell me to switch the PS off and on again next but as I said, if people do try this and let me know results and I will email back if it doesn't work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 09:54

Good effort Joe and thank you for getting out of your way but as the guys said above I really dont see the relation between the internet browser and the sound ingame... And I also dont think they will ever fix this glitch... Maybe on BF4??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 09:57

simjc wrote:

PS. I got a response from their twitter @battlefield account, cos I worried it is going to ruin Armoured Kill

I've tweeted them about it a couple of times now. First time they said they'd look into it. 2nd time they got me to email these people I got the instructions to delete cache and cookies from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 11:45

luckywolfert wrote:
since the sound glitch mostly happens to all of us at the same time.

Thats a very good point Lucky how can it be an individual players browser when it happens to everyone at the same time in a game???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyThu 30 Aug 2012, 16:22

lol random bullsh1t from ea to fix the sound glitch.......next they will tell you eject the disc, wipe it then restart lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 05:09

So, I think I get the fact that none of you believe this will work. However, I played Karkhand for a good couple of hours or more last night and had no sound glitch. I'm not saying it's definitely fixed and I need to play for a good few hours more till I can say for definite but first signs are actually quite promising. I think we've had enough debate as to whether this will work now so can people just stick to responding about their results if they do actually try the fix from this point onwards. Cheers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 07:03

Never thought watchin redtube on my PS3 would kick sound out on BF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 20:19

BoondockS216 wrote:
Never thought watchin redtube on my PS3 would kick sound out on BF

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Fix PS3 glitches   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 08:44

Hey guys.

Not sure about that EA post. Think you may have been fobbed off with that one.

Only known way to "clean up" your PS3 properly is this: http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/

It doesn't wipe your PS3 or anything, but it rebuilds the file system. Think of it like defraging your PC.

I'm not claiming to have done it myself mind you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 09:01

Well whether my email to EA coincided with a fix they did elsewhere I still have not had the sound glitch since I did their fix so it's definitely worth a go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 09:18

I think you may be right there. I've not noticed it yet in AK.

Although I still wish footsteps from behind were more consistent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyTue 11 Sep 2012, 11:20

dude i'll flat out say it i think ea customer service are a bunch of retards. I have had a problem as of late where no matter what it is some reason damavand peak freezes on me all the time now i cant play it at all, i spent 3 weeks back and forth with them one of their suggestions was was just that delete the cache... another idea was to delete the single player saved data.... another idea was to delete and reinstall the game finally i asked them if they think it could be my disk and i kid you not the stupid ass sends me a message saying something along the lines of after reading over our conversations i have concluded that it is your disk however since it is over 3 months old i can not help you good bye, i kid you not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 02:58

Lol should of said as alldisc should come with a warranty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 09:54

If you have a faulty/scratched/damaged game disc most companies will replace it for you. Some charge a nominal fee of say £10 and may want you to return your damaged disc.

Have you got a friends disc you could borrrow to test? At least you'd know.

If it is the disc, and EA won't help, see how much BF3 is 2nd hand. Or if you are on PC just torrent the ISO image.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 09:56

Like I said...£10 for a new disc: https://help.ea.com/uk/article/ea-uk-warranty-policy

Extract of relevant bit below including address etc.

Product Replacement:
If you meet one of the following criteria, you can send your product along with a nominal fee to Electronic Arts for a replacement product.

•The product is 90 days past the purchase date for console customers, 12 months for PC customers
•The product has been scratched, broken, or has been damaged in another fashion.
Electronic Arts will replace damaged media, current stocks allowing. The original media needs to be returned with a cheque, cheque or postal order for £7.50 per disc (for PC titles), and £10.00 per disc (for console titles), made payable to Electronic Arts Ltd.

Please remember to include full details of the defect, your name, address, email address and if possible a daytime telephone number where we can contact you. It is recommended you use some form of recorded or guaranteed delivery, we cannot be held responsible for software that does not arrive with us.

Our address is:
Electronic Arts
Customer Warranty
PO Box 1096
Guildford
GU1 9JN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 13:47

burnardburns wrote:
Or if you are on PC just torrent the ISO image.

As a PS3 clan, this is unlikely. Unless you mean torrent the PS3 BF3 Bluray ISO. Doubt he has a CFW PS3 though.

just buy another ps3 and see if it works on that. siiiiiiimplez!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sound Glitch Possible Fix   Sound Glitch Possible Fix Empty

Back to top Go down

Sound Glitch Possible Fix
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next