Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5

Go down 
AuthorMessage

why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 Empty
PostSubject: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 19:15

1. EA has DICE on a yearly release cycle like Call of Duty
you know how what that does for innovation

2. EA is still ignoring the BF hardcore fans and tryiing to win over the COD fan base:
http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-s-desire-to-win-over-call-of-duty-fan-s-knows-no-boundaries?cid=db_articles

SO badly they want the COD kids that they ignore Battlefield commentators like Ra1der and Phyrefli and instead invite COD youtubers like Tmartn and Woodysgamertag instead.

3. Lots of the original DICE Battlefield devs have already left:
gordon van dyk, david goldfarb, patrick liu, others left for ngmoco

4. EA did NOT learn from the Medal of Honor warfighter disaster.
They quietly fired the lead guy greg Goodrich and killed the MOH franchise by trying to make it a COD clone. Not to mention destroying Danger Close studios in the process.

5. EA continues to run the show, not DICE. So as the story can be read at mordorhq.com, all the tons of goodwill and good ideas from lifelong battlefield fans were just thrown away for sake of $$$$.

It will be a BF4 hype train starting tonight.

about the only good thing though is the capability of the next gen consoles to support more features.

but Battlefield franchise is now going to be like the Call of Duty franchise.

basically the same game recycled each year with slightly different theings.

just IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 02:00

I'll probably not preorder this one.

here is what EA/DICE promised for BF3 and here 's a video of what actually was rushed:

Warning NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSQXALSJTU0&playnext=1&list=PLN8Q6eSausJ7OGZPMRP3OJkj9YOUtB5BW&feature=results_video

massive destruction - yes, in a few select areas
awesome graphics - yes, if you like overpowered lighting
huge maps - yes, if you like all the buildings/flags concentrated and huge wasteland areas. Also good if you like Linear maps and tunnels.
realistic sound - yes, if you like constant F-words and dropouts
6 man squad - nope
battlerecorder/spectator mode - nope
6 kits - nope
commander - nope
commo rose - eventually, but only for PC
3 factions - nope
LAN support - nope
mod tools - nope
team and squad voip - eventually for PS3, nope for PC

yes, they did eventually fix some stuff but stuff is still broken.

maybe a few things will be added back to BF4 to throw hardcore BF fans a bone.

but its obvious EA did not care about the existing BF fans and
just is trying to make $$$$ by making Battlefield into Call of DUty.

They should have learned from what happened to MOH Warfighter.

Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
DewBaah

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 02:04

I can only go on graphics alone as I have not spent much time with BF3. But the character models look 100x more detailed. At times It looked very real. As for gameplay we can only hope they learned from their mistakes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 11:56

We will see if EA have learned from the MOHW experience almost dead within a month of relelease even on line, that moving towards a COD lookalike will see of the BF fans.

If BF4 does not retain what is now a unique style amongst FPS it will struggle to survive - why go into a more competative market.

Could be back to Madden and football manager for me and give FPS a wide berth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 14:37

I know this negativity is premature as EA only showed Single Player.

So there is some hope for MP, but after burning so many BF fans with broken promises....

I'm sure others like myself are going to be thinking twice before pre-ordering.

I think MOH Warfighters death was BAD for BF.
It could have been a 2 year cycle - MOH, then BF, alternating.

I think last Quarter EA earnings call, VP Frank Gibeau said both FIFA and BF are ANNUAL franchises.

this gives DICE no time to do a good job.

You can somewhat see even in the SP reveal - recycled models, the white van, weapons aiming and reloading, sounds, press E to enter vehicle, etc.

yes, textures, lighting and destruction - basic graphics was vastly improved for the PC demo.
YES - it was PC based. (Press E to enter)

but most BF'ers care about the Multiplayer.

My bet is we get a few days "Beta" in late sept or early october to test drive 1 map of the mulitplayer.

but by then, it is really a DEMO as features won't have changed much so close to release.

If we get a beta in SUMMER 2013, then I'll keep hope alive that BF4 will be more than just BF3 with the missing stuff put back in.

Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
DewBaah

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 15:03

I think we will see dice hiring more people and splitting into 2 teams. MOH for all intent and purpose was a complete failure. What should happen now is have one team at dice work on Bad Company and one team work on BF. Do what COD does and have each team get a 2 year development cycle. I see no reason why they can't pull this off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 16:31

the single player graphics look a-mazing. there's no doubt i'll be getting the game. hard to keep my expectations low for this. despite all the 'bugs' and idiosyncrasies with bf3, the gameplay is still very good. if they do to bf3 what they did to MOH, i'll be fuming Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013, 18:18

STOKED!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 23:19

This is a LONG video but it may be worth watching to understand why EA constantly destroys good franchises like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Sims, FIFA, MOH, and now Battlefield.

And why THQ went out of business and Activision recycles COD every year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxXEidtxHk

the TL:DR version:

EA, Activision, THQ, Ubisoft, etc are BUSINESSES first and needs to show profit$$$ for their stockholders. The last big stockmarket crash crippled the videogame industry and any new AAA title like COD or BF takes big $$$ to make. So to MAXIMIZE PROFITS, companies take proven franchises and RUSH developer studios to crank out the next game - Regardless of quality.

DLC is cranked out the same way, Quantity over quality and full of bugs.

Now if EA Vice President Frank Gibeau says Battlefield is now a YEARLY franchise with Medal of Honor retired -

You can see why I think BF4 is going to be more like BF 3.5.

EA fronts the money for DICE developers. Dice may have wanted to add a whole bunch of good new features, but EA calls the shots.

So BF4 will be rushed out in Late October to beat the next Call of Duty title, regardless of its true potential state.

Bugs will be fixed as patches later on, and missing features will be sold as DLC - assuming the code will even allow.

COD and BF Fans will still pre-order despite a short buggy "beta/demo", and then Rage at Ea or Activision about all the broken stuff that still needs fixing.

EA or Activision laughs all the way to the bank.

A year later, game is still not fixed and the hype train begins for the next in the series.

Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
DewBaah

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 23:21

They did nothing to Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013, 15:11

I think the majority of Mass Effect 3 players would disagree and why they came out with Alternate ending DLC

https://www.google.com/search?q=mass+effect+3+ending

there was epic rage about ME3 original ending.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 11:34

bf3 was my go to game untill i got black ops 2 not i never play it im tempted to sell it to game stop and use the $ + more to get the bo2 map packs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 15:45

JOHNDOE.JOE wrote:
bf3 was my go to game untill i got black ops 2 not i never play it im tempted to sell it to game stop and use the $ + more to get the bo2 map packs

Shocked Suspect No Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013, 15:09

I really can't wait for it to come out I like BF3 so even if it is half as better it's still going to be awesome. Just how Battlefield roles..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyMon 01 Apr 2013, 00:25

Call of Duty has the same issue,

game rushed out full of bugs, unbalanced weapons, DLC cranked out, major stuff never gets fixed, hype for next call of duty game starts in the fall.

5 months later and Lag is still not fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EyojLjUh5Q

infamous BO2 Broken cameras video showing you even get LAG playing LOCAL split screen on the SAME Console!

EA and Activision only listen to the Money$$$, so as long as gamers do pre-orders and Premium/Elite pay for DLC sight unseen, we will still get broken games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyMon 01 Apr 2013, 19:57

btail888 wrote:
the single player graphics look a-mazing. there's no doubt i'll be getting the game. hard to keep my expectations low for this. despite all the 'bugs' and idiosyncrasies with bf3, the gameplay is still very good. if they do to bf3 what they did to MOH, i'll be fuming Evil or Very Mad

+1! i was super dissappointed with MOH MP, but the single player wasn't THAT bad...but not like OMG, I LOVE THIS AND I WANNA PLAY THIS OVER AND OVER!! (the campaign was uber short). i still have BF3, and most definitely will be getting BF4!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 EmptyTue 02 Apr 2013, 18:23

Pretty graphics in a single player game with a few curse words doesn't make a good game. Why do I have that bad feeling this is going to be like Activision Blizzard with Diablo.

Also, Wheres the BF2142 remake. C'mon that was the best imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5   why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5 Empty

Back to top Go down

why bf4 is likely to be more like bf 3.5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan 4GC :: New Members (MFD)-
Jump to: