Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

GAME Going out of business

Go down 
AuthorMessage

GAME Going out of business Empty
PostSubject: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 01:04

Hi Guys,

Not sure if you have heard, but it look likes GAME may be going out of business in the next 2 weeks.

Due to various bank issues and a very big rent bill due in 2 weeks, they may have the administrators being called in ahead of closure in a fortnight.

At the moment they have alot of cut price games and consoles on the shelf trying to get themselves out of thier current problem.

So i thought it might be a good idea to check any Loyalty cards or gift cards you may have laying around and use them before the company closes, and you lose your money.

Happy Camping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 01:49

what game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 02:33

GAME is a retailer in the UK

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 07:51

oh ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 07:56

not surprised - the cost of new games are always more expensive than other retailers
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 08:56

I think thats a shame, another High Street name bites the dust.

Any issues / questions please PM Pro_Vantage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 14:13

It is a shame if GAME does close its stores as GAMESTATION is a subsidiary of GAME and those stores too will subsequently close. Ive used both stores for trade in facilities and they will be sadly missed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 14:32

So do I,

Some tools me today, ASDA are now doing trade ins?

Anyone else heard this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 14:43

yeah my local ASDA do trade-ins.

It's not going to be long until you can't buy games/music anywhere on the high street - and only in supermarkets.

I've not bought a game other than MW3 for a long time. Lovefilm is such a cheaper alternative.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 18:59

well I guess this thread should be sufficient and I don't need to create a new one.

in any case it's said that today game.uk will start their "2nd round" of their massive sale. Now I don't know if it'll be only instore or also online.

If first I'd like to ask any of the UK guys if it would be possible for you to get some of the stuff for me and ship it to Germany.
Of course I'd pay the shipping cost.

Now I also have 100% positive feedback on ebay and I hope that I'm trust worthy enough for such a little favor.
However like I said I'm not sure if I truly will need it or not but if they once again sell things like skyrim collectors edition 30 pounds, space marine limited edition 3 pounds, arcana heart limited edition 3 pounds, deus ex augmented edition 3 pounds, assassins creed revelations, collectors edition 20 pounds etc.
I'd certainly like to give a rather "big" order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 21:56

@gent-zer0 wrote:
You don't say, but when will you have time to play these games as your needed on MW3 you killing machine. Twisted Evil

Got "Space Marines" and it's one bloody game. Blood everywere but the best part of the game are the executions. Twisted Evil

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012, 06:25

I went to game to put a deposit down for fifa street and they said we have lost our contract with ea. thats a big loss for GAME.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012, 07:48

I haven't used Game or Gamestation for ages. Cheaper to use Amazon or Play and you get it delivered to your door! Makes no sense to use them. Amazon also do trade-in now as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012, 08:00

inover wrote:
@gent-zer0 wrote:
You don't say, but when will you have time to play these games as your needed on MW3 you killing machine. Twisted Evil

Got "Space Marines" and it's one bloody game. Blood everywere but the best part of the game are the executions. Twisted Evil

I wouldn't play them but sell immediately on ebay or amazon myself.
If I'd live in the UK I'd habe bought 4 or 5 Playstation 3 slim + Assassins Creed Revelations bundles (99 pounds) and immediately sell them as well.
It's easy money.

Not sure what they offer in stores but their new online offers are rather bad.
I'd still appreciate if any of you could check a store and maybe take a look what they offer there.
Back to top Go down
hotwtrmusic
Sergeant Sp x3
Sergeant Sp x3
hotwtrmusic

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012, 08:16

i sold back my PS3 at Game and they wouldn't give me cash because I wasn't a UK resident. store credit only. that was awesome. i ended up getting two playstation move controllers and the eye, which i still have not used.... should have brought it to HMV, but oh well.... glad to see them go down the drain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012, 08:39

@gent-zer0 wrote:
inover wrote:
@gent-zer0 wrote:

I wouldn't play them but sell immediately on ebay or amazon myself.
If I'd live in the UK I'd habe bought 4 or 5 Playstation 3 slim + Assassins Creed Revelations bundles (99 pounds) and immediately sell them as well.
It's easy money.

Not sure what they offer in stores but their new online offers are rather bad.
I'd still appreciate if any of you could check a store and maybe take a look what they offer there.
I have a friend who thought like this. So off she went to the bargain shops and the pound shops and bought lots of things. Next day she banged the lot on ebay and waited for the "easy money" to roll in. A couple of weeks later I asked her how she'd done. Not very well was the answer, in the end she giving away what she had bought as christmas presents.

What I'm saying here Patrick is that not every story has a happy ending so be careful.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business EmptyWed 14 Mar 2012, 08:59

Believe me I'm really experienced with that sort of stuff.
My whole school life I haven't been working and yet I pretty much always was able to buy what I wanted mostly beceause I knew what stuff people want/need and where I can get it for them for this and that price.
Since I'm 14 this is the way I was always earning the money I needed at least till I started to work.
It's maybe also the reason why I owned so far 9 Playstation 2s, 4 Xbox, 3 gamecubes, 14 Playstation 3s (5x faulty 60GB versions) , 3x 360s and 7 Wiis.
Especially any sort of exclusive collector edition of DVDs or games are worth 3-5 times their price in the USA or Japan.

However I mostly made some money with games, DVDs and handys since the investment risk never was that big. As a student paying 80+ €s for anything simply always was a lot of money no matter how much I'd gain afterwards.

If you do it right, easy money is easy money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAME Going out of business   GAME Going out of business Empty

Back to top Go down

GAME Going out of business
Page 1 of 1