Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

I know im not the best but did i deserve that?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I know im not the best but did i deserve that? Empty
PostSubject: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 00:58

Hey guys i was playing dom last night and to be honest i was tired and struggling so not playing at my best. this one guy kept saying over the mic how crap i was now normally i would mute it but i ignored it and carried on. anyway this guy just went on and on and i ended up muteing him. anyway he got me thinking am i any good and the only people that can answer that honestly is you guys. so if you have played with me any change i could have your honest thoughts good or bad i dont mind as im trying to improve.]

cheers guys Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 02:12

To be perfectly honest, the main stat i look at is winning, but above and beyond anything, it's the enjoyment that takes place. If your enjoying it, then who cares? I don't think anyone lays blame at anyone's door, so even if your not that good (and i'm most definitly saying your not) then it's all good. I can score higher in TDM than people like inover, but my KDR is far less than his, this also includes me going negative, so it's misleading. So finishing high up in the lobby isn't always the answer.

If you feel you are struggling and want to improve, thats a different subject, my advice to you is to play the same game type as often as possible and try to absorb as much information on routes/spawn points whilst taking into acct the objective of the game. Also, try to find your style of play and best set up.

I haven't looked at your stats & won't, i just remember gaming with you atleast once and enjoying it.... long may it continue!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 04:34

Reaper, I actually rage quit after only a couple of minutes yesterday afternoon becuase the opposition kept saying I was rubbish. I usually mute everyone except my team members but for some reason I hadn't done this.

I look at it like this; before a boxing match the other guy tries to bring you down. If he can knock your confidence he knows there is a possibility he is going to beat you. That's what these kids do. It's all front.

I believe you should play the game the way you want to play it. If that means you prefer creeping around then do it. And don't forget, sometimes you have to change your weapons, style of play within a match depending on how the other team are playing in order to win that match. If the opposition are beating us I slow it right down so as not to give too many points away.

Like Viper, I haven't checked your stats and don't intend to. What I do know is that when we play together we have a lot of fun and we win most of our games.

Don't let these idiots put you off. I want you back on that battlefield, sharpish! X

Last edited by LadyHazard on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 04:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 04:45

VIPERMAN1 wrote:
To be perfectly honest, the main stat i look at is winning, but above and beyond anything, it's the enjoyment that takes place. If your enjoying it, then who cares?

Agreed, at the end of the day we game because we enjoy it and it's fun.

I think everyone here will agree that we have good and bad days on BLoPs (I had a real bad one last night), so I wouldn't be to hard on yourself about one nights gaming. Just enjoy the game, if you feel you're performing well then that's all that matters and as Viper says just keep practicing as even the most hardened of BLoPs players learns something new on the game by practising.

Ohh and don't worry what randoms have to say, most of them giving out the abuse would'nt have the balls to say anything to your face, they're just cyber warriors hiding behind a control pad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 05:19

I echo what every one is saying here. People in lobbies are a nightmare. They rock me and throw me off my game. My own hubby will say, "ph we are going to get our arse handed to us" and something as small as that will throw me completely off. (he does not do this anymore LOL)

So don't listen to what they say and mute them. These are the same bunch of kids who want to start race wars, are degrading towards women (calling them names or trying to pick us up), and pick on people any way they can to get the lobby's rocking. They get joy out of people arguing. They are immature little weasels and to anyone's face would never speak like that.

We all have bad nights, so no worries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 05:35

Reaper, I have a lot to say on this but I'm on my phone at the mo, so will post a proper response later. I will probably echo what everyone else has said, I especially agree with willow though, about them being little weasels. You can almost guarantee these people only feel really big when they're hiding behind their ps3's. If you came face to face with them they wouldn't have that same front!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 06:18

I think you just went to the core of this clan; mature gaming. If only those kids would GROW UP!
I do not care a thing about stats. I have played a few with you online, and I'll have you with me anytime covering my back. We all make mistakes, we all have our bad days. Nobody from this clan will ever judge you on that.

Let them rave; you're above that. If trying to pull you down makes them happy -shrugs-, whatever floats their boat.
Keep having fun, my friend!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 08:53

Reaper,

I think I know how you feel. This game tastes sweeter if you have a deacent K/D ratio.
I mean that it feels like sh*t when you get killed five times for every one you shoot.

Ask Inover to have a look at your gameplay. He has done this for me and I must say he had some great tips afterwards.

Some tips that I found usefull :

- Go looking where the action is, if you can't run and gun, camp where the action is.
- If money is not a problem, buy a set of surround headphones.
- have ten minutes of combat training before you start, just to get the fingers warmed up.
- apply the "dot of death", Inover will tell you all about it.
- Mute all exept 4GC so you don't get anoyed by dumbasses.
- as a crappy player myself, I find the Famas my best choice.
- exercise at "firing from the hip".

Hang tough, Baldy.
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 09:12

To answer the question .. NO you don't deserve that, no-one deserves to be spoken to like that ever, in any context, you should have used the report button post-game and of course mute them.

For sure no-one here cares, no-one in this clan is as consistenly rubbish as me (yes, I get the odd good game) but I still get game invites and am always made to feel welcome by my 4GC colleagues.

That said, its good to improve oneself and there is plenty of advice here on how to do that. I'm running with my Inover-dot-of-death at the moment to try and improve Accuracy.

Any issues / questions please PM Pro_Vantage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 09:18

Tired and gaming don’t got together my friend. If you feel tired then stop. It’ll affect your game.

When confronted with a loud mouth git (most are between 16-25) play them at their own game.
Say things like:-
Aren’t you that chap off the news who has a problem with an ingrown penus?
Or.
Does your mummy now that you’re playing adult games and that you’re going to report them.
If you find that you cannot comment like this then do what the rest of the clan does. Mute them or switch lobbies.

Reaper mate thinking you’re no good at Black Ops will only knock your confidence down which will affect our gaming. Take a look at LadyHazard. At first Lady was shit at Blops, but I’ll give Lady a lot of credit she stuck with it and found her own play style and now she can mix it up with the best.
It could be as simple as using the wrong playing style for the wrong game type. What I mean by this is if you’re aiming sucks then it’s no good running around like a headless chicken.
I’ll have a look at a few of your games when I log on tonight and let you know what I find.

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 09:28

Cheers inover, I think you have just given me a compliment. A rare moment indeed lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:13

Reaper, there's so much good advice on here from everyone, i think i'm jut going to repeat what everyone else has said but i'll say it anyway Laughing

First of all, play for your own enjoyment, and don't listen to what some idiot (keeping this clean as i possibly can Laughing ) has to say! That's what's great about this clan, there's a variety of skill levels within the clan but everyone plays for the same reason, for fun! of course we all love to win but no one is going to have a go at you for a bad game/night! (i have plenty)

I don't care for stats to be honest, i might have a look at my own or someone elses purely out of interest but i certainly don't judge someone by them! For example, if you like playing dom you can contribute loads to the team by making lots of captures and defends, but this can result in a lot of deaths! Hence your K/D ratio can look really poor, someone can take a look at that alone and decide that you're a bad player, well more fool them! they don't know what games you play or how you play!

I always mute randoms buddy, i only want to hear from clan members or friends. If i don't i know i'll bite and end up saying stuff that i'd regret! Again EG a few nights ago, need for sleep an i were playing dom, we got thrown into a game aginst another team full of another clan! The game was already well under way, my first words to need were "we're going to be up against it here buddy" when we joined the enemy already dominated all three flags, they had a blackbird up, dogs out, and a chopper gunner going! The first thing i did was kill 3 attack dogs bounding towards me! No surprises the game ended quickly after we joined! I think i died 3 times but managed to get 2 kills, and need was very similar. Obviously when the game ends you can hear what the enemy are saying if they're on mics! I couldn't believe it when i started to hear.. "haha how crap is he? 3 deaths and no kills, oh and him 3 deaths and 2 kills! ha ha they're shit!" WE'D ONLY JUST JOINED, that must have been obvious!!!! I had a few choice words which i wont repeat, and then left the lobby before i heard their response. I think need stuck around for a little bit longer and took a little bit of abuse from them affraid

I know how you feel, i have had many bad nights and it's hard not to let it knock your confidence. The best thing to do is to get back up, dust yourself down and get back out there. Don't let gobby little idiots, who have nothing better to do, get to you. That's exactly what they want!

also, i hate playing with randoms now since i've had the pleasure playing with the clan! Even though no one takes it too seriously, just the coms and knowing how each other plays really helps. Def winning alot more matches being in a team with the clan rather than being in a team of randoms.

As for improving, like yourself i'm always looking to improve! The best advice i can give you is to scan you tube looking for vids on hints and tips! There's quite a few out there with decent players showing their best games with commentary explaining how they did it. this i've found very helpful.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:42

Having never owned a PS3 I'm guessing you don't have party chat? On XBOX if you go into party chat everybody else gets muted.

This for me was one of the real positives in Black Ops over MW2 where with MW2 no party chat was allowed.
Back to top Go down
Banshee1971
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Banshee1971

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 12:06

I cant stress this enough...ITS A GAME... I am a horrible player. I play to have fun. If some idiot says im a crappy player I thank them for their input (and then tell em where to put there input!!) I just like playing the game and laughin how bad i am with my clan mates, and other freinds. Never worry if you are actually good. Rock on!!!!! pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 12:47

Yeah you did not deserve that at all. That is the reason that 99% of the time I mute everyone in the lobby that was not in the party. I hate the trash talking and I have noticied they longer I listen to it (while getting upset) the worse I play. Never had the pleasure of gaming with you yet but hopefully here in the future I will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 21:22

Ok Reaper I’ve had a look at a few of your games mate and here is what I found.

The most common mistakes your making ( not hip-firing enough, not looking at your map, not looking in them corners, running blindly past an open door or window, not pulling back to reload, not healing yourself before moving on, not looking were your going (Bang claymore), not using the right perks or guns for the job in hand, trying to change your guns and perks because you are losing instead of changing your tactics, going back for that revenge kill ) are the same mistakes more experienced gamers make but your making lots more of them. Crying or Very sad

Now your accuracy is sound so I do see hope in your future and by the time you have prestige a few more times, you should only be making half the mistakes that you now make. Very Happy

The best tip I could give you is to look at other clan members matches with the same gaming style as yourself, look to see what they’re doing right and what you’re doing wrong and try copying their perks and guns. Cool

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know im not the best but did i deserve that?   I know im not the best but did i deserve that? Empty

Back to top Go down

I know im not the best but did i deserve that?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan 4GC :: Infinite Warfare :: Infinite Warfare Videos-
Jump to: