Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Recording Gameplay

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 12:47

Well I have been thinking about this for a while now but unfortunately can not justify the cost of a Hauppauge HD PVR and thought that the cost of a Dazzle or EzCap would just be a waste of money but then I saw this snide EzCap on the bay for £5.50 and thought what the hell.

It arrived this morning and I made a quick recording which Ive edited down to just a short clip and whilst the quality is not that good, I dont think its that bad for a fiver.

See what you think?

https://youtu.be/q5tC7v7gaiI
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 13:33

That's REALLY good quality mate - using Dazzle, VirtualDub ffdshow....I'm getting bad quality vids where you can barely read the letters in the "Flag circle".

You certainly can't clearly see which gun I am using when I kill someone.
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 13:56

For a fiver that is amazing pal! Great finding Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 05:23

Sid thats cool - how long does ot record/capture for
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 05:59

Yes good deal cheers
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 06:32

For the price I don't think you could ask for much else! Good find!
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 06:37

I think that's pretty good quality, especially for the price. I'd say that's a good find. Basketball
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 13:50

Thats Brill Quality - £5 or not!
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyMon 27 Aug 2012, 13:59

dang... thats just about as good as my pvr. do you get any lag while using it?
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 05:26

Dont get any lag as I still play on the TV. I split the signal to the TV and the Laptop I record on. The only problem is it only records in quite low resolution so I have to change the TV settings every time I want to record anything which is a pain the the ass. Also have to switch between HDMI and component cables.

I used the Debut Video Capture, Virtual Dub with ffdShow compression to record it and rendered it in Sony Vegas where I added sharpening and some colour correction.

I dont understand the tech side of it too much I just watched a bunch of Youtube tutorials and basically copied other peoples settings for pretty much everything.

The longer clips I record the harder it is to work with the file in VirtualDub, well it is on my laptop as its a bit old and not that powerful Dual Core 1.86ghz 4gb RAM. Then I have to transfer the file over to my desktop were I run the Sony Vegas as my desktop is more powerful.

I havent recorded much else as it is such a pain but Ill have to have another session soon as I do quite enjoy messing about with stuff like this.

I would still like a PVR though I'm not kidding myself over the difference in quality but like I said, for the money its pretty good.
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 11:30

Yep, pretty good quality for a Fiver.
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 13:01

the quality is good, but the audio seems a bit.... what's the word.... sounds like when you unplug your cable box when it gets loud
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 13:38

Sid Bonkers wrote:
Dont get any lag as I still play on the TV. I split the signal to the TV and the Laptop I record on. The only problem is it only records in quite low resolution so I have to change the TV settings every time I want to record anything which is a pain the the ass. Also have to switch between HDMI and component cables.

I have to do the same with my pvr, so that's just a necessary evil until a pvr comes out that can use hdmi
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 05:32

wolfkeen wrote:
the quality is good, but the audio seems a bit.... what's the word.... sounds like when you unplug your cable box when it gets loud

Funny you mention that as I have just bought a Y splitter cable so I can plug the two audio cables into the 3.5mm mic input jack on my laptop rather than the EzCap thingy so I can record the sound direct onto the laptop, which I have read gives a much better/clearer audio signal.

Yet to try it, but got my fingers crossed on this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 09:10

Sid hope ur on today to get some pics of us vid looks awesome get some team vids of us
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recording Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recording Gameplay   Recording Gameplay Empty

Back to top Go down

Recording Gameplay
Page 1 of 1