Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

So there I was

Go down 
AuthorMessage

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 18:36

So after a few weeks of not being able to play Battlefield whatsoever I have a large sum of Money coming at me Courtesy of my 401K. The nights having to watch America's next top model, Bad Girls club and other bullshit tv my girlfriend wants to watch will be over.

Here's my Questions.

Need a new PS3, buy a new bundle, used, slim, skinny, which model would you buy?

I own Astro A40's, anyone ever own a pair and try the A50's? Whats the difference? I like the battlefield Orange ones but would go A50's if they are worth it.

Router, Pat told me to go with a model Ive seen good reviews on. Im not messing around seeing which one isnt working Im replacing everything, to get ready for BF4 and possibly that new Call of Duty. Which router do you like?

The check takes ten days to get here so Im assuming it should be here by Tuesday worst case I should be on and playing Saturday night. Get your Monsters and Smokes ready.
Back to top Go down
Warrior_1212
Retired Officers Sp x2
Retired Officers Sp x2
Warrior_1212

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 18:42

Andrew,

Keep your A-40's they are more comfortable than the 50's and if they ain't broke don't mess with them. As far as the system, if it was my money I would go with the 500GB White bundle for 299.00 it comes with a year of Playstation Plus included, and the white PS3 looks SEXY....lol. In regards to the router, that is above my pay grade so I have no clue on that one, I'm using the one my cable company supplied me, may be why I'm always a 3-bar.

Hope that helps.

Warrior
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 18:43

finally bro!!

i got the A50's. they are sick as shit. just love NOT having to fuss w/ wires.

i'd try to get cheapest ps3 slim as possible...this is just to hold you over for next few months...

i'm not savvy w/ networking/router stuff off top of my head.

hope to see you soon bro.
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 18:49

Brian is that Bundle in stores because thats the one Im looking for and it cant be purchased online.
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 18:51

i'm not sure. u looking to buy brand new? i just did quick search on ebay and i see console only going for ~$100.

i presume u just need console cuz u have all the accessories/cables/controller?
Back to top Go down
Warrior_1212
Retired Officers Sp x2
Retired Officers Sp x2
Warrior_1212

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 18:57

@Boon....The White one is in stores. Most Gamestops should have them, if your home store does not have one they can call my store, Store#3130 phone # to the store 513-683-0127. I will ship one to them if need be.
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:00

Yeah Bryan I want to buy brand new, worst case its a extra blue ray player in the house and my girl can play whatever she wants on it. Ok Brian Ill let you know if I need to have it shipped and thanks.
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:03

Warrior_1212 wrote:
@Boon....The White one is in stores. Most Gamestops should have them, if your home store does not have one they can call my store, Store#3130 phone # to the store 513-683-0127. I will ship one to them if need be.

@ boon lol my b. i did not see brian's post b4 i posted and thought u were talking to me.

Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:06

Warrior_1212 wrote:

Keep your A-40's they are more comfortable than the 50's and if they ain't broke don't mess with them.

Warrior

A40's that much more comfy? i don't have any issue w/ my A50's. i can game on them for hrs and not feel a thing. it's a pretty steep price tho. like b said, i wouldn't get a new set if your current works.

side note: i got the A50's as a gift. there's this known issue where sometimes the base station does not turn on when ps3 turns on. i thought that i had a defective base unit so i kept sending it back to get repaired. at one point, they sent me another set of A50's and didn't even charge me. in any case, there's a way to "go around" this issue. suffice to say i'm dam pleased w/ the quality of the headset and fact that i got a freebie.
Back to top Go down
Warrior_1212
Retired Officers Sp x2
Retired Officers Sp x2
Warrior_1212

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:15

They are both amazing headsets, don't get me wrong, the A-50's seem to be a little heavier and the edges of the ear cups feel a little sharp. The only time this is an issue is when you have them in a resting position with the earcups on your chest, the edges feel like the are digging into your neck. Just a minor issue overall. I just wouldn't replace my 40's unless they were dead.
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:16

i would have to say go with a new PS. i just got one 40 bucks and my old PS and i love it. i have to say it stays cooler longer and it might be just me but it seems to run a little faster.

i would love to try out the astro A50. i have only bought turtlebeach headsets.

hope to see you on the battlefield soon. cheers
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:16

for sure. i was playing w/o left audio in my trittons for about 6 months and got fed up with it! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:20

They have these new neon colors and was thinking of going for the Orange ones, Reminds me of the Battlefield Guy.

So there I was Neons10

There customer service is second to none. I had a problem with my Mic, got ahold of the guy on facebook and a week later I had an envelope with 3 mics inside. Had a problem with my mixamp and sent my headset and mixamp in and they sent me a brand new mixamp. I even asked the guy on facebook for stickers I wanted one of the back of my car and he sent me a ton. Things like that make you a life long customer and give them a good name.
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:22

sick colors. you picked the right color scheme bro Wink

So there I was San_Francisco_Giants_hat_and_helmet_logo

just glad u're coming back. now hurry the f up.
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:27

i would have to go for the yellow ones. just because you know everybody is going to have the orange and purple one. i might get me a pair for my birthday. Very Happy

btail888 wrote:
just glad u're coming back. now hurry the f up.

ThumbUp Machine Gun
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 19:50

Best investment ever.
Back to top Go down

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 20:12

my turtlebeach px5 are real good and i love them. the thing i like the most about the A50s is the fact that you just push up the mic to mute it and pull it down to unmute. i cant count how many times i mute my headset then start talking to find out i never unmuted it. also it has a rechargeable battery that will charge while using them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So there I was Empty
PostSubject: Re: So there I was   So there I was Empty

Back to top Go down

So there I was
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan 4GC :: New Members (MFD)-
Jump to: