Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Yesterday's session....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Yesterday's session.... Empty
PostSubject: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 07:35

Good to get in a game with Bernie, Madson & Sharky for the 1st time. Up untill i got kicked from Hanoi and them my PS3 was playing up, we were playing very well with a full team. Not that it matters, but dont think anyone in the first 5 games went negative on there KDR's.

I hope no one muted me? I'm trying not to speak much unless im giving an enemy location away* but am conscience or the no of times i say "no way" or "Really?"

Again, a great session.

Just for reference, if anyone was asking me questions in the lobby's and got no answers, i was probably running to my balcony to smoke or tring to convert more game play for my next vid. I think ive got some cracking footages from your fileshares.

*Another point to note, people refer to the map grid references, particularly ladyHazard but i don't check these, but will definatly try. Then there are times i try to call out an enemy location, but get stuck spitting it out cause i think no one will know where i am talking about.
Ill see if i can get some maps up with the grid reference points and names, so we have a better understanding or will know in future where someone is talkign about.

Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 07:46

I use Grid references as I can't for the life of me get my words out to say where I am quick enough .. there are the obvious ones but for most it just doesn't come fast enough to me. If others were using the same terms though I would probably learn through hearing it much easier.

Any issues / questions please PM Pro_Vantage
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 07:56

In my humble opinion I beleive it is much better and more specific to call out enemy positions using the landmarks/call outs on the map then using grid references. We have all been playing Blops long enough that we should be able to recognize these call outs for the most part. If we were playing Havana would you rather here 'yellow dumpster' or 'C3'? If I heard C3 Id have find a place to hid, hit the start button on bring up the map, figure out where C3, and then hit start again to resume game play. Hopefully I haven't died by then. I just find that the grid references aren't specific enough. If you look at C3 on Havana, it covers the whole mid-main street (Dom's B flag). The yellow dumpster is tucked in a corner and I probably might not look there if a grid reference was used.

Yesterday's session.... Shady_10
Yesterday's session.... Pbucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 07:56

yeah was good few games last night apart from the first one on summit had so much framerate lag on that map when i host grrr still went positive did u get anything from my fileshare ? well have to go through some shout outs if peoplewant check tmarts vids on youtube there quite helpful i know most of the old maps quite well not so much the new ones
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 08:10

Yeh, got some of your fileshare footage. I liked the trip kill on SnD. Question though, the ninja defuse seemed to take ages. Cant you start defusing as they are planting? so in quick succession you here bomb planted, then within a second (2 max) you then here bomb defused? i've not done this since MW, so i'm not sure. Some nice footage in there mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 08:22

i think u have to wait until its completly planted but im not sure i dont play much snd (not my game type hate waiting) so havent trial the ninja defuse some of its okay i forget to put my stuff i fileshare when ive done summit crazy like that thanks tho some of its just luck like the across nuketown buildings ballistic knife on my gun game one lol
Back to top Go down
Bernie-_-Lomax
Battlefield Friends
Battlefield Friends
Bernie-_-Lomax

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 08:30

most building in Blops have numbers painted on them. I perfer calling out by Dom Flags, even in other game modes. IE left C heading to B. if they are flat out camping, then something like room right of A.

last night we had some good games. the epic comeback down 100 to 50 and winning 200 to 150 was sweet. of course i get a lucky Gunship carepackage when the game is at 198 points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 08:43

suppose thats a way normally i use what the place looks like and domanation flags to so either way suppose it depends what u feel more comfortable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 12:04

Shady, I used C3 on Kowloon as that is what we said when I was playing with my American friends. Some would say monkey room, but as the monkey room is the only building in C3 it dosen't really matter which you say.

As for other maps, I agree with you, a grid reference is not sufficient.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 12:43

i think to be honest once we play together on domination for certain amount of time well learn each others call outs the only thing on dom we need to watch how far we push the spawns Smile
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 13:21

LadyHazard wrote:
Shady, I used C3 on Kowloon as that is what we said when I was playing with my American friends. Some would say monkey room, but as the monkey room is the only building in C3 it dosen't really matter which you say.

As for other maps, I agree with you, a grid reference is not sufficient.

Sorry Lady...I wasn't picking on anyone. I used C3 as a reference because the first thing that came to mind when typing my original message was 'yellow dumpster' on Havana and when I looked it up it just happened to be C3.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 14:20

lmao I'm in the process of downloading all the maps.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 14:25

I'd email them to you if it wasn't such a pain in the butt! I remember when I first met madson67 I think black ops just came out and I colour copied all the multiplayer maps for her from my strategy guide. I still have them but I think it took like 10 emails to get them all to her. If you want them...I'd make the exception and send them to you Wink I only have the original maps though. None of the new map packs.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 14:28

That would be wonderful if you wouldn't mind doing it for me. The opnes I have found aren't all that great.

My email (it's not a secret) is LadyHazard1@live.co.uk.

THANK YOU! cheers
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 14:52

They are on the way! I wonder if it is possible to put these PDF's up on the site for others to see. Maybe if someone is ambitious enough, they could write in all the call outs for us all to get familiar with. I think you can get something like this on the GB site if I'm not mistaken.

***Actually Lady...the messages I just sent are starting to come back to me. I wonder if you need to empty out your inbox to make room for these. The only one that has returned to me so far is email 1 of 6. Let me know if you get any of them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 15:42

I was looking at these aswell, there are good ones like these.

Maybe the size of the files are too big?

Cant you transfer files on a website?

Yesterday's session.... SummitGridref

Yesterday's session.... Summit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 15:47

those are pretty decent to be honest youve just gotta come up with ur own comfortable ones i think anyway if some of you wanna go through some i know some of the maps we can start on firing range thats prob the easiest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 20:30

The first ones you put up are the same as the ones I downloaded. I do have some that show spawn points, where flags are etc but there's only a couple. The website I got them from never updated the rest.

I like the second one better. It names the buildings. Do you have a link please?
Back to top Go down
knightcold
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
knightcold

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... EmptyFri 08 Jul 2011, 20:35

Ive always found it easier to use the flag spots on domination as a reference point. To me it seems easier knowing 3 spots and using that a a reference than a specific item. Or maybe i just dont pay that much attention to objects lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday's session....   Yesterday's session.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday's session....
Page 1 of 1