Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

infomative vids (8 vids)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

infomative vids (8 vids) Empty
PostSubject: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 13:00

theres a youtube guy i watch all the time called rivaLxfactor. hes doing a series called breaking bad batlefield 3 habits. i think they are very informative and thought everybody could learn a thing or two from them.

so everytime he posts one ill put it in this topic.

Last edited by P_THOMAS420 on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 17:02; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 13:20

Yeah, I used to watch this too, really good actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 14:01

nice find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: nice video   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 14:26

Nice vid Pthomas. id be using my DAO and run up to them and blast them in the face!!!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013, 16:29

just posted another vid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013, 15:28

I guess its good info but, not really applicable anymore since you're teammates are going to go for ANY revive for 100pts and use you as a meat shield. Let alone no one stands still in this game vertically or horizontally. Some of this would work in team play with 4GC but that's about it honestly.

Back on topic the peek is commonly known as "Pieing or Slicing the corner" there are a ton of different and better references on how to do this and clear door ways into open rooms, clear hallways etc. as a random or as a 4 man stack. Most of these materials come from my world of the military. I can tell you I've played them to a T until I started playing with DJkillz and the rest of you guys. Simple reason I quit was because they don't work.

BF3 is not a realistic FPS anymore. It's every bit COD with vehicles and a horrible connection/lag problem now. Just no noob kill streak bonuses or last stand/ dead mans face sex. The given maps and instructions are all good and well but realistically in game play now days its all about terrain denial. You have to play super aggressive to take objectives and oppress the opposing team usually this results in a spawn trap. Unless you can convince and entire 12 man team to camp out near choke points to an objective and let the opposing team try and push out. Usually that works for about 2 mins then people get bored and someone rushes in and then its lord of the flies logic resulting in a spawn trap or getting spawn trapped because while you were bum rushing and pillaging A. They casually strolled thru and got B and C.

With the use of camped claymores, C4 traps and explosive/LMG spamming objectives being the common theme now the team element is gone from this game. Its all rush and no defend or defend is a loose word for camp with a bipod LMG or spam C4 on an objective. Plus the list of weapons available to do appropriate damage is dwindling. If RPG's/Mortars and small arms fire did that little damage in real life I'd have a few more friends and a larger military. Example being on AK maps how I damn well better have team explosive on or there's no f'ing way I'm going to hurt anything! You can hit a tank or tank killer 3-5 times and watch that guy roll away A-Team style with Hannibal and the gang after he just gave you a face full of cannon or Mr.T hopped out and tomahawked your ass while you're strapping C4 or repair torching because you blew thru 5 RPG's most of which glitched thru the vehicle or gave hit markers. 3 of your buddies Javelins that didn't work because of IR smoke and picked up a support kit off the last guy who bum rushed the vehicle in a test "the limits of YOLO" charge to try and keep an objective. That's my $1.50 USD of advice/opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013, 15:33

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyFri 15 Feb 2013, 16:08

although there's a fair amount of realism to the game and gameplay, i don't think this is intended to be realistic. i mean cmon, revive a bullet-ridden guy with a defib? and on the flip side, shouldn't i be able to stun/kill someone who is alive with my defib?

Everyone has their favorite game mode. But racer, it's time for you and most everyone else to move on to anything besides conquest Smile
that's all i played in the beginning b/c i was stat whoring, but it got boring just running around capturing flags. i suppose i hate vehicles as well. i play this game for the shooter aspect. takes skill to operate vehicles don't get me wrong, and it adds a nice dimension to the game. everyone has their own cup of tea though. i personally refuse to play conquest anymore.

i think the videos offer informative tips on how to improve the teamwork aspect. terminology aside, checking corners, taking flanks, not sitting out in the open on the "long peeks" are all invaluable whether it is rush, conquest or tdm. prob most important imo is the communication factor. letting ur teammates know where the enemy is succinctly and clearly is paramount. tagging the enemy is VERY important and i don't see guys doing that enough. first thing i usually do when i see an enemy that is not trained on me is to hit my SELECT button. when you die, let your squad know were your assailant was through the kill cam and how many of his teammates are with him.

i'd consider these informative videos beginner-intermediate level. more focused on the shooter aspect and not vehicular strategy. i'll watch anything though in the hope that i learn something new. sure most teammates want that 100/110 pts for revive, but depends on who u play with. when i revive someone i intend to keep them alive as well. sometimes drop smoke to cover. or i'll wipe the enemy then revive. common sense to win the objective/match.

on that note, play some squad rush or dm. i'm always looking for a full 4gc squad. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyFri 01 Mar 2013, 16:03

just posted another vid. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyWed 13 Mar 2013, 21:58

just added another vid. this one is something i see all the time when i play by myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 12:27

Love the articles fellas, good info for a FPS lover like me. I can only speak for myself when I tell you that I like me some Tank action. I like the vehicle aspect of the game, that's just me. Look, I'm just not that good at Close Quarters, hand-to-hand, whatever u want to call it. Sometimes in these Deathmatch games I feel like a hindrance on my teammates, having to revive me all the time. That's why I try and practice, practice, practice, I just feel more comfortable in vehicles. Whatever the situation may be, I give 110% while in game, and my teammates can count on me to fight as hard as I can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 10:09

just added another vid. this one alot of people that still play BF could learn from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 05:19

Nice, I forgot to re-subscribe to this guy when I made my new account, thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013, 10:27

its all..... common sense. i thought anyway.

i have never revived looking down unless the guy is under some kind of obstruction.

you should always; clear the area, keep your head up as much as possible then Revive.90% of the time i revive looking almost horizontal to the ground.

if your a Medic you should also always stand on your meds especially if your going to try to hold and area and hunker down.

Thomas, we should start a training section in-game and out. build a team just like 4GC currently has for the MW and BKo guys.

PM me what you think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013, 11:29

This guy does a good job with his tips and breaking things down so they are easy to understand. Most of these things are things that just come with practice and learning. I already do most of the things he explains, I've just never really thought about it or tried to explain it to anyone.

Good post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptySat 20 Apr 2013, 19:38

just added another vid. this one will be very helpful to a lot of battlefield players.

its attacking and defending stairwells.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 08:05

just put another one up. make sure you watch them all. even if you already know or do it believe me there is something you will learn. this guy was part of the rival competitive clan as a tank driver and infantry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 08:35

I was playing alone last night and I swear there was this one Dbag on my squad that needed to was this revive video... he did it 4 different times in the game and I knew where they was and got killed before I even could declined the damn revive.

I'm sure we all been in that boat.
Back to top Go down
Shady__Arsenal
Retired Officers Sp X4
Retired Officers Sp X4
Shady__Arsenal

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 09:33

I'm sure that these will help my BF game. I'll have to take a look at them a little later. I have some KOTH matches to play tonight following Pub Stomp but I plan to jump on BF3 with you guys following that.

Cheers!

infomative vids (8 vids) Shady_10
infomative vids (8 vids) Pbucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 11:44

watched the 2 most recent vids just now and i did learn a few things Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 12:02

I added this to my fav. I will need to remember to sub this guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013, 17:03

added another one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013, 22:14

lol dam lot of times i go aggressive when i see nade and attack the guy who threw it.  he usually doesnt' expect it and if he's alone, i got him.  but if he's with 1 or 2 other teammates i'm def hosed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: infomative vids (8 vids)   infomative vids (8 vids) Empty

Back to top Go down

infomative vids (8 vids)
Page 1 of 1