Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Video games are my version of books :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Video games are my version of books :)  Empty
PostSubject: Video games are my version of books :)    Video games are my version of books :)  EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 00:10

For those that know me im sure you all know i will play any game i can get my hands on. To me games are just like books only with an interactive story. Every disc i put in or psn game i download is a new adventure just like a book u would buy at your local bookstore.

So why am i rambling on you ask? Well i know we all play CoD or Battlefield but there are so many more things to experince in gaming then just first person shooters. I'd like to know what other playstation 3 or psn games you guys have really liked or hated. Most games now a days have many diffrent ways to arrive at the end and sometimes the ending can be totaly diffrent then someone else's.

Games are way more fun when you can talk about what just happend or the path you choose to take on a certain mission or quest with other people. Kind of like talking about a movie you just seen only we could all be playing the same game and have complelty diffrent experinces.

I just compelted Hydrophobia Prophecy tonight and i don't think i will ever look at water the same way again and i will most certainly goto the bathroom before i sit down to play. Shooting bad guys with energy weapons and the abilty to control water with my mind made for a fun few hours!

Anyways im done with my babble Smile

Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: Video games are my version of books :)    Video games are my version of books :)  EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 09:32

I only started getting into gaming a couple years ago when my wife's father bought us a PS3 for Christmas. I was never a gamer until I bought MW2 and I have been hooked ever since. Other than FPS games, I really enjoy the Uncharted series of games and am looking forward to getting Uncharted 3. I'll probably wait and get it for Christmas because MW3 and BF3 will keep me busy until then. I do like RPG games. The stories are fun and enjoyable and you can make your own adventure out of it.

I really like the fact that you enjoy and play all sorts of games. You make for a great ressource if anyone has any questions regarding other games they are looking into.

Cheers!

Video games are my version of books :)  Shady_10
Video games are my version of books :)  Pbucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video games are my version of books :)    Video games are my version of books :)  EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 09:50

Great post dub.

Even though I have never heard of the game you are talking about, I agree with everything you are saying. Personally I find reading boring and just can't do it (except for newspapers).

I think one of the best games I have ever played is Heavy Rain, the story was phenomenal as well as the graphics, and game play was outstanding. I am also a big fan of sports games seeing as though I love sports. The replay value of the Call of Duty series is what I believe makes it that much better than most games. I say that because even though I loved the concept of Heavy Rain, as soon as I finished playing it, i didn't really want to do it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video games are my version of books :)    Video games are my version of books :)  EmptySat 05 Nov 2011, 11:50

the hydrophobia game just came out this week and was free for me to download sice im a ps + Member
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video games are my version of books :)    Video games are my version of books :)  EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 07:17

I love the Lego Indy and Lego Pirates games. Finished the POTC. Was awesome. I played it with my girls. They would take turns every level. We had fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video games are my version of books :)    Video games are my version of books :)  EmptySun 20 Nov 2011, 08:36

Wow what a great post and one I couldn't agree more with.

Games have left the "brainless pastime" street a long time ago. IMO games are not only divided into genres but as well into different "experiences". There are games purely made for the gameplay like all sports titles, 90% of the FPS games and 99% of all Beat'em'up games.
And there are games that are mainly about their stories and what you learn from them by playing them.
I personally prefer to compare games to movies/tv-series but in the end it doesn't really matter.

My favourite gaming series metal gear solid for example has one of the most complex and incredibly well thought stories throughout the whole entertainment area.
The already mentioned example of Heavy Rain is IMO rather an interactive movie than a game,.

I also love the new trend of non-linear games. A lot of games offer you choices you have to make while playing it offering you multiple ways to experience the same game.
The choices you make in Mass Effect 1 for instance also have effects on the story of Mass Effect 2 which is awesome.

I wish that more gamer would "wider" their horizon when it comes to gaming. Especially single player games are one of a kind experiences.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video games are my version of books :)    Video games are my version of books :)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Video games are my version of books :)
Page 1 of 1