Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

The end of youtube gaming?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The end of youtube gaming? Empty
PostSubject: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyMon 04 Jul 2011, 13:14

Here is a video for all the 4GC clan that post videos on youtube should check out. This bill they are speaking of could be the end of gaming. Sorry if this has been posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ApwhqXBC4w
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyMon 04 Jul 2011, 14:21

Interesting...
Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyMon 04 Jul 2011, 16:44

But I've only just got a capture card .. and I'm too old for prison!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyMon 04 Jul 2011, 17:03

i wonder how this effects us in Canada since our copyright laws are different than the US. Example, it is legal to download, but you are not permitted to upload.

interesting that the Government is wanting to regulate this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyMon 04 Jul 2011, 19:38

Pretty much just reinforces what youtube has for rules about music. If you dont use royalty free music, you bet your channel will be shut down. Cant blame the music industry on that, they just want profits on what they created.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyTue 05 Jul 2011, 04:13

I have never had a YouTube channel shut down for using copyrighted music.

I once had the music removed from a video and they guided me toward their free music section, but usually they just give you a copyright notice and guide the viewers to iTunes to buy the song.

I have had a channel shut down for abuse of TOS (terms of service), but that was to do with my political persuasion. I had no warning, they just shut it down, meaning I lost over 2 years hard work. I now back everything up just in case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyTue 05 Jul 2011, 06:55

to be honest think this only affects US youtubers i think anyway cuz the senate only rules over US not UK or Canada even tho youtube is an american company but we will see
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyTue 05 Jul 2011, 08:58

Money talks. Simples.

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bernie-_-Lomax
Battlefield Friends
Battlefield Friends
Bernie-_-Lomax

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? EmptyThu 07 Jul 2011, 10:56

right now if you use copyrighted music it just sets a link to buy it and puts a ad banner on your video that you get no profit from. as long as you are not making money off your site you should be fine as far as jail goes. Activision keeps COD at the top because of youtubers, so I really don't think they would shut down anyone, unless it was leaked info or how to cheat info. basically unpaid youtubers are free advertising for both games and music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of youtube gaming?   The end of youtube gaming? Empty

Back to top Go down

The end of youtube gaming?
Page 1 of 1