Clan 4GC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan 4GC

PS4 Clan - Age 21 & Over

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 98 on Wed 10 Jan 2024, 05:54
Main Navigation
Forum
Posts Since Last Visit
Today's Active Topics
Your Posts
Code Of Conduct
Main Contacts
4GC Members List
Clock
Pacific
Mountain
Central
Eastern
Notifications
Top posting users this week
No user
Advertising
For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization. For Good Company is officially recognized by the Central Outpost as a genuine gaming organization.

Best Squad/Team setup

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Best Squad/Team setup Empty
PostSubject: Best Squad/Team setup   Best Squad/Team setup EmptyThu 29 Nov 2012, 16:44

Hi All!!

I was thinking about this the other night and was wondering what people might think. What is the "best" team setup for each map or types of map? By this, I mean, if we all got online, what would be the best squad/team setup for us to deal with each map / type of map?

This will be based around Conquest mostly, as I don't play enough rush to offer ideas. Also, this is purely theoretical. I'm not suggesting we make these die-hard rules for joining squads/teams in a conquest game.

I'll explain what I mean.

I was playing Caspian Border a couple of nights ago before my internet connection died. We were losing and I was wondering why. Turned out, we had no anti-air / anti-tank teams taking out tanks and aircraft. So, I asked my squad to go anti-air/anti-tank. They refused. I joined another squad and no one really wanted to hunt tanks/helis.

So, I got thinking. What is the "best" team for this map. Here is what I came up with and why.

Alpha Squad - Anti-Tank / Anti-Air
- Recon (w/soflam / laser tagger) [Squad Suppression]
- Engineer (w/Javalin) [Squad Explosive]
- Engineer (w/Javalin) [Squad Flak]
- Support (w/C4) [Squad Sprint]

Bravo Squad - Anti-Tank / Anti-Air
- Recon (w/soflam / laser tagger) [Squad Suppression]
- Engineer (w/Javalin) [Squad Explosive]
- Engineer (w/Javalin) [Squad Flak]
- Support (w/C4) / Assault [Squad Sprint]

Charlie Squad - Air Squad
- Pilot (Plane)
- Pilot (Plane)
- Pilot (Helicopter)
- Gunner (Helicopter)

-----------------------------
Charlie Squad - Tank / Planes
- Pilot (Plane) [Squad Sprint]
- Pilot (Plane) [Squad Explosive]
- Driver (Tank) - Engineer (Repair Torch) [Squad Flak]
- Gunner (Tank) - Engineer (Repair Torch) [Squad Suppression]

Delta Squad - Tank / Helicopter
- Pilot (Helicopter) [Squad Sprint]
- Gunner (Helicopter) [Squad Explosive]
- Driver (Tank) - Engineer (Repair Torch) [Squad Flak]
- Gunner (Tank) - Engineer (Repair Torch) [Squad Suppression]

I thought having 2 dedicated squads to anti-air/anti-tank would help control the ground and air. Having a squad which was solely air-combat related, would allow them to communicate effectively between them. Alternatively, splitting the tanks with the planes and helicopter might allow them to better coodinate attacks against enemy armour or easier to request air-support.

I realise you can't force people into doing things like this, but would these teams be effective in their roles do you think? Especially the anti-tank anti-air squads?

It just got me thinking, that was all. Feel free to discuss. Maybe you were in a squad which was particulary effective, and for what reasons. Perhaps this could help us work well together as a clan when we play against others.

~ Naymy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Squad/Team setup   Best Squad/Team setup EmptyThu 29 Nov 2012, 16:47

Authors Note:

This is more of a discussion, than a "You are in Alpha Team, therefore you WILL be this role/setup or else!!" kind of thing. I was just opening the floor to discussion about squad setups and what works well (or doesn't work well). I have been a squad with 3 snipers. It only worked because we were on metro sniping from the cafe, with me supplying them with Anno, but usually this setup doesn't work. At least, I have found it not to be a very effective setup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Squad/Team setup   Best Squad/Team setup EmptyThu 29 Nov 2012, 17:15

These are pretty much the same set ups me, cong, gay panda and other used for Kharg, Caspian and Firestorm very successful. Although we often had a third in the tank for laser designating carrying Javelin who could hop out and add fire power if needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Squad/Team setup   Best Squad/Team setup EmptyThu 29 Nov 2012, 17:44

i like your thought process. those setups would be the best for conquest maps with heli/jets but when you get on a non heli/jet map you have two squads that would be useless. then you have everybody scrambling to get your stuff set up. defiantly want to see what other people have to say.

on a side note when we get a full team of 4GCers on we usually run the maps anyway Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Squad/Team setup   Best Squad/Team setup EmptySun 02 Dec 2012, 05:55

Nice setup naymay there more or less what we use recon can be swapped out for a medic ifyou have one engineer with stinger and one person with a javalin, that way keeps the saquad going should any1 gets killed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Squad/Team setup   Best Squad/Team setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Squad/Team setup
Page 1 of 1