Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

EU console servers moved to US

Go down 
AuthorMessage

EU console servers moved to US Empty
PostSubject: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptySun 03 Feb 2013, 17:58

EA "consolidates" more servers:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348420733201/1/

confirmation with IP address in this thread at MordorHQ:
http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?6666-Euro-servers-are-in-America-%28consoles%29

and reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/17qxxw/dice_why_are_european_bf3_servers_being_moved_to/

Looks like some EU servers are still in the UK but many others moved to Virginia, Atlanta, and even as far as California!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 12:52

The ridiculiousness of the recent decisions lead towards an obvious abandon ship mentality from EA/DICE. I'm pretty sure this is the end of the money train for BF3's multiplayer prowess. It's all over battlelog and other independent game sources.

I know for sure if BF4 is a next gen launch title, if that system isn't under 400 Sony will be getting 0 of my coin and off to the PC world I go. That and BF4 should be so mind blowing that the combat action gives people PTSD from how earth shattering things are. I'm guessing I'll be disappointed and return to the Elf's and Nords in Skyrm or start breaking my leg on rock piles in DayZ.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyMon 04 Feb 2013, 15:01

RacerX33 wrote:
The ridiculiousness of the recent decisions lead towards an obvious abandon ship mentality from EA/DICE. I'm pretty sure this is the end of the money train for BF3's multiplayer prowess. It's all over battlelog and other independent game sources.

I know for sure if BF4 is a next gen launch title, if that system isn't under 400 Sony will be getting 0 of my coin and off to the PC world I go. That and BF4 should be so mind blowing that the combat action gives people PTSD from how earth shattering things are. I'm guessing I'll be disappointed and return to the Elf's and Nords in Skyrm or start breaking my leg on rock piles in DayZ.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 00:58

update - there is now some confusion over what the console server IP from the p-stats bf3stats.com network indicates.

some folks from EA are claiming that the IP listed is the redwood city, CA IP address of EA's HQ where all servers are registered.

But if that is the case, why are there ANY non-Redwood City Ips as previous console server IPs have ranges that were listed in Atlanta, Virginia, London, Sweden, Poland, etc.

I suspect EA is doing some serious cost-cutting, First shutting down the US South rental servers, moving around the EU servers, and also shutting down other non-Battlefield servers like FIFA, Madden, NBA, NHL, etc:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-02-ea-to-switch-off-fifa-11-servers-this-month

yes, these are older Sports games versions, but I'm sure lots of people still play these older titles.
Back to top Go down
DewBaah
Corporal Sp
Corporal Sp
DewBaah

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 01:04

Usually EA will shutdown servers on old games from the previous year for their sports franchises.

Also this is not that uncommon. MMO's on PC have always done this. There is no need to have 100 servers if the player base can't support it so it gets trimmed down to maybe 40 servers that have a good amount of people on them.

I understand this has nothing to do with Players on UK servers now needing to connect to servers in the US to enjoy the game.

However in the end EA can do what ever they want and the only way they will even consider listening to the public is if the public instead of constantly bitching ( not saying anyone is doing anything like that here ) and still buying EA games is to speak with their wallets and not buy anything from them anymore.

Also the PS4 or what ever it will be called price point is such a hot topic of concern. I would also agree that the system needs to be priced at $399.99 with maybe a Deluxe version with a bigger HDD at $450. This iI think will be reasonable. However come February 20th when Sony blows all of our minds with what the thing can do I am sure I will just be throwing money at my TV screen for months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 01:14

The other bad thing to note about upcoming BF4 is that DIce has lost alot of it's key people:

started with Gordon van dyke in 2010
1 or 2 left to join CCP and work on Dust 514
one of the graphic design ladies left for another company
Kristoffer Bergqvist who left for Danger Close
David Goldfarb
Tim Kjell and 3 others just this month

so I would say at least a dozen Battlefield series team members have left.

I bet Danger Close good have made a decent MOH warfighter if EA did not rush them and fire Greg Goodrich, the main guy behind it.

EA is really good at ruining games so I'm really worried that Battlefield will follow Medal of Honor down the EA toilet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 01:21

I think Sony may be another company that is going down the tubes.

They used to be very innovative - basically Sony used to be what Apple is currently today.

but now there is so much competition from CHina and Korea in hrdware that Sony is getting squeezed out of their markets.

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4 is the last mainstream console Sony makes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 04:05

Agreed with all points for sure and well articulated.

I'm just extremely disappointed with how BF3 has gone compared to how awesome BFBC2 still is. Between MW3, BF3 and BLOPS2. I think the gaming world has a lot left to prove to consumers. Company I used to work for had a mantra "Innovate or Die". Unfortunately being a person who is paid to identify problems and find solutions in our nations military, there is not a damn thing I can do to fix this. A real bummer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 09:21

I think you see this when any game is starting to come to the end of its life. You'll start seeing promo's for the PS4 and Battlefield 4 coming on tv in the next few months.

We had a long discussion about the new Consoles coming out and the biggest thing we could think of is what will make these new consoles worth buying. 3D is dead just like it is every few years when people rediscover it, it comes and goes and no one honestly cares about it due to creating seizures and it being so hard to game on. And I dont see the whole Minority Report 3d where the games can be seen floating in the center of the room happening. That only really leaves refresh rates, lag comp and ultra high definition, I mean what else could be out there for them to improve?

You'll see like every new console they will be backwards compatible so ull be able to play PS3 games on them and people will wait for the price drop and they always do. I cant see making the console more then $500 but Ive heard rumors this thing could be up to $800. For that price I better see something Ive never seen before when it comes to gaming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 09:57

Both MS and Sony are using only slightly customized AMD CPU and Radeon Graphics. Both will use Blu Ray drives and Sata hard drives. Sony may use custom VRAM to speed up video but don't think MS will.

So I really doubt price will be over $400 for the basic units - unless you count the bundles with extra games and controllers.

Both MS and Sony sell their consoles at a loss when they first come out as they have incentive to get market share.

I think since hardware will be more PC-Like, there is a good chance that multiplayer player count will get bumped up from 12 v 12 to something more like 32 vs 32. Of course, graphics will be better.
I really don't see either MS or Sony changing the controller layout much - maybe just adding an LCD pad like the Ouya or Wii U controls but just a tiny one.

we'll see Feb 20 when Sony is expected to announce the PS4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 10:44

Boon - sure I have read PS4 will not be backwards compatable

Re servers - is this really a dying game 1. another DLC to come 2. I am seeing a lot of peeps returning to the game from Blops and MOHW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US EmptyTue 05 Feb 2013, 13:25

After last night and the last week and a half. This games become sincerely almost unplayable due to connectivity issues and I honestly feel the platform is on its deathbed.

It's not often that myself or DJkills get this worked up but, there was rage quit last night. Hardcore, rage quit. The server we rented dumps 1-2 times a day randomly and most of the people from 4GC that come game there have some kid of connectivity induced issue. That and I'm noticing a lot more random dumps in game and disconnects followed by PS freezes. Making the 64USD for a server an absolute waste. It's hard enough to fill a lobby and police the full metal derps without having your server take a shit 1-2 times in a 24hr period. So far ZERO support or response from EA/DICE tech support for the server issues when I ping their support line for console. Multiple emails have been sent. Jokes on us I guess...

I feel the DLC is just pushing forward with a preplanned event and an attempt to keep people in the franchise. With little to no work. Same story as Aftermath. That DLC was the best thing to happen to BF3...For a month or two. Now you cant find any scavenger severs or Aftermath severs on East/West searches or when you do its maybe on a busy night a max of 6-8 on a weekend evening. I logged into one Sunday night to roll solo for the first time in ages and mother of god, I know why people don't play Aftermath anymore. Within 30 seconds, or two spawns, I found my self with a 4x JNG smacking dudes out of at least 6-8 new map glitches. All of which happened to conveniently overlook most of the objectives. Same story on the other 2 servers I tried. I would say that 80%+ of the matches I play now are some sort of spawn trap either being the oppressor or the oppressed. The days of back and fourth battles seem to be fleeting and I'm not sure a DLC is really going to help much. It'll boost numbers and make everyone happy for a minute. But, as a whole we'll be right back to square one. Stuffs broke and needs to be fixed before anyone can really enjoy what BF3 has to offer. I just don't see said manufacture spending the time money and effort to fix it.

On the reverse compatibility note... I used to have a reverse compatible PS3 then Sony put an arrow in its knee...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU console servers moved to US   EU console servers moved to US Empty

Back to top Go down

EU console servers moved to US
Page 1 of 1