Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

PS3 Troubles

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 17:44

Been having a few problems with my PS3 tonight. It either freezes up mid game and I have to turn it off or I've been kick out mid game with a blank screen and the message "Disk Read Error".

So off I went onto youtube to see if anyone else was having the same problems and was confronted with 1001 reasons why I was having this trouble and 1001 ways to fix it. I tried half of the ways to fix it but to no avail. So out came the hammer and while I was threatening it with the hammer I also shook it violently and guess what, it works. Very Happy

So violence does solve some things.

Happy Killings..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 17:55

don't know, the freezing part could be something of bleutooth messing around with ur wifi connection?

Anyway, ive had something very strange today also. All of a sudden there came a loud buzzing sound out of my headset. I put the headset off, and it came true my speakers. It was like wtf??

Then i pushed the start button, and the sound was over...... Very very weird.
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 18:06

I have had the wierd sound thing, buzzing (repeating sound or whatever) come out of my 5.1 system. A little disconcerting, but it generally sorts itself out after around 5 secs.

Now the disc error. HD or bluray? Checked that your bluray (game disc) is nice and clean. It does constantly read this.

Otherwise, guess you've used the PS3's boot recovery system. See

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/2252774

Do a checkdisk first "Restore file system". If that doesn't work then do a re-index of the file system/db "Rebuild Database".

Hope you don't have to resort to a sledgehammer.
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 18:32

simjc wrote:
I have had the wierd sound thing, buzzing (repeating sound or whatever) come out of my 5.1 system. A little disconcerting, but it generally sorts itself out after around 5 secs.

Now the disc error. HD or bluray? Checked that your bluray (game disc) is nice and clean. It does constantly read this.

Otherwise, guess you've used the PS3's boot recovery system. See

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/2252774

Do a checkdisk first "Restore file system". If that doesn't work then do a re-index of the file system/db "Rebuild Database".

Hope you don't have to resort to a sledgehammer.
I also read these but didn't want to do any of these as some take time and some wipe the PS3 and I have NO PATIENCE. Think my way has worked but if it happens again in the next couple of days then I'll have to find some patience and do these things.

Thanks for your help and

Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 18:56

I've had both of those things, the sound and the disk error. I've only had the disk error once and that was a couple of weeks ago now. It has never happened since. I've had the sounds blare in my ears and scare the living s*** out of me a couple of times. But it usually goes back to normal after a few seconds. Very strange. I wonder if the problem could be the game. There is already so much wrong with it, why not this? Laughing

PS3 Troubles Shady_10
PS3 Troubles Pbucket
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyMon 23 Jan 2012, 20:41

yea i have gotten the loud buzzing sound also but other than that nothing really..
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 02:36

I've experienced the buzzing and I've noticed it seems to accompany fairly large air support like juggernaut cp's and pavelows. However it does appear to go away after 5-10 seconds.
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 03:02

I've had the loud sound quite a few times. I'm sure it's the trittons, just pull out the USB and plug it back in. Normally works instantly for me
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 03:21

iPlaYYa wrote:
I've had the loud sound quite a few times. I'm sure it's the trittons, just pull out the USB and plug it back in. Normally works instantly for me
Thought it was me smoking to much green. Thank f*ck for that.

Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 03:31

No that's what causes them voices you hear
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 03:39

iPlaYYa wrote:
No that's what causes them voices you hear
Don't think so my friend as I've been talking to god all my life. "Yes father". God says "Don't change the f*ucking question". He also watches films.

Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 03:48

Lol!
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 04:09

Check you tube not sure which it is but press hold eject or the power button or both together this will kick the fans in and blow all the dust of your system hope his helps
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 04:17

Mav wrote:
Check you tube not sure which it is but press hold eject or the power button or both together this will kick the fans in and blow all the dust of your system hope his helps
Did that Mav. As I said I tried half of the remedies I found on youtube that didn't take more than a hour to do or included formating me HD.

I've used the Hammer technique before on unanimated objects and the living and it's funny it's always worked. Suspect

Thanks for the tip my friend.

Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 04:27

It didn't work on my controller! I smashed it agains the wall not once but twice! It made it worse can you believe??!
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: buy a new one   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 04:39

i had the same problem and it only got worse so i trade it in at gamestation, and use the money to buy a new ps3 easy, thats what i did i got £110 for my old ps3, new ps3 cost £179.99 i only paid £69.99. Wink
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/playstation-3/sony-playstation-3-160gb-ps3-slim/_/PX6126/productpage.html

Last edited by WhoDaresWins_1 on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 04:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shop info)
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 04:52

WhoDaresWins_1 wrote:
i had the same problem and it only got worse so i trade it in at gamestation, and use the money to buy a new ps3 easy, thats what i did i got £110 for my old ps3, new ps3 cost £179.99 i only paid £69.99. Wink
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/playstation-3/sony-playstation-3-160gb-ps3-slim/_/PX6126/productpage.html

Thats good, Game are trading at £90 for your old one and £199 for the new.
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 04:55

iPlaYYa wrote:
It didn't work on my controller! I smashed it agains the wall not once but twice! It made it worse can you believe??!
That's because you used a "wall" my friend.

Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyTue 24 Jan 2012, 21:21

Am still having troubles with me PS3 and having found some patience I did a "Restore file system" and it said that my "HD is corrupted". So restored file system and off I went gaming. It froze on me twice in lobbies so did a "Restore file system" again and it said the same thing "HD is corrupted" ahhhh. Didn't have anymore troubles after that but we'll see what tonights gaming brings.

Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012, 01:50

I'll speak to a mate who fixes ps3's an get his opinion but I think it's probably a dodgy hard drive in there

If you replace it it's very easy and replacement can cost between £30-£80 depending on the size & brand of hard drive u get

Search YouTube for a tutorial on how to replace it if it's something you could do then search for a new drive and when it's arrived replace :-)

Hope this helps?
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012, 12:31

i've fixed loads of ps3's from ylod and other faults but no matter what you do to try and repair it, it will always come back to haunt you.. Evil or Very Mad

As jason said trade it in and get a new one job done then.. Wink
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012, 19:09

Briggsy2381 wrote:
I would but have a couple of problems.
First I have removed the void sticker and yes it now says void.
Seconed I don't have a spare pound never mind 100 pounds.

I'll have a go at fixing it properly at the weekend and if worse comes to worst I can always go back to fishing.

Thanks everyone for the help and tips.

Back to top Go down
The Management
General
General
The Management

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 02:43

inover wrote:
Briggsy2381 wrote:
I would but have a couple of problems.
First I have removed the void sticker and yes it now says void.
Seconed I don't have a spare pound never mind 100 pounds.

I'll have a go at fixing it properly at the weekend and if worse comes to worst I can always go back to fishing.

Thanks everyone for the help and tips.

Arran - I have a spare PS3 - you are welcome to look after it for me - currently it sits in a cupboard, a 'threat' to my partner - you know the story - anyways it may aswell sit in your house as mine if you need it. If worst comes to worst thats our fallback.

Any issues / questions please PM Pro_Vantage
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 02:59

If arrans car is as thirsty as mine it would be cheaper to get a ps4
Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 03:37

Bennnym wrote:
If arrans car is as thirsty as mine it would be cheaper to get a ps4
Dont you mean "If Arran had a car". Very Happy

EnglishRose62 wrote:
Arran - I have a spare PS3 - you are welcome to look after it for me - currently it sits in a cupboard, a 'threat' to my partner - you know the story - anyways it may aswell sit in your house as mine if you need it. If worst comes to worst thats our fallback.
Thanks for the offer Mandy and it's very very kind of you but that's your fallback. I'll fix it if it kills me and I can always sell me guns what with me bad ankle I can't go shooting like I used to. Lucky rabbits.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS3 Troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Troubles   PS3 Troubles Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 Troubles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan 4GC :: Infinite Warfare :: Infinite Warfare Videos-
Jump to: