Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 91 on Wed 11 Feb 2015, 17:56
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Battlefield 3 Xbow review

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Battlefield 3 Xbow review Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 3 Xbow review   Battlefield 3 Xbow review EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 03:14

Thought this might be a bit useful to those who are on the fence about the Xbow

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Xbow review   Battlefield 3 Xbow review EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 03:42

I think someone at dice is enjoying blops in thier spare time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Xbow review   Battlefield 3 Xbow review EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 11:56

I enjoy the crossbow very much like I love that thing the range and just the Damage it dose. This bow is a force to be reckoned with just the other day I was using it and me vs a sniper and I won with the with the crossbow. I will be using this alot in games. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Xbow review   Battlefield 3 Xbow review EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 12:46

Just got done watching/listening to 14:11 of youtube Xbow talk. I would agree with him on 90% of topics. It does bring some versatility and fun but, this is only in the OMA (One Man Army) realm. I've played with this weapon scoped/unscoped in a variety of situations and I've found that when in team play you can drastically hinder your ability to advance/hold objectives. As support you still keep ammo packs, engineer you still get your torch, Assault you still get the paddles of wellness, Recon you still get your alert the enemy spawn beacon. However its the extra items that the Xbow replaces that I feel can really hinder your team in a crunch. Sometimes that medic pac, TUGSSOFLAM, or Stingerjaveliniglasmawrpgv2 alphabet soup can really help your team stay in the fight against some pretty crazy odds. If I'm playing alone personally I'm all about the Xbow. It allows for almost another PWS (primary weapon system) and still fill the fundamental role of the class. Plus its awesome to combine with a suppressed 1911 to help keep things quite. In team play however unless we're dominating as is, I would rather have something that's going to contribute to the cause. PTO'ing.

What I've found as far as the bolts go: The scan bolt is only really good for a few blips then dies off. The HE bolt while good for harassing vehicles and infantry really doesn't do a whole lot. However every time you take out a chopper you'll giggle like a school girl. That makes it worth it alone. The balance and standard bolt are good 1 shot kills if played right.

In the end it offers options. I don't think this was meant to be a game changer just something to help the OMA guys out a bit. At the end of the day team work & PTO'ing will conquer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Xbow review   Battlefield 3 Xbow review EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 14:30

RacerX33 wrote:
Just got done watching/listening to 14:11 of youtube Xbow talk. I would agree with him on 90% of topics. It does bring some versatility and fun but, this is only in the OMA (One Man Army) realm. I've played with this weapon scoped/unscoped in a variety of situations and I've found that when in team play you can drastically hinder your ability to advance/hold objectives. As support you still keep ammo packs, engineer you still get your torch, Assault you still get the paddles of wellness, Recon you still get your alert the enemy spawn beacon. However its the extra items that the Xbow replaces that I feel can really hinder your team in a crunch. Sometimes that medic pac, TUGSSOFLAM, or Stingerjaveliniglasmawrpgv2 alphabet soup can really help your team stay in the fight against some pretty crazy odds. If I'm playing alone personally I'm all about the Xbow. It allows for almost another PWS (primary weapon system) and still fill the fundamental role of the class. Plus its awesome to combine with a suppressed 1911 to help keep things quite. In team play however unless we're dominating as is, I would rather have something that's going to contribute to the cause. PTO'ing.

What I've found as far as the bolts go: The scan bolt is only really good for a few blips then dies off. The HE bolt while good for harassing vehicles and infantry really doesn't do a whole lot. However every time you take out a chopper you'll giggle like a school girl. That makes it worth it alone. The balance and standard bolt are good 1 shot kills if played right.

In the end it offers options. I don't think this was meant to be a game changer just something to help the OMA guys out a bit. At the end of the day team work & PTO'ing will conquer.

i feel the same way about the xbow. i was playing with it as a assault and i cant count how many times i wished i had the medpack instead of the xbow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Xbow review   Battlefield 3 Xbow review EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 11:53

+ 2 - good fun will do the assignments but long term not worth what you have to trade for it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Xbow review   Battlefield 3 Xbow review EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 13:52

It's fun to use but not worth giving up a medkit that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield 3 Xbow review   Battlefield 3 Xbow review Empty

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 Xbow review
Page 1 of 1