Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

WiFi V direct connection

Go down 
AuthorMessage

WiFi V direct connection Empty
PostSubject: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 07:39

Hi all - any views on the above, I am Wifi connected and sometimes feel its a dissadvantage, I feel I out react and start shooting peeps first and even give them a good few rounds before them but get out gunned (although at overall 9% accuracy could be I am just a crap shot).

As anyone changed to direct and noticed a differance affraid

Last edited by PDTWN on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 08:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 07:52

PDTWN wrote:
Hi all - any views on the above, I am Wifi connected and sometimes feel its a dissadvantage, I feel I out react and start shooting peeps first and even give them a good few rounds before them but get out gunned (although at overall 9% accuracy could be I am just a crap shot).

Yes i have i ran wireless for about a year and just now about Feb 2012 for direct and it is 10000x wayyy better. If you can get it i would for sure do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 11:33

PDTWN wrote:

Wifi is rubbish. pure n simple. I have spent money on power line adapters rather than wifi dongles and they're 300 times better than wifi.

Here's the info you need : Steaming a film via WIFI = sometimes pixelated/sometimes stop n start.
via cable, same movie : Seemless!

That's why so many people have issues downloading updates from PSN. They complain it's slow but stick it on a cable connection and you get your update in seconds!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 12:01

wifi is ok but it has its limits, you get more use of your speed if you direct connect and sometime the network cards for wifi actually slow the connection speed to your computer down ( ie I have 3mbs internet but only getting 1mbs on wifi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 15:09

I changed from wifi to cable when I had issues with Black ops a while ago. The lan gave me serious problems with gaming. After switching to cable i didn't have any problems anymore.

The stupid thing in my case was that my wifi router stands on top of the PS3 so I don't understand why I used wifi in the first place Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 16:10

luckywolfert wrote:
I changed from wifi to cable when I had issues with Black ops a while ago. The lan gave me serious problems with gaming. After switching to cable i didn't have any problems anymore.

The stupid thing in my case was that my wifi router stands on top of the PS3 so I don't understand why I used wifi in the first place Embarassed
HAHAHA!

Clever Wolfy!!!
Facepalm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 16:24

PDTWN wrote:

What you're asking is "What's better.....This:
WiFi V direct connection Imag0419
or This?
WiFi V direct connection Product4__55354_zoom"

I'd go with skittle coloured hardware anyday Smile

PS, Yes I really did just open up a PS3 60gb to show you the wifi antenna Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 17:39

Just a little extra tidbit:

The only difference (in theory) between the 2 is stability.

A wireless connection may drop out from time to time. This is normally due to interference, distance from router and/or crap hardware (the free router you get from your ISP generally have sub-par antenna's in them, although I think the new BT one's are good).

Your actual speeds when connected on the other hand should be the same.

It usually comes down to location, if your ps3 is near the router you'd be better off going for wired, but if it's too far away you should be fine with wireless.

In terms of in-game connection/speed you aren't disadvantaged by playing wirelessly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: WiFi advice   WiFi V direct connection EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 08:58

Thanks all for advice - will definately change to direct connection in next couple of weeks.

Siz - youre mental taking your box apart to show me but while you have it open could upgrade HDD from 60gb.

Mania112 - you need some help with that smile mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 09:11

I had the same problem playing call of duty so I hard wired for bf3. I run hardline to a router which runs from my modem. Net Gear router and garbage time Warner cable company modem. Would I be better off buying my own Modem which would be better and getting rid of the router?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WiFi V direct connection   WiFi V direct connection Empty

Back to top Go down

WiFi V direct connection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan 4GC :: New Members (MFD)-
Jump to: