Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Headset broke :(

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Headset broke :( Empty
PostSubject: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptySat 04 Aug 2012, 20:30

I will be without a headset for a few days since the wires to the mic & voice shorted out. In my opinion I would advise people to stay away from Tritton since I have bought 2 headsets from them & both have broke within 2 months. Edit:The voice seems to be working now but I don't know for how long.

Last edited by OkamiGUNS64 on Sat 04 Aug 2012, 22:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptySat 04 Aug 2012, 22:35

Thanks for the headsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptySun 05 Aug 2012, 05:44

This is why I have two headsets.

my turtle beach is my main and my bluetooth is my back up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptySun 05 Aug 2012, 10:59

Funny that farhets tritton are broke too I just brought a cheap set of mad cats which a e'er e cheaper and haven't gone wrong
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptySun 05 Aug 2012, 13:09

Astro A40's FTW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptySun 05 Aug 2012, 14:20

@cong MadCatz owns Tritton so I guess that's why, I usually hear bad things about MadCatz. I think I'm just gonna go wireless with headsets from now on, I'll be getting the Sony Pulse Premium Headset when it comes out in October, but for now I'm gonna borrow my cousins headset since he has 3, I just need to wait for him to get back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptySun 05 Aug 2012, 17:48

yeah my tritton ax pros mic gave up Sad but after having a chat with them, they agreed to replace everything, although im still waiting for the replacement, was supposed to arrive by this weekend Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptyMon 06 Aug 2012, 17:50

i got a pair of tritton's about 1.5 yrs old. the sound in my left earphone is intermittent. i am about ready to break it open hoping to fix a loose wire...

i love the sound quality, but it looks like a lot of ppl get some crappy shit from them...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptyMon 06 Aug 2012, 21:02

@fjeena Do you have the 2011 model or the 2012 model because my AX720s mic went out first on the 2012 model, the 2011 model seemed better to me since the only problem i had was the right earcup shorting out.

@btail888 A temporary fix I used was twisting the inline controller until the cable on the headset end wrapped around the inline controller & taped the cable to the inline controller, I don't know if that would help you or not but it worked for me for 6 months until the right earcup completely gave out in February. I would go wireless in my opinion or buy Astros but I've never had any experience with Astros but I see some of our clanmates have Astro A40s so maybe they can help you if your headset quits working.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptyMon 06 Aug 2012, 21:10

I think mine is the 2012 model.. It might not be entirly trittons fault, as i tend to take the mic off a lot and may have sat on it a couple of times.. But thats still no excuse hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptyMon 06 Aug 2012, 21:21

If you have the knob on the inline controller then it's the 2012 model I believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptyMon 06 Aug 2012, 22:06

yeah mines the 2012 model
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 16:29

Update:Right earcup cutting in & out & my bluetooth quit working -_- My cousin will be coming back Friday so I will have a headset Friday or the weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptyTue 07 Aug 2012, 23:13

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( EmptyWed 08 Aug 2012, 16:13

OkamiGUNS64 wrote:

@btail888 A temporary fix I used was twisting the inline controller until the cable on the headset end wrapped around the inline controller & taped the cable to the inline controller, I don't know if that would help you or not but it worked for me for 6 months until the right earcup completely gave out in February. I would go wireless in my opinion or buy Astros but I've never had any experience with Astros but I see some of our clanmates have Astro A40s so maybe they can help you if your headset quits working.

i think i'm going to open her up and try to resolder any loose wires. and probably try to improve the strain relief on the cable. i'll post an update when i get to it. right now got my audio going to my 2.1 speakers but still use my tritton for voice chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headset broke :(   Headset broke :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Headset broke :(
Page 1 of 1